Unbelievable 90-day report CM

On 4/20/2019 at 3:40 PM, Rockhopper said:

1 minute and 33 seconds later I was back on the bike and going home with 90-day report finished. Great job CM Immigration!

Same in Chonburi, only passport is needed. Will take less than 5 minutes most days.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Swedenlars said:

Are you sure that was in Thailand ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Thai immigration = Consistently inconsistent...NOT going to happen everywhere to everyone.  You are having a dream! As the OP said "Unbelievable" 

Edited by mike787

1 minute ago, bobonzo said:

SamutPrakran very fast as well for 90 day report. 5-10 mins max

5 to 10 minutes is not fast, unless it's a very busy office. In backwater Phichit, that would be enough time to have a coffee with the IOs and discuss Big Joke's whereabouts.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

90 day report for what? To confirm my current address? In 14 years of reporting I've never been asked to confirm it by immigration, other than when I submit my application for my annual extension. Total B O L L I X and waste of time. But, it gets people through their doors, justifying their jobs, and the possibly of obtaining tea money. 

If you have to pay "tea money" for a 5 minute 90 day report, that is your issue....

In other words the system was working as it was supposed to be. Shows the state of the place when people get excited when they get a bit of civilised service in their IO. By the way, Pattaya immigration has been like that for years and for the 90 day report, you only need to take your passport with barcoded slip inside. No TM47.

• Like 1

I did a TM30 check-in on 17th. 15 minutes and done. Difference is it seems less Chinese and others in general and the system unless someone is doing paper work to freshly sign up into the system (which takes oodles of time) is working well. Now I just wonder about the renewal I will have later in Q4 and how efficient this runs. I just hate getting there at 4am and hope there is not more need to do this.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Swedenlars said:

Are you sure that was in Thailand ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

That's what happens at the Surin IO but all I do is hand over the passport and sit there everything else is done for me, takes all of 2 minutes.

• Like 1

Last week at CW (Bkk) for 90 day reporting:

Arrived 08.45, got out 14.30. I was ticket number 221.

I can't do on my Mac. My fault.

Why anyway? Stalinesque control-freakery. Where else do you have to report every 90 days? N. Korea? Most countries manage fine with checking passport in and out + hotel occupants submission. In Malaysia you get 3 months (free) and only see IO at the airport...then vanish for 3 months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You know each and every one of them personally?

I am here since 2000 and met a lot of people. 

I never had really bad experiences. 

So I would extrapolate and  pretend that most Thai people are good/nice citizens. 

Now I am pretty sure some may have had a few bad experiences. 

I can than easily understand they also extrapolate. 

• Like 1