FBI arrests leader of U.S. 'patriots' stopping migrants at border

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

And refuse to report them to other jurisdictions and, which is particularly infuriating, refuses to acknowledge requests from other jurisdictions... 

If youre a citizen though? 

There isnt any way to squirm out of this without putting the "safety" of illegal immigrants over the safety of citizens. 

They aren’t putting the safety of illegals over the safety of citizens... they are enhancing both.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

And refuse to report them to other jurisdictions and, which is particularly infuriating, refuses to acknowledge requests from other jurisdictions... 

If youre a citizen though? 

There isnt any way to squirm out of this without putting the "safety" of illegal immigrants over the safety of citizens. 

If an undocumented immigrant in a ‘sanctuary city’ commits a crime or is caught in the act of committing a crime s/he will be arrested and processed through the judicial system just like anyone else.

During that process they will be checked against crime the Federal database, if they are wanted for a federal crime they will processed through the Federal judicial system just like anyone else.

The only ‘sanctuary’ they are offered relates to their immigration status.

An individual’s immigration status is not a danger to anyone.

7 minutes ago, farcanell said:

They aren’t putting the safety of illegals over the safety of citizens... they are enhancing both.

Wow, just wow. This should get the award for most ridiculous spin in this thread so far. 

"Were going to report, move, and give American citizens to any jurisdiction as requested, and were going to do it willingly, but if your an illegal alien, we wont do it and were going to broadcast it openly by giving them sanctuary in our cities. Were doing it for everyones safety."

This... This is what you think is "enhancing" the safety of both?

3 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Wow, just wow. This should get the award for most ridiculous spin in this thread so far. 

"Were going to report, move, and give American citizens to any jurisdiction as requested, and were going to do it willingly, but if your an illegal alien, we wont do it and were going to broadcast it openly by giving them sanctuary in our cities. Were doing it for everyones safety."

This... This is what you think is "enhancing" the safety of both?

You are completely wrong.

Sanctuary cities do not provide undocumented immigrants with any protection from prosecution other than for immigration status.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If an undocumented immigrant in a ‘sanctuary city’ commits a crime or is caught in the act of committing a crime s/he will be arrested and processed through the judicial system just like anyone else.

During that process they will be checked against crime the Federal database, if they are wanted for a federal crime they will processed through the Federal judicial system just like anyone else.

And if another jurisdiction makes a request for them? If ICE? No? Yeah thought so. 

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

An individual’s immigration status is not a danger to anyone.

You don't even know if the identity they are giving is their real identity, so please, spare us all the virtue signal. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sanctuary cities do not provide undocumented immigrants with any protection from prosecution other than for immigration status.

Thats literally protection from prosecution, and there isnt a single citizen that can claim the same privilege for any crime. 

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

And if another jurisdiction makes a request for them? If ICE? No? Yeah thought so. 

You don't even know if the identity they are giving is their real identity, so please, spare us all the virtue signal. 

If an undocumented immigrant is wanted for a Federal crime they will receive no protection from the ‘sanctuary city’ for that crime.

ICE can go swivel.

There are many ways an individual can present a danger in a community, not having a documented identity logged with the Federal Government  is not one of them.

12 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Thats literally protection from prosecution, and there isnt a single citizen that can claim the same privilege for any crime. 

Tell which US citizens are likely to be prosecuted in the US over their immigration status?

(Putting aside US citizens illegally detained by the numb nuts of ICE).

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Land ports of entry are their primary means for getting drugs into the country, not stretches of the border without barriers, says the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

The movie (Sicario) where the Cartel was moving tonnes of drugs through a tunnel must have been fiction then.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

ICE can go swivel.

So US Immigration and Customs can go swivel, and especially swivel after a person has committed multiple crimes. 

American citizens cant tell any agency or bureaucracy to go swivel, but non-citizens can. 

And thats not messed up or anything. 

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

what is your point. we are trying to discuss an incident during trump's Presidency. 

Yeah, lets ignore history, causation, and precedent of American militia groups because they apparently only began existing and functioning because of Trumps presidency. 

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are many ways an individual can present a danger in a community, not having a documented identity logged with the Federal Government  is not one of them.

So a potential rapist, murderer, criminal, wanted person, whatever using a fake ID and running to a sanctuary city is a-ok with you.

