BANGKOK 20 May 2019 04:01
JWRC

Retirement extension medical

I am soon to apply for the yearly extension to my retirement visa. Last year for the first time ever, I turned up at the immigration office and was told I would need a medical certificate to go with all the other paperwork which was all correct.  Has anyone had to supply one of these recently?  I might add it added 900 Baht to the process because it has to be done at the hospital and a chest xray formed part of the medical, hence the cost, anyhow never mind the cost, it was all the last minute running about that did my head in, especially after me checking with them the previous week as to the current requirement at which time they never mentioned the medical. I am hoping I don't have to do it this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

250 baht here in Samui at a local hospital. No chest x-ray required.

Done for the last two years.

Blood pressure, height , weight, breathe in, breathe out while listening to chest with a stethoscope, and a few questions about lifestyle.

Edited by phetphet
  • Thanks 2

It was the Kanchanaburi Immigration. I am nearly 70.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JWRC said:

It was the Kanchanaburi Immigration.

I don't recall any report of them wanting medical certificate. Best to ask them if it is still required.

Sorry, Samui has been doing this for the last 12 years if memory serves me right, but all they are interested in is clear from drugs and STDs, as far as I am aware.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Sorry, Samui has been doing this for the last 12 years if memory serves me right, but all they are interested in is clear from drugs and STDs, as far as I am aware.

So they do blood tests?

So what happens if you have high blood pressure or a chest infection, maybe cancer is discovered is the extension refused and booted out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There is no qualifying health standard required to extend permission to stay in Thailand to the end of life so one must ask why it is being asked for. I guess that since Immigration can not act on anything discovered by a medical there must be other reasons for one.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1