Unbelievable 90-day report CM

Just now, TKDfella said:

Udornthani has a separate 90 day counter and it only takes as long as the number of applicants in line.

Same in Surin, when anyone walks through the door they are asked 90 day or visa, if the answer is 90 day a guy says come over here and its all done and finished. I make a point of going when they have just opened, usually there is nobody else there.

• Like 1

Udornthani has a separate 90 day counter and it only takes as long as the number of applicants in line.

At Ayutthaya IO they don’t have a a separate desk for 90 days reporting but when the senior officer is not checking and signing stamps she calls out for 90 day(ers) to speed up the process.

Things usually move quite quickly there unless you turn up on a day the visiting monks are reporting/renewing !!
If there’s a hundred pairs of sandals outside the door come back tomorrow . [emoji51]

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

At Ayutthaya IO they don’t have a a separate desk for 90 days reporting but when the senior officer is not checking and signing stamps she calls out for 90 day(ers) to speed up the process.

Things usually move quite quickly there unless you turn up on a day the visiting monks are reporting/renewing !!
If there’s a hundred pairs of sandals outside the door come back tomorrow . emoji51.png

They used to have an outside door entrance in Rayong for the 90 days.  Very quick and a separate number que but those guys all got fired or transferred and new guys cut the labor by 70% and eliminated any semblance of order.  I think it may have gotten a bit better when that crew also turned over. 

On 4/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, from the home of CC said:

in Hua Hin that is my standard experience, and also no copies..

Same at Tha Yang. In and out like a fiddler's elbow for 90-day stuff and 20 minutes last time around for retirement visa extension.  

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Swedenlars said:

Are you sure that was in Thailand ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

My record 34 seconds in and out!!

8.30 am. In, no ticket, smile, new one, blank and out. Took me longer to write this note!! 5555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They used to have an outside door entrance in Rayong for the 90 days.  Very quick and a separate number que but those guys all got fired or transferred and new guys cut the labor by 70% and eliminated any semblance of order.  I think it may have gotten a bit better when that crew also turned over. 

Yes, I used Pathum Thani IO before and they had a few different doors, 90 days there was passport and TM47 only, no copies, very quick.
Ayutthaya is one room, 4 desks, with a lobby desk to check your docs and make copies etc. Works efficiently.
Not so many expats here, many Japanese workers and Chinese monks !!

26 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Same in Surin, when anyone walks through the door they are asked 90 day or visa, if the answer is 90 day a guy says come over here and its all done and finished. I make a point of going when they have just opened, usually there is nobody else there.

I went to Kap Choeng (Surin) one Friday arriving approx 11:30 am. Woman on the door said we were lucky as they were about to close. I said "you open all day on a Friday don't you?" She replied "Yes but we're fed up and we want to go home". Who am I to say they just can't do that?

• Like 1

I do mine online but still takes 10 - 15 minutes to fill out the form. I always forget the flight number I arrive on. There is also only a week window to submit online. Such a pain when I miss the window and have to take a half day off to travel too, wait in que, and travel back.

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

I know that xenophobes exist in every country but that the general Thai population, or those controlling immigration, are not in the least bit xenophobic!.

I don't know what happened to my post earlier but here it is again. Thais are definitely xenophobic and are taught to be that from starting school. The national anthem tells them 'Thailand is for Thais;. And if that is not enough they get taught to be 'racists'.

Image result for this man is ugly

If this post gets deleted I'l like a explanation as to WHY please.

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Swedenlars said:

Are you sure that was in Thailand ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Am I missing something? The last 25 yrs I just fill in the form with copies of passport and Bt 10 SAE and post it off. A week or so later it comes back with a new 90 day report slip. 

Edited by jgarbo

21 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Some already are. Phuket has a drive-thru kiosk. If you don't have to queue, it's also a couple of minutes. Just your passport, with the previous 90-day stapled in your passport. Don't even need a new TM47.

You sure you wasn't at McDonalds ????

5 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If there’s a hundred pairs of sandals outside the door come back tomorrow . emoji51.png

..good time to upgrade one's sandals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rally123 said:

90 day report for what? To confirm my current address?

Yes.

7 hours ago, Rally123 said:

In 14 years of reporting I've never been asked to confirm it by immigration, other than when I submit my application for my annual extension. Total B O L L I X and waste of time. But, it gets people through their doors, justifying their jobs, and the possibly of obtaining tea money. 

