BANGKOK 21 May 2019 08:05
possum1931

Laptop Repairs.

I have tried the Central Thailand forum, but it is no help here, anyone know who

does laptop repairs in Nakhon Sawan?

Posted (edited)

Your post headline is very broad, might help if you share a little detail ot the re[airs you're looking for. 

Edited by scorecard

Maybe mention the brand and the problem/repair. Generic repairs, software, ram, hardrive etc could be done by anyone. Specific brand components may need to go to a dealer or authorised repair shop.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe mention the brand and the problem/repair. Generic repairs, software, ram, hardrive etc could be done by anyone. Specific brand components may need to go to a dealer or authorised repair shop.

he might try do a system restore and get laptop working again!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

It's an Asus EeeBook X20STA. problems with keyboard and wifi.

9 hours ago, essox essox said:

he might try do a system restore and get laptop working again!!!

I don't think it is as easy as that.

The WiFi can most likely be fixed by using a dongle. 

The one built into your netbook may not be broken, just incompatible with recent versions of Windows 10.

(Good Netgear brand dual band dongles are cheap as chips.)

As for the keyboard... this may be a loose connection inside the computer and be a pretty easy fix.

If it isn't a small USB keyboard may be the answer... at least till you get a replacement.

This is a low powered device that wasn't 'built to last'.

It may be a good time to think about replacing it as repairs can sometimes be a money pit.

Posted (edited)

Don't write off the use of a restore point, device manager removal of drivers (with instant reset on reboot) or a reset (restore windows  but retain files option after Ctrl/Alt/Del).  It really depends on the problem.

Both the keyboard and the wifi could just be driver problems.

Have you tried troubleshoot, both network and keyboard.  There are many things to try before going to a shop.  I suggest a google search with each problem searched individually and as precisely as possible.

Is the keyboard problem just the same key(s) sticking, wrong characters, wrong language or what.

Some more details may help especially the operating system and version currently installed.  PM if you want specifics.

Edited by scottiejohn

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It's an Asus EeeBook X20STA. problems with keyboard and wifi.

It's an ASUS EeeBook X205TA and I have already showed you how to fix the issue. No need to leave your device at the mercy of the locals.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, killerbeez said:

The WiFi can most likely be fixed by using a dongle. 

The one built into your netbook may not be broken, just incompatible with recent versions of Windows 10.

(Good Netgear brand dual band dongles are cheap as chips.)

As for the keyboard... this may be a loose connection inside the computer and be a pretty easy fix.

If it isn't a small USB keyboard may be the answer... at least till you get a replacement.

This is a low powered device that wasn't 'built to last'.

It may be a good time to think about replacing it as repairs can sometimes be a money pit.

I have already had the laptop checked by Nick at FortuneTown, he told me about the keyboard and wifi and quoted me over 1000 Bt to fix it, I have no problem with that, but he needed me to leave it with him for a day or two, but I had arrangements to go home the following day.

I am just thinking now if I should wait till the next time I go to Bangkok, or just take it to a repair shop in Nakhon Sawan which is a two hour motorbike trip from my home.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

It's an ASUS EeeBook X205TA and I have already showed you how to fix the issue. No need to leave your device at the mercy of the locals.

Thanks but I am not enough technically minded to fix anything never mind a computer.

44 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Don't write off the use of a restore point, device manager removal of drivers (with instant reset on reboot) or a reset (restore windows  but retain files option after Ctrl/Alt/Del).  It really depends on the problem.

Both the keyboard and the wifi could just be driver problems.

Have you tried troubleshoot, both network and keyboard.  There are many things to try before going to a shop.  I suggest a google search with each problem searched individually and as precisely as possible.

Is the keyboard problem just the same key(s) sticking, wrong characters, wrong language or what.

Some more details may help especially the operating system and version currently installed.  PM if you want specifics.

Thanks, please read my answer to Killerbeez on #1.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

or just take it to a repair shop in Nakhon Sawan which is a two hour motorbike trip from my home.

If you that far from Nakhon Sawan perhaps there is a closer alternative - try using Google Maps to find a closer computer shop.  I lived 2 years in Takhli many moons ago so was thinking you closer than that.

I obviously should read member data better.

phichit

https://goo.gl/maps/6Cn3i5snHVQLWYP79

Edited by lopburi3