Too many visas

Hi all, I've been reading a lot of posts about tourist visas, and many people getting denied entry. And i was wondering if I'm going to get denied entry when i return soon. My past history for the last 5 years is PER CALENDER YEAR, two visa exempted and one 60 day tourist visa 2 times extended for 30 days at Imagration. I return back to u.k on all visits for 3 months  I haven't done back to back and never hit the 180 day stay in a calender year. Would appreciate any feedback 

I would be surprised if you have a problem entering with a tourist visa. Entering visa exempt by air may carry a small risk. Immigration may decide that you have spent too much time in Thailand for your visits just to be about admiring Thai temples, and some officials seem very suspicious of people who just want to relax in Thailand for several months each year.

• Like 1

As BritTim says, I think you should be ok.  How old is your passport?  If it's near the end of its life, full of exemption stamps and visas, it might be a good idea to get a new one. 

I say this to cover for the lazy immigration officer who couldn't be bothered to do the maths on your entry history, and just sees all the entries and then starts to cause a problem for you, and when that starts, it's all about "face" and then there is very little you can do.  

3 hours ago, Davo369 said:

Hi all, I've been reading a lot of posts about tourist visas, and many people getting denied entry. 

A few, not many, have been denied and they only tend to be those spending months/years living in the country as 'tourists'.

And i was wondering if I'm going to get denied entry when i return soon. My past history for the last 5 years is PER CALENDER YEAR, two visa exempted and one 60 day tourist visa 2 times extended for 30 days at Imagration. I return back to u.k on all visits for 3 months  I haven't done back to back and never hit the 180 day stay in a calender year. Would appreciate any feedback 

I don't see your history causing any problem whatsoever. They are trying to stop people living in the country. Frequent short stays for tourism, with a tourist visa, are not a problem. IMO you've nothing to worry about.

I would recommend, whenever possible, that you use a tourist visa to enter rather than visa exemption. You can get them very easily and quickly by post from the London Embassy.

Edited by elviajero

Hi guys, thanks for your reply, so you think it's not a good idea to get visa exempted? I'm only going for 3 weeks. I have return flight and plenty of cash.. But i suppose that means jack shxxt to immigration. I'm flying business class from u.k to udonthani so have a transit at bkk To udon. If i do have any dramas at bkk I understand not to sign any papers? So plan B. ASK THAI AIR to fly me to laos? 

18 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

Hi guys, thanks for your reply, so you think it's not a good idea to get visa exempted? I'm only going for 3 weeks. I have return flight and plenty of cash.. But i suppose that means jack shxxt to immigration. I'm flying business class from u.k to udonthani so have a transit at bkk To udon. If i do have any dramas at bkk I understand not to sign any papers? So plan B. ASK THAI AIR to fly me to laos? 

You would almost certainly have no problem with VE either, but entries using VE get greater scrutiny than with a visa, so if you want to reduce your concerns you should get a visa.

You’re not going to have a problem. The only thing you shouldn’t sign is anything you can’t read or that charges you for detention. It’s possible to fly elsewhere, but it’s up to immigration where you fly to, not you or the airline.

25 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It’s possible to fly elsewhere, but it’s up to immigration where you fly to, not you or the airline.

The most important factor is that it is up to the airline that transported you to Thailand to remove you if you are denied entry. Immigration will rarely raise any objection if you come to an appropriate agreement with the airline. What immigration will not accept is an attempt to pass responsibility to a different airline.

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

The most important factor is that it is up to the airline that transported you to Thailand to remove you if you are denied entry. Immigration will rarely raise any objection if you come to an appropriate agreement with the airline. What immigration will not accept is an attempt to pass responsibility to a different airline.

That is not true. Another airline can be used if immigration agree.