Aircon Fan

wimpy

Can anyone tell me if there is a single fan motor in an aircon unit like this? I noticed that the output is much stronger on the left hand side of the air outlet. I'm not sure if it has always been like this, or if something is amiss. The two filters are clean. Thank you.

IMG_20190421_113340.thumb.jpg.fb2df284c6d8548097acb1a099e81613.jpg

There is usually a single squirrel cage fan, that would mean a single motor. However it looks as if the front panel will be easy to take of, or you may be able to see the squirrel cage fan. If its split in the centre then there are two motors if not only then 1.

Thank you for the reply. I see it now by turning it off and prying open the the outlet vanes. The fan is a single unit. There is a lot more dirt accumulated on the right side of the fan, which must be affecting the efficiency.

13 minutes ago, wimpy said:

I noticed that the output is much stronger on the left hand side of the air outlet.

On mine that's a sure sign that the fan needs cleaning due to mould build-up, though with mine it's always the centre that loses power. Looking at your photo I can actually see the mould on the flaps, so I bet that's it.

When did you last have it cleaned? Mine needs doing every 4 months or so.

Mini-Split%20Mold.jpg

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

On mine that's a sure sign that the fan needs cleaning due to mould build-up, though with mine it's always the centre that loses power. Looking at your photo I can actually see the mould on the flaps, so I bet that's it.

When did you last have it cleaned? Mine needs doing every 4 months or so.

Mini-Split%20Mold.jpg

Yeah, that is what it looks like. It has been at least 6 months since it was serviced.

Archived