The 90 day report is to confirm your address. It’s why you report, so you’ve been reporting your address every 90 days for 14 years!

So they want to get people through the door, but they introduced an online system. Your understanding of 90 day (address) reporting and extortion theory needs some work!

6 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Where does it say 'I pay tea money'? It doesn't. What I was trying to put across was that some farang, irrespective of not having to pay anything for a 90 day report, will tip the officer. Over the years I've seen bottles of whiskey passed to an officer by pushing it over to the officer using ones foot. At Kap Choeng they have tip boxes, or used to have, conveniently placed between you and the officer.

There’s a difference between ‘tea money’ and a ‘tip’. Only one is a bribe and or extortion!

As long as the tipping is voluntary there’s no problem.

21 hours ago, elviajero said:

I know that xenophobes exist in every country but that the general Thai population, or those controlling immigration, are not in the least bit xenophobic!.

I also know that anyone that qualifies for a visa/permit generally gets them very easily; and that it's those that don't qualify, and/or are using all manor of creative ways to stay, that it's getting harder for them to stay.

Exactly, I never have a problem renewing my Retirement Extension and that’s at CM the 90 day reporting which I can do at a local office takes a couple of minutes and the staff are always friendly and helpful.

I have never had a problem at border crossings or airports.

Out of all the expats I know they don’t seem to report any problems except for one, which is because the correct information is not obtained.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

There’s a difference between ‘tea money’ and a ‘tip’. Only one is a bribe and or extortion!

As long as the tipping is voluntary there’s no problem.

Wrong. Both should be illegal when a service is provided free. Do you tip a policeman back in the UK? No. Because that can be seen as a bribe.

"In a sense, both are gifts intended to strengthen social bonds and each is offered in conjunction with advantageous service. One could even argue that the main difference between the two acts is merely the timing of the gift: Tips follow the rendering of a service, whereas bribes precede it."

Edited by Rally123

2 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

Wrong. Both should be illegal when a service is provided free. Do you tip a policeman back in the UK? No. Because that can be seen as a bribe.

Nothing I wrote is wrong; I said that there is a difference between the two.

The context and timing of a tip determines whether or not it's a bribe. If the immigration staff are refusing a service without someone putting money in a 'tip box' they are extorting money and are in the wrong. If they provide a service and someone can freely choose to tip it's not bribery or extortion; although IMO tip boxes are wrong in an immigration office.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You do in Chicago. 

Well that was interesting to know. The inducement to giiving money for a service is to openly display a tip box with a glass front displaying previous tips. If in fact they are genuine tips. That should not/never be allowed.

Edit: Sorry we had a power out. By putting a tip box out shows only one thing to me and that is 'open for under the counter business'.

Edited by Rally123

27 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

Well that was interesting to know. The inducement to giiving money for a service is to openly display a tip box with a glass front displaying previous tips. If in fact they are genuine tips. That should not/never be allowed.

Edit: Sorry we had a power out. By putting a tip box out shows only one thing to me and that is 'open for under the counter business'.

You put the $50 behind your drivers license and hand your wallet to the traffic cop.  If it comes back with no $50 no ticket.  I always thought it was a good idea.  Maybe why I fit in so well in Thailand. 

28 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You put the $50 behind your drivers license and hand your wallet to the traffic cop.  If it comes back with no $50 no ticket.  I always thought it was a good idea.  Maybe why I fit in so well in Thailand. 

You're talking out yer ass. Who gives a traffic cop his wallet? Drivers licence maybe. Yeah you should fit in well here along with all the other dumb farang that pay a fine and don't receive a receipt. Thai police can't get enough of you guys.

Edited by Rally123

3 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

You're talking out yer ass. Who gives a traffic cop his wallet? Drivers licence maybe. Yeah you should fit in well here along with all the other dumb farang that pay a fine and don't receive a receipt. Thai police can get enough of you guys.

I take it you have lived in Chicago.  If the cop tells you to take your license out of the wallet your going to get a ticket.   CHICAGO – Over the  past four decades, federal prosecutors have racked up more than 1,700 corruption convictions of elected officials, government employees and contractors, a toll of graft and malfeasance  that has left longtime Chicagoans accustomed to the sight of public servants taking perp walks on the evening news.????