Retirement extension medical

I am soon to apply for the yearly extension to my retirement visa. Last year for the first time ever, I turned up at the immigration office and was told I would need a medical certificate to go with all the other paperwork which was all correct.  Has anyone had to supply one of these recently?  I might add it added 900 Baht to the process because it has to be done at the hospital and a chest xray formed part of the medical, hence the cost, anyhow never mind the cost, it was all the last minute running about that did my head in, especially after me checking with them the previous week as to the current requirement at which time they never mentioned the medical. I am hoping I don't have to do it this time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

250 baht here in Samui at a local hospital. No chest x-ray required.

Done for the last two years.

Blood pressure, height , weight, breathe in, breathe out while listening to chest with a stethoscope, and a few questions about lifestyle.

Edited by phetphet
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Sorry, Samui has been doing this for the last 12 years if memory serves me right, but all they are interested in is clear from drugs and STDs, as far as I am aware.

So they do blood tests?

There is no qualifying health standard required to extend permission to stay in Thailand to the end of life so one must ask why it is being asked for. I guess that since Immigration can not act on anything discovered by a medical there must be other reasons for one.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Been doing them every year since my first one. 50 baht at the private hospital and not even blood pressure checked!

In fact if you get the retirement non OA done in your home country the medical list they require you to check on is so ridiculous, my doctor said if I had just 1 of about half the things on it I could not have walked into the surgery!!!5555

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall any report of them wanting medical certificate. Best to ask them if it is still required.

I am also in Kanchanaburi and i have needed the medical certificate last 2 years. I go to the local hospital, wait for a few hours and pay 200 Baht, the doc asks me if I am healthy and have any problems - I say yes, and no and he prints and signs and stamps. I get it about the week before my application, which I do about 30 days before expiry incase another new piece of paper arises. I needed it last November.

Edited by Saltire
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Sorry, Samui has been doing this for the last 12 years if memory serves me right, but all they are interested in is clear from drugs and STDs, as far as I am aware.

Only the last about 3-4 years at Samui for retirement extension – no drugs or STDs – but for extension based on work permit an extended health check from a hospital has been a demand for long time.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

So they do blood tests?

No, not for "retirement extension".

This is what a 250 baht retirement extension health check letter looks like (however, I cannot read the "opinion conclusion" stamp in Thai letters, but I did pass my extension for another year)...

2018_health-check.thumb.jpg.80818e4f0d22e70f3c6c42ebcbf0e23e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, phetphet said:

250 baht here in Samui at a local hospital. No chest x-ray required.

Done for the last two years.

Blood pressure, height , weight, breathe in, breathe out while listening to chest with a stethoscope, and a few questions about lifestyle.

150 baht at the clinic across from K-bank in Nathon in Samui. Speaks good English, takes about 10 minutes.

Hmmm, might attached my private health cover insurance policy with my next one, ooops, forgot I change to a marriage extension a few years back, probably because of my paranoia, which has paid off ????

It is also required at Amnat Charoen. Must be done at a government hospital. Cost last year was 500 THB. It is the standard medical certificate required for the initial non-imm O-A visa. Test for leprosy, elephantiasis, drug addiction, 3rd stage syphilis and TB.

1 hour ago, GalaxyMan said:

150 baht at the clinic across from K-bank in Nathon in Samui. Speaks good English, takes about 10 minutes.

Samui Immigration require that health certificate is from a hospital only, and not more than one week old...