Elite visa help please

Yes, that is indeed the case. But I can only confirm this by reading about the rules, not personal experience. I'm sure for your comfort level you want to hear from a person that actually did that and/or the grand visa Guru here -- Ubonjoe. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer, but is it based on experience or as it is supposed to be? I would like to know if anyone actually did it and if it worked. And I understand there would be no more Elite service for that last year, which makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

it happened to me with the 90 day extension on elite not the 12 months extension, i went to cw, the io on the desk on n1 wasnt sure, so she asked the superior who sits in the room next to n2 section, and she confirmed it to be yes

Edited by humbug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MsBom said:

Thank you for your answer, but is it based on experience or as it is supposed to be? I would like to know if anyone actually did it and if it worked. And I understand there would be no more Elite service for that last year, which makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it!

I don’t have personal experience, but I confirmed the fact with TE when I enquired about the scheme a few years ago. TE will not advertise the fact because they want members to renew membership. The scheme only started in 2013 so you won’t find much, if any, evidence yet.

When did your boyfriend last enter the country?

What date does his permission to stay expire?

What date does the PE visa expire?

Edited by elviajero

Thank you, but then they just told you the information, you didn't actually get one more year past the visa expiration, right? It just seems that it is doable but would love to get hard facts with someone who went through the process already

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MsBom said:

Thank you, but then they just told you the information, you didn't actually get one more year past the visa expiration, right? It just seems that it is doable but would love to get hard facts with someone who went through the process already

is that to me or someone else?

my elite is for 90 days each time, your one is 12 months each time, so when 5 year was about to expiry i was able to get a 90 day past my visa expiry, yours would be 12 months, this happened to me but with 90 days not 12 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, sorry I didn't know that some Elite visas gave only 90 days extensions each time, never heard of it. I though you were talking about 90 days report. That is great news though, thank you very much! So, does it mean that this last extension could be made at CW immigration as you said? No need to leave the country then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

they changed it from 90 days to 12 months around 2012-2014, i am unsure the exact timing of that change, but i did it at cw, where the superior in the room next to n2 confirmed it with the io who was on n1 section

i just sometimes go to cw as some of the staff have been there many years in n section and can be helpful, the superior who is quite tall can be friendly enough to confirm things before hand,  others like the elite io section at the airport and probably have equally good experiences there too

Well noted thank you. I guess we'll go check at CW and see how it goes there. I'll be able to help and talk to the IO there in Thai to smooth things down if possible

11 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I will know for sure with personal experience by next weekend.

While this is great, @MsBom and others must understand that the entry rules are the same as long as the visa is valid at the time of entry.  The visa expiry date and permission to stay stamp are independent of each other.  The category/type of visa just tells the immigration officer how much permission to stay you qualify for on each entry.

I have personal experience with multiple entry non-immigrant ED/O visas.  Each entry give you 90 days permission to stay.  If you enter before the visa expires, you still get 90 days.  

I know of people who had Double/triple/multiple entry Tourist Visas.  Each entry give you 60 days permission to stay. They were able to enter just before the visa expires.  They got their 60 day stamp.

There is a non-O/A retirement visa that each entry give 365 day (1 year) permission to stay stamp.  They were able to enter thailand just before the visa expires.  They got their 365 day stamp. 

When her boyfriend or whomever has valid Elite visa at the time of entry, each entry give 365 day (1 year) permission to stay stamp.

As long as you remember that the visa validity and the permission to stay stamp are two separate things, it's easier to keep track of when you must do your border run.

Now here is a question:  Could he do a 1 year extension of stay with the reason Thai Elite membership at local immigration office, if he initiates it before his membership expires?  Would they give him the full year (after the membership expires)?

Although I imagine it might be less hassle to just do an out/in border run, it would be good to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your time on the matter, it has been very helpful. We now have a much clearer opinion and we'll try to do it at CW. I'll keep you all posted of how it went if it can help others.

9 minutes ago, MsBom said:

Thank you all for your time on the matter, it has been very helpful. We now have a much clearer opinion and we'll try to do it at CW. I'll keep you all posted of how it went if it can help others.

I think that's a bit of a stretch and will be very surprised if they allow this.

• Like 1

I never bothered any other Visa than ED, Non O and later retirement Visa but the new opportunities seem to get more and more interesting.

1 Million for 20 years?? 

This is a really interesting Thread and may be some guys/gals can pile up some info what is possible 2019 and what are the requirements.

There are so much hick-hack going on in TV but real conclusions packed with how to do Info are rare.. 

Of cause its all stated in the Thai Web Page but sometimes as we all know is official written and the reality way apart. 

Good when people would update and say what they really did or had to do, to achieve their Visa from 1, 5 or 20 years..

30 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Now here is a question:  Could he do a 1 year extension of stay with the reason Thai Elite membership at local immigration office, if he initiates it before his membership expires?  Would they give him the full year (after the membership expires)?

Although I imagine it might be less hassle to just do an out/in border run, it would be good to know.

It would be good to know.

Personally I can't see how they can issue an extension beyond the visa and membership expiry. Otherwise you could potentially enter just before the visa expires to get year 6 and then extend that stay by a year for year 7.

33 minutes ago, MsBom said:

okay, if cw you see the room next to n2 section, it has seats inside for monks, and 2 desks on the right side as you walk inside, the tall slim lady is the superior and she will know if asked,as some of the ios in n section are completely over run with agents

29 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I think that's a bit of a stretch and will be very surprised if they allow this.

it is a strecth if you are replying to 4evermatt's post, 

Edited by humbug

34 minutes ago, See Will said:

I never bothered any other Visa than ED, Non O and later retirement Visa but the new opportunities seem to get more and more interesting.

1 Million for 20 years?? 

This is a really interesting Thread and may be some guys/gals can pile up some info what is possible 2019 and what are the requirements.

There are so much hick-hack going on in TV but real conclusions packed with how to do Info are rare.. 

Of cause its all stated in the Thai Web Page but sometimes as we all know is official written and the reality way apart. 

Good when people would update and say what they really did or had to do, to achieve their Visa from 1, 5 or 20 years..

its always great when threads are civil and try to help as best they can, a problem i find on here is some try to disrespect other visas which they dont hold, you see that a plenty on the elite threads over the years, even it happened on the other elite thread for 20 year info on activating the new visa yesterday. i actually thought the pr thread this week on new pr lines at the airport was superb, helpful, and seemingly without any posters on the attack.

that what i think we all want from a visa forum, where so many have different visas and just need or want advice and to try to respect everyone

• Like 2

I cannot imagine that immigration would give a stamp for