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The movie (Sicario) where the Cartel was moving tonnes of drugs through a tunnel must have been fiction then.

It has been stated time and time again by US authorities, even under trump, the majority of illegal drugs enter the US via legal Ports of Entry.

14 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

So US Immigration and Customs can go swivel, and especially swivel after a person has committed multiple crimes. 

American citizens cant tell any agency or bureaucracy to go swivel, but non-citizens can. 

Yeah, lets ignore history, causation, and precedent of American militia groups because they apparently only began existing and functioning because of Trumps presidency. 

So a potential rapist, murderer, criminal, wanted person, whatever using a fake ID and running to a sanctuary city is a-ok with you.

Because undocumented immigrants are all rapists, murderers (insert any heinous crime that comes to

mind)?!

No they are not.

If an undocumented immigrant is being sought for a Federal crime s/he will receive no protection from a ‘sanctuary city’.

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

Nobody is arguing that, you just literally made that absurd argument up. You did that. 

Sanctuary cities WILLINGLY handover Americans to all other jurisdictions if requested and report them as requested but REFUSE to do it for illegal immigrants. 

And that is a preposterous and infuriating position, and looks like ass to the citizenry. 

Now youve called me a liar, and ignorant. You need to stop unless you know its something you'd say to someones face, which I seriously doubt. 

So according to you, and you alone, they were a gang of racist right-wing law breakers that were given a free pass because.... "It wasn't worth the bother"... 

????

And you keep on saying falsehoods. Where did I assert that "hey were a gang of racist right-wing law breakers". I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are simply unable to distinguish fact from fiction. 

11 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

What are you on about? You obviously have no idea what sanctuary cities are about.

illegals are not excused from crimes committed in a sanctuary city... and then you are off on a tangent about them committing multiple crimes and still not being prosecuted

and it’s not illegals telling telling ICE to go swivel, it’s US agencies and officials within those cities, that are telling ICE to go swivel, and obviously it’s legal, because those same US officials are doing it under the protection of the courts.

and what has the history of militia groups got to do with it? Again, it’s US authorities that are condemning vigilantism by militia groups... the relevance today, to your Prez, is to do with emboldening the illegal actions of these specific militias that are operating illegally, (if you read your link, you will see this) 

crikey.... a potential rapist hey.... straight out of trumps playbook that one... when statistics offered by US authorities show an illegal is less likely to commit a felony, esp a violent one, than a us citizen.... and it’s not that it’s ok with any of us here in TV land, it’s that it’s ok with US citizens and authorities in those sanctuary cities, and the US courts that allow this status to exist.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because undocumented immigrants are all rapists, murderers (insert any heinous crime that comes to

mind)?!

No they are not.

Yet any other person who crosses a border legally needs permission and valid travel documentation, because those are the rules and those rules are for societies safety. 

You seem to want to ignore those rules and by extension support and harbor those types of people finding sanctuary in the USA. 

Not everybody is good. Virtue signal all you want, Im immune to it and couldn't care less. 

30 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

You mean it's only an undocumented alien who would be a potential rapist, murderer, criminal, wanted person using a fake ID? Your notion that militia groups can act on a presumption of guilt is ludicrous.

Sanctuary cities WILLINGLY handover Americans to all other jurisdictions if requested and report them as requested but REFUSE to do it for illegal immigrants. 

Lmao.... do you think that a US citizen, handed to another jurisdiction, will face the possibility of additional charges related to immigration and deportation, which is why illegals aren’t handed over.

your outrage would be justified if a sanctuary city refused to hand over an illegal who had committed a non immigration crime in another jurisdiction, but failing that, your argument fails.

6 minutes ago, farcanell said:

illegals are not excused from crimes committed in a sanctuary city... and then you are off on a tangent about them committing multiple crimes and still not being prosecuted

Crossing the border illegally? Crime. 

Filling out a W2/W4? Crime.

Identity Theft? Crime. 

Deported and come back again? Felon. 

The crimes they commit are too numerous to count and not a single citizen would be exempt from the fallout yet its all ok for illegal aliens. 

Nobody is arguing that, you just literally made that absurd argument up. You did that. 

And that is a preposterous and infuriating position, and looks like ass to the citizenry. 

????

