PM pleased Thailand rated as “least miserable” country for 2019

rooster59

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The Thai people are truly euphoric, in particular those in the malls spending their borrowed money.

All the college loans, car loans, mortgage loans, personal loans are not borrowed money? 

Pleased about what?

Thailand is not the happiest or politest, cheapest, least corrupt, safest, a democracy, friendliest, cleanest, least polluted, unrascist, best human plus animal rights, workers rights, social care and soooooooo on...

Yet more PR BS spin...

People need to be less blinkered about the place and open their eyes to the true amazingly negative sides of Thailand. 

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed his pleasure over Thailand’s rating as the “least miserable”

Until the election results are posted that is... then see it take a tumble !

However, Bloomberg reported that Thailand is often rated least miserable due, in large part, to its rather unorthodox way of counting employment as well as their low fertility rate and aging population.

Nuff said lol... more smoke in mirrors and it isn't the smoke from Chiang Mai!

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

Pleased about what?

Thailand is not the happiest or politest, cheapest, least corrupt, safest, a democracy, friendliest, cleanest, least polluted, unrascist, best human plus animal rights, workers rights, social care and soooooooo on...

Yet more PR BS spin...

People need to be less blinkered about the place and open their eyes to the true amazingly negative sides of Thailand. 

It truly is amazing once you have shrugged off the chains if sponsorship, sick buffalo, alcohol and sexual addiction and of course the exchange rate:)

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

...and still many farangs stay here for decades.

13 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

A very odd name for an index. Somehow I don't think "least miserable" quite means the same thing as most happy. 

It is an economic measure, regarding interest rates, inflation, nothing to do with happiness or measuring the mood of the populace

Not so fast...the accolades have to do with people's employment...and even that is suspect...

How about testing quality time off for Thai people...and numbers of suicides, drug overdoses, alcoholics, and people working in the flesh trades...shall we?  

6 hours ago, madmen said:

so why so many miserable old gits on TV?

The statement sounds to be made by one of the "why so many". Then again, it could be made by one that made the more miserable list.

8 hours ago, madmen said:

so why so many miserable old gits on TV?

You need to clarify that by quoting what the actual level is and making a clear comparison with other groups as Blackadder would do eg 'as miserable as a miserable man with something miserable to do'.

I am a miserable guy who moved to Thailand to find a miserable wife, with a miserable family, that even has a miserable dog. I live in a miserable country and life is in general good, I mean miserable.  :saai:

4 minutes ago, balo said:

I am a miserable guy who moved to Thailand to find a miserable wife, with a miserable family, that even has a miserable dog. I live in a miserable country and life is in general good, I mean miserable.  :saai:

Poor dog.

Yes, I'm sure the perpetual less than 1 percent unemployment rate is accurate, thus leading to the stated results. Never do we see any adult sitting or wandering about....everyone is fully and gainfully employed. Sheesh!

Archived