Animal abuse and exploitation in Thailand

manchega

3 hours ago, manchega said:

Any thoughts on who else I can get on board, I feel I am getting nowhere but a well documented campaign highlighting how damaging these things would really help the case 

There are some Thai organisations that work for this, but as usual here in the end most Thais seem to be only interested in money and just give lip-service to the idea of changing things.

A very worthwhile cause though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

"even a bill gates type thing would work, I mean it worked on those crappy cables in a 1km radius of where he mentioned. "

No idea what you are on about.

He is referring to a social media post of Bill Gates where he posted a picture of electrical wires hanging everywhere which prompted the government to be so ashamed to announce they would start putting the cables underground instead.

And sure a Bill Gates type of thing would work. I recommend OP to become a billionair and then post a picture of animal abuse in Thailand online shaming the government to change course. Of course it is quite difficult to become one of the richest people on the planet, but if OP tries really hard he might succeed.

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

He is referring to a social media post of Bill Gates where he posted a picture of electrical wires hanging everywhere which prompted the government to be so ashamed to announce they would start putting the cables underground instead.

And sure a Bill Gates type of thing would work. I recommend OP to become a billionair and then post a picture of animal abuse in Thailand online shaming the government to change course. Of course it is quite difficult to become one of the richest people on the planet, but if OP tries really hard he might succeed.

Can someone inform Bill that they missed the overhead wires in Pattaya

• Haha 2

Very disturbing, I seen something like some automachines for animals food and something like that in Turkey for example. I couldn't believe that things are so bad in Thailand, I always thought they are quite...progressive with that matter. Have you tried to contact some political party about that thing ?

On 4/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, rak sa_ngop said:

....not to mention the exploitation of children.  You can still see women with (drugged?) babies begging on the streets of Bangkok even though there are periodic 'no more beggars' clampdowns by the government.

there are too many humans in the world but yeah I get the point in general a lack of humanity in Thailand look at reports of rape in immigration camps for Burmians and Rohingu they were meant to be looking after these people

22 hours ago, Cointrius said:

Very disturbing, I seen something like some automachines for animals food and something like that in Turkey for example. I couldn't believe that things are so bad in Thailand, I always thought they are quite...progressive with that matter. Have you tried to contact some political party about that thing ?

you are joking of course

On 4/22/2019 at 9:45 AM, ChrisKC said:

Not to mention the obsession that Thais have with pork. This requires many millions of pigs being bred and (reared - disgustingly), mercilessly slaughtered and then chopped up. Twice last week I had occasion to be distressed. First, seeing a pick up truck parked on the side of the road while the driver went to have his bowl of noodles. The temperature in the sun was more than 44C. There were about 20 live pigs inside and unprotected from the sun, frothing and climbing over each other and obviously no water to drink even supposing any of them could reach it.

Second, a very large truck with two tiers of pigs, I would guess about 100 just stacked on top of each other racing along at 100kph on their way to be slaughtered.

And it all goes on with cows and chickens as well.

This happens in most countries of the world, I know and is considered normal practice. But in Thailand they care even less at this appalling and unnecessary suffering and killing.

The Buddhist philosophy and practice on this? What and where is it??

I eat pigs but have also seen what you describe.  the farmers lose money for damaged products so this makes no sense, distressed animals give poorer products

42 minutes ago, Benroon said:

woah woah woah - you eat pork despite seeing them crammed and I mean seriously crammed into two tier lorries in desperate heat on their way to a terrifying death and now want to be taken seriously on animal welfare issues ??

Credibility gone !

My dad used to say, "never trust a man that won't eat bacon" and he was right!

Cock fighting is widespread and should not be. Despite what some claim about not using blades I know for a fact they do and they often fight to the death, gambling is the reason of course nothing else.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Chinese tourists might - the rest of the world is leaving 'animal entertainment' in the dark ages where it belongs thankfully.

There used to be a few baby elephants outside restaurants many years ago, don't think you'll see them now. 

No? Think again and wake up

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/skeletal-baby-elephant-called-dumbo-forced-to-head-bang-to-rave-music-as-zoo-visitors-laugh/news-story/571a7440cb9b3b2df5f675e5651ddafb

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Please forgive me for not being aware of every single case of animal cruelty in Thailand - I will try to do better - like I said if you read it, cases like this used to be everywhere, now not so

I do not have to forgive you at all but most people don't know

but I am happy you you try to help

Edited by White Christmas13
typo

Animal abuse is just not confined to Thailand.

We have recently got a goat herd in our area. They may be good looking but hope the area does not become infamous for acts like this;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6556363/Man-accused-raping-goat-Malawi-claims-asked-animals-permission-first.html

When you google it it appears that having sex with goats is very common around the world.

6 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Animal abuse is just not confined to Thailand.

We have recently got a goat herd in our area. They may be good looking but hope the area does not become infamous for acts like this;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6556363/Man-accused-raping-goat-Malawi-claims-asked-animals-permission-first.html

When you google it it appears that having sex with goats is very common around the world.

The man who raped a Goat  when he appeared in front of the Judge, was told that it was a despicable act he had committed, And how low would he stoop, the man reply about a jack Russel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2019 at 6:53 PM, Benroon said:

woah woah woah - you eat pork despite seeing them crammed and I mean seriously crammed into two tier lorries in desperate heat on their way to a terrifying death and now want to be taken seriously on animal welfare issues ??

Credibility gone !

sometimes it would be rude to turn down food that is delivered to house, ready cooked ready prepared, or turn down food in a restraunt 

given the opportunity to order there are much nicer meats/fishy that I prefer to eat