Tourist visa for my Thai wife to visit the UK with me

My simple Q.

Is there a form which I need to download from the British Embassy website to cover this issue. Any other relevant info.would be appreciated..

I will be providing all the fianacial support.

Thanks

Nothing to do with the British Embassy. Search www.gov.uk and follow the links. She applies online, then submits the application, supporting documents and gets her biometrics taken at VFS in Bangkok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Im amazed you asked this question you cant be a seasoned traveler. SHE applies for a tourist visa. Thats it. And as thais mostly charge forieners more for things i hope she is charged more but this wont happen.  14 years ago my gf now my wife proved when we knew each other. I could prove when we met. After 2 six month visas she got 10 year visa. 

Once you've downloaded the form ( which runs to several pages ) take your time filling it in. It really pays to not make any mistakes and can save potential disappointment.

The main thing is to provide solid evidence that your wife will definitely return to Thailand after the visit.

If your application is successful she will be given a 6 month visit visa.

If you put on the application that you are only going for three weeks try not to go over that period as it may impact negatively on future applications.

As DENIM says in his reply take lots of time on the application. He is right they will be looking for evidence that she will return to Thailand. From memory there is a section about asks about travel history. Hopefully she has some and will demonstrate she always returned to Thailand. The form is pretty intimidating but process is not actually that bad. My wife has had 3 now , one of which was issued whilst we were in Canada. Past travel history also helps.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Once you've downloaded the form ( which runs to several pages ) take your time filling it in. It really pays to not make any mistakes and can save potential disappointment.

The main thing is to provide solid evidence that your wife will definitely return to Thailand after the visit.

If your application is successful she will be given a 6 month visit visa.

If you put on the application that you are only going for three weeks try not to go over that period as it may impact negatively on future applications.

The form is mainly static data input and there is little that goes in by way of evidence .... maybe a few clues entered on the 'additional information' section.

The supporting evidence comes later, either by uploading yourself or scanning at VfS.

There is no problem going over an intended 3 week visit IF you have a plausible explanation on the subsequent application. I know of at least 2 cases where the first visa was applied for on the basis of a one month visit and the applicants stayed for 6 months. One deliberately and one just because they got on so well that they decided she would stay full term. Both successfully applied for subsequent visas but this time stated (and could support) a 6 month visit.

Not wishing to be pedantic, but nobody can say for sure that an applicant will definitely return to Thailand at the conclusion of the visit, what the applicant needs to do is satisfy the decision maker that their ties are so strong that, on the balance of probabilities they’re likely to, a subtle but important difference.
The online form is a live document which can be saved and even corrected at will, up to its submission.

16 hours ago, AaronC76 said:

Link not working, think the site is down?

Working fine for me on phone and laptop.

@Delight You mention your wife visiting the UK with you, that suggests you're living in Thailand, if that's the case and you can provide evidence of your life here together, then that might satisfy the ECO of your wifes ties here.

As others have said the key issue in my and my friends experience is the fact they need convinced she will basically come back to Thailand. Get your girlfriend to Google the Thai lady groups online who will assist and advise your girlfriend on her application.

If she works then ensure her boss is aware that he/she may get a phone call to confirm any details she puts on her form including holidays she is being given for the trip. If she is paid cash rather than paid directly  to her bank account then get the story right as they will query whether she really is employed and will return to her job. 

Last piece of advice is ensure you read every line of her application before she submits...she simply gives you the link and her password...also worth considering an agent who will guide and advise as if refused you don't get the Visa fee back.

1 hour ago, gavlar said:

Get your girlfriend to Google the Thai lady groups online who will assist and advise your girlfriend on her application.

Sorry. By doing that all the "Thai lady groups" will fill her head with information that could scupper the visa completely.

My wife has never touched any of her applications because she didn't have good enough English to put an application together. The Thai lady groups will suggest that you stuff her bank account with money and other ideas and that will be detrimental to the application.

I would never suggest that anybody uses a visa agent unless they are specifically OISC accredited. So many visa cowboys around. It's not too difficult to put the visa together yourself and even when using an agent 85-90% of the work is information gathering which an agent can't do.

1 hour ago, rasg said:

Sorry. By doing that all the "Thai lady groups" will fill her head with information that could scupper the visa completely.

My wife has never touched any of her applications because she didn't have good enough English to put an application together. The Thai lady groups will suggest that you stuff her bank account with money and other ideas and that will be detrimental to the application.

+1

Archived