Laptop Repairs.

NoshowJones

2 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Nonsense. Did you even bother to follow the thread before posting?

Yes I did, and the fact you are proposing a fix based on Microsoft and Windows 10 gives me a good laugh.

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

On my map in in Phichit

132,134,144 ถ.ชุมสาย ต.ตะพานหิน Amphoe Taphan Hin, Chang Wat Phichit 66110

AF1QipO7UlHc8vKXzEQwWJqPk2znL8Sxj8ebRGSSodHW=w408-h305-k-no

39 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks but I am not enough technically minded to fix anything never mind a computer.

You may think so but how did half the people on this forum start to fix their computers.  If it is a software problem then following the advice that has been posted by myself and others can do no harm (normal caveats apply).  You could learn a lot about your computer and also save yourself time and money.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yes I did, and the fact you are proposing a fix based on Microsoft and Windows 10 gives me a good laugh.

Does your laughing uncontrollably about nothing negate the solution?

Because it is the solution. There is nothing wrong with the hardware at all.

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Keyboard faults are like oil leaks in a car. They rarely get better. Perhaps the OP should consider replacement.

I already have a new Lenovo Yoga, the Asus is only for a spare.

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It's an Asus EeeBook X20STA. problems with keyboard and wifi.

Cleaning the keyboard, and/or touchpad does help, depending on your problems. Your Wifi problems can be dealt with the right driver. Once the updates kicked in, there might not have been the right driver for the machine.

But a cheap USB antenna will do the trick. 

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I already have a new Lenovo Yoga, the Asus is only for a spare.

Give the installation a go. You cannot do any harm to it. Once you do your first installation, you be disappointed with yourself for ever handing the device over to anyone else.

It's literally just a matter of turning off Secure Boot(takes seconds), installing Windows 10 32 bit(take a few minutes) and installing the the linked to Driver files(another few minutes).

The thing that takes the longest is the actual download of Windows 10 and putting it on the the USB Flash drive. 

You can do this job.

OP, the wifi and KB not working after win10 install or updates is a known issue, the broadcomm wifi chipset doesnt like win 10 generic drivers, same with keyboard, so any reinstall of windows (or MS drivers) wont fix the problem. (also you would loose office 365 which from memory comes with asus eee)

Get a new drivers from asus should fix the problems

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS_EeeBook_X205TA/HelpDesk_Download/

No need to reinstall windows, a huge waste of time (not to mention loosing installed programs and data), just get the right drivers from ASUS website.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Cleaning the keyboard, and/or touchpad does help, depending on your problems. Your Wifi problems can be dealt with the right driver. Once the updates kicked in, there might not have been the right driver for the machine.

But a cheap USB antenna will do the trick. 

Keyboard and Touchpad issues are nothing to do with not being clean... It's a Driver issue.

Archived