BANGKOK 25 June 2019 23:00
rooster59

Thai navy boards cabin of fugitive 'seasteaders' facing death penalty

... be warned ! Never ever apply logic in Thailand. It will only provide them to purchase paracetamol, asking logical rational reasoning to be applied is somewhat like asking a fish to climb a tree. There has never been any from birth, it’s to much to take in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"Once the sea house reaches the shore, the owner of this house can come to inspect it, as well as come forward to the Thai authorities in order to prove themselves in the legal process," he said.

Should have done this from the start, could have simply knocked on the owners door and ask what they were trying to achieve, take notes then pursue normal channels of investigation.
But this is Thailand... right from the start say they faced the death penalty (just to put them at ease) 

then wonder why they fled?

Diplomacy obviously got lost in translation!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, anterian said:

I thought Thailand likes to be a hub, seasteading is a trending concept, Thailand should be embracing it, building and servicing seasteads. 

LOL ! yes they’ll do it but only within their 12 nautical mile zone. 

Sheesh ! One would of thought that 14 nautical miles out they’re understand but hey ho, no as they probably have no maritime lawyers who have any iota. 

The legal system seems to be just like all all other trades, just make it up to suit along the way. It’s like a make believe game but for adults with sick ways, sick punishments, and sick outcomes. 

Something sure is sick when the ratio of cases found to be not guilty by trial is less than 3% 

Well that’s unless that system is so near perfect, sick ! 

Edited by mindfulness
Typo spelling

While the death penalty threat is certainly overkill, I happen to agree with Thailand's intent.  If the sea can essentially be homesteaded, then what is to stop China from erecting hundreds if not thousands of these of the South China Sea? As I am sure everyone knows, that area is extremely contentious; in fact, it has been suggested that, if WWIII is to start, then it just may occur due to nations competing for that area's bounty.  Call me a conspiracy nut, but when I lived in Okinawa (twice) it was clear that China was behind the constant demonstrating against the American presence there. The demonstrators were being paid.  By whom?  Take a guess. 

• Like 1

So what would the Thai Navy do if someone started to build a man made island 1 nautical mile outwith the 200 mile exclusive economic zone?

41 minutes ago, Blue Water Sailor said:

True freedom on in this world is almost impossible to attain. At least right now. The closest you can get to it is sailing the worlds oceans. But you still have to put in somewhere at some point. Not only that but your ties to the banks. I'm trying to find a way but its proving to be very difficult. Might can get close though,will have to see. I guess I just dont want to a part of this totally controlled world. Some people like it, I dont. Right now it's what we've got so we have to try and make the best of it. Freedom, yeah right.

Free your mind. The rest is triviality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derek B said:

So what would the Thai Navy do if someone started to build a man made island 1 nautical mile outwith the 200 mile exclusive economic zone?

Their ships can't go that far out...

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"I was free for a moment. Probably the freest person in the world," Elwartowski posted on Facebook on April 13, days before the Thai navy raided his vessel.

OMG "Nutter" does not even begin to encompass...

Why even mention the death penalty. Under no set of circumstances is that ever going to happen.  What will happen is that they will get a hefty towing bill from the Thai navy.

• Like 2

how stupid can you be trying anything new close to thailand,? what they do not know is forbidden in advance

1 hour ago, johng50 said:

Oh my god, take advantage of everything thailand has to offer, mmm corruption, smog and unlivable areas, dirty streets and turd infested beaches, road carnage, nose picking bar girls with lice ridden hair and bodies, violence against foreiners (unless your chinese), street gangs of youths, higher prices for farangs, now according to the world health organisation the leading country of untreatable gonarhea. wow arent they the lucky ones. (probably missed a few hundred other negatives) cant think of any positives at this times either, but im trying to.

Thailand has Chinese and Russian tourists so I don't think they care so much about the other nationals.

5 hours ago, toenail said:

I think of all the different concerns the Thai Navy should spend their energy on and this seems to be a big issue to them—What about catching fishing boats using forced labor? What about stopping cargo  ships and boats that dump their trash into the sea? What about checking tourist boats for safety? What about checking to see the floating tsunami buoys are all operating out at sea???...so many other things to worry about. 

(Ok, just remove the floating obstacle and get on with your responsibilities.)

All these incidents are not so ‘in your face’ impunity to Thailand and also this seasteading program should be nipped at the bud before it manifest into a larger problem in the near future. They were promoting the lifestyle online seeking more members. 

The Thai government should look at the positive side because maybe this person is trying to promote tourism by building a seastead. In the same time he wants Thailand to be the first country to build seasteads. Some time you beed to think out of the box.  Don’t think too shallow and negatively.

09862508-C197-4089-A30D-33C372828FC4.jpeg

4 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Who has died for these activities?

Just add the word "possible" before "death" and the threat of it becomes more apparent. In the same way as drug traffickers and murderers face the death penalty, but very few are actually executed.

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

thailand does not have to try hard to be an international laughingstock, over and over

First he is Polonish with americain citizen . 2d he is from the bitcoins Mafia  .. 3d he is a spion .and he can built it in ponland if he want