Non O marriage multi entry - getting back in sync

I have been getting the Non O multi-entry visa based on marriage since 2000 - Renewed in either Savannakhet, Liverpool or London without any problems. My current visa expires on May 24th. I am now working in Myanmar (and loving it) but home and family still in Thailand.

Ideally I would like to be synchronizing my visa to coincide with the long summer holidays.

Should I do a visa run to Savannakhet in May? (It's a bit of a journey via BKK, & Ubon with Nok Air and would take me three days as there are no late night flights back to Yangon from DMK. Or should I try and get a shorter term visa in Yangon so that I can return to Thailand in June and then do the Savannakhet visa run during my holidays in July at a more leisurely pace? Will getting a 30 day visa in Yangon jeapardise the renewal of my 1 year multi-entry in July?

I really want to maintain the one year multi entry as it makes things so easy travelling back and forth and also only takes up one passport page. My passport is filling quickly with Mynamar 70 day and Laos 30 day visa pages.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

PhuketShrew

You should be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the embassy in Yangon.

Contact them about it. Info can be found here about a non-o visa. http://www.thaiembassy.org/yangon/en/services

Getting another visa type or a visa exempt entry would not affect getting anonther non-o visa in Savannakhet.

Wow - that was a quick response - thanks Joe. I think that maybe I could do it in Yangon but the attraction of Savannakhet, Liverpool & London is that they do not ask for proof of funds or income.

Looking at the link you sent it would seem that they may need some sort of "financial statement".

I guess I need to find that out at the embassy in Yangon.

PhuketShrew

Hi. Thanks for this info. I will need to do some more research. Are you sure that as a visitor to HCMC I can get a one year multi-entry based on marriage without any proof of funds? I thought that Savannakhet was the only place around the area that still did this.

HCMC would be an attractive alternative as I could get a direct flight from Yangon to HCMC in June and I believe I could also get a direct flight from HCMC back to my home on Phuket once the visa has been completed.

Is the visa process in HCMC similar to Savannakhet? i.e. Apply first thing in the morning on day one and collect passport/visa at 2.00 pm the following day.

PhuketShrew

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Hi. Thanks for this info. I will need to do some more research. Are you sure that as a visitor to HCMC I can get a one year multi-entry based on marriage without any proof of funds? I thought that Savannakhet was the only place around the area that still did this.

HCMC would be an attractive alternative as I could get a direct flight from Yangon to HCMC in June and I believe I could also get a direct flight from HCMC back to my home on Phuket once the visa has been completed.

Is the visa process in HCMC similar to Savannakhet? i.e. Apply first thing in the morning on day one and collect passport/visa at 2.00 pm the following day.

PhuketShrew

No funds required at HCMC - but you do need one extra thing not needed at Savannakhet - a short note from your wife asking them to issue you the visa.

Yes - next day service - but I am not sure of the exact open/close hours.

Thanks Jack. I usually take a letter from my wife requesting the visa anyway as you never know when it may be asked for. Looks like HCMC could be a good option for me in June as I can do this on my way home from Yangon to Phuket and it will bring my visa renewal in line with the summer holiday. Vietnam Airlines fly from Yangon to HCMC and VietJet now fly from HCMC to Phuket.

I have not been to HCMC before so any recommendations for accommodation and any other tips would be appreciated.

PhuketShrew

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Just one more question: What currency does the Thai consulate accept in HCMC? USD?

They only accept USD. For a multiple entry visa it is $200 US.