Investigation urged into case of father allegedly sending teen daughter to sleep with his drug pusher

rooster59

Investigation urged into case of father allegedly sending teen daughter to sleep with his drug pusher

By The Nation

A children’s rights activist called on the authorities on Saturday to investigate the case of a father allegedly forcing his 13-year-old daughter to have sex with a drug pusher in exchange for marijuana.

Surachai Kho-arsa, director of Ban Nok Khamin, a home for homeless children, said he learned of the case from residents in a community off Soi Ramkhamhaeng 9.

He said the residents told him that the man allegedly sent his daughter to sleep with a drug pusher every week in exchange for a stock of marijuana. He added that the residents had reported the incident to certain government agencies, but with no action being taken, they decided to post the issue on Facebook to capture the attention of the authorities.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368023

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-21

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He added that the residents had reported the incident to certain government agencies, but with no action being taken, they decided to post the issue on Facebook to capture the attention of the authorities.

The Thai civil service - a job for life, where you don't even have to do the job you're paid for, unless absolutely forced to.

Even allowing for the criticisms of social media and the users who post online what they had for lunch, accompanied by photos of the meal, it appears that it is a useful tool.

Not only to attract the attention of lazy government departments, but to force them into action by way of damage limitation and loss of face for the bosses.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the residents had reported the incident to certain government agencies, but with no action being taken,

They are practicing what it's like to be on an 'inactive post' to be prepared for the day their uselessness is revealed with no way to buy themselves out.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Even allowing for the criticisms of social media and the users who post online what they had for lunch, accompanied by photos of the meal, it appears that it is a useful tool.

Trevor, you've been exposed!

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said the residents told him that the man allegedly sent his daughter to sleep with a drug pusher every week in exchange for a stock of marijuana. He added that the residents had reported the incident to certain government agencies, but with no action being taken, they decided to post the issue on Facebook to capture the attention of the authorities.

Defies belief!!!

1 minute ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

Maybe they should try reporting this matter to Paveena( check spelling) Foundation for children n women. Hopefully she will follow up?

You would hope so.

Having said that, I must sound very cynical when I say I feel she's using the foundation to make a name for herself, on the back of helping kids.

Don't forget this is the same woman who over fifteen years ago was sent by Thaksin to investigate prostitution in Pattaya. She returned to Bangkok with the statement, "I saw no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya."

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You would hope so.

Having said that, I must sound very cynical when I say I feel she's using the foundation to make a name for herself, on the back of helping kids.

Don't forget this is the same woman who over fifteen years ago was sent by Thaksin to investigate prostitution in Pattaya. She returned to Bangkok with the statement, "I saw no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya."

But she saw an abundance of freelance receptionists offering their services

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You would hope so.

certainly gives pause

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The Thai civil service - a job for life, where you don't even have to do the job you're paid for, unless absolutely forced to.

Not only to attract the attention of lazy government departments, but to force them into action by way of damage limitation and loss of face for the bosses.

Kind of like those British civil servants who actively supported those guys in Rotherham was it, as they forced 13 year olds into prostitution over the course of several years, with authorities knowing about it but doing nothing!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Defies belief!!!

Not here in Thailand. Men clubbed his wife to death because she wouldn't stay down when he'd thumped her.  Man kicked his wife to death because she wouldn't have sex with him.

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He added that the residents had reported the incident to certain government agencies, but with no action being taken, they decided to post the issue on Facebook to capture the attention of the authorities.

2 hours ago, Fred31 said:

Kind of like those British civil servants who actively supported those guys in Rotherham was it, as they forced 13 year olds into prostitution over the course of several years, with authorities knowing about it but doing nothing!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....

Rotherham was despicable, but the motivation was the fear of being called racist by targeting the Muslim community. This case is entirely different and, as Rooster59 wrote, just another example of officials in Thailand not doing the job they are paid for. They get paid anyway, so why bother.

Archived