Your quarrel isn't with me but with the Federal Judiciary. Here's a link to acquaint you with the plethora of decisions that support state rights. I am sure it will make you see the errors of your ways.:

https://www.jurist.org/commentary/2016/12/hugh-spitzer-sanctuary-cities/

Yet any other person who crosses a border legally needs permission and valid travel documentation, because those are the rules and those rules are for societies safety. 

You seem to want to ignore those rules and by extension support and harbor those types of people finding sanctuary in the USA. 

Not everybody is good. Virtue signal all you want, Im immune to it and couldn't care less. 

Whenever I’m back in the US I see hundreds of people who I suspect are undocumented immigrants.

I mostly see them when I’m going out for my early morning bike ride, they are the people I see up at the crack of dawn going to do an honest day’s work.

These, get up and work hard, types are exactly the kind of people who built America.

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

your outrage would be justified if a sanctuary city refused to hand over an illegal who had committed a non immigration crime in another jurisdiction, but failing that, your argument fails.

Do you want me to provide you a list of American citizens that have been killed because of this policy? 

Now YOURE argument fails. They shouldn't even have been here. 

Do you want me to provide you a list of American citizens that have been killed because of this policy? 

If your point is valid, then it's is a good argument against legal immigration, too if it can be shown that legal immigrants commit murder.. In fact it's a good argument against internal immigration between states if an immigrant from one states murders another citizen in that state. Of course, if your point isn't valid, then these are terrible arguments. 

Crossing the border illegally? Crime. 

Filling out a W2/W4? Crime.

Identity Theft? Crime. 

Deported and come back again? Felon. 

The crimes they commit are too numerous to count and not a single citizen would be exempt from the fallout yet its all ok for illegal aliens. 

Good... you’ve stepped back from calling them rapists and murders committing heinous crimes.... and now your into the realm of criminality occupied by trump, and y’all made that man president, with justice guidelines to protect him.... so again, rubbish.

4 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

A great argument for providing accessible and affordable immigration clearance to ensure people who wish to enter the US are not precluded from being processed by immigration by cost and needlessly onerous visa requirements and therefore not likely to make an undocumented entry.

Money spent on walls could provide that.

5 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Sure.... do that.... but also provide a list of US citizens killed by the prevalent gun policy, or the policy to pursue a fleeing vehicle, or police policy that results in so many collateral deaths, or any other societal policy, as none are fool proof and 100% effective.... and often falling short of worlds best practices.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Whenever I’m back in the US I see hundreds of people who I suspect are undocumented immigrants.

I mostly see them when I’m going out for my early morning bike ride, they are the people I see up at the crack of dawn going to do an honest day’s work.

These, get up and work hard, types are exactly the kind of people who built America.

I appreciate the virtue signal, but heres a list of people that have been killed by illegal immigrants. Totally preventable deaths. People like you, and people like this guy:

4 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Good... you’ve stepped back from calling them rapists and murders committing heinous crimes..

You guys own these lives, and you own the hundreds of billions of dollars wasted on all this mess. 

http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

I appreciate the virtue signal, but heres a list of people that have been killed by illegal immigrants. Totally preventable deaths. People like you, and people like this guy:

You guys own these lives, and you own the hundreds of billions of dollars wasted on all this mess. 

“You guys own these lives, and you own the hundreds of billions of dollars wasted on all this mess. ”

Hogwash!

Away with you and your emotional nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Actually, if anything illegal iimmigration seems to have the effect of actually reducing violence. So you guys would  have a lot lost lives to answer for if the wall actually would work:

"Extending disorganization and immigrant revitalization perspectives beyond the contexts dominating prior research, this study examines whether and how immigration may be uniquely linked to crime in rural versus urban communities over the 1990–2010 period. Drawing on the Uniform Crime Reports offenses known database and the United States Census, we find that increases in immigration are negatively associated with violence...Our analysis reveals that immigration has no effect on crime in the most rural communities, but buffers against it in the most urban ones. Additional regional variation in these urban and rural differences is also revealed."

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00380253.2017.1296339?journalCode=utsq20

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Away with you and your emotional nonsense.

I will not. You own it, those are yours.

Do you want to see the ones that have been disemboweled and decapitated by illegal alien gangmenbers too? 

I realize that you likely wont see those from your early morning bike ride surrounded by landscapers but they are there and they happen all too frequently, and they shouldn't but because of liberal stupidity they continue to happen. 

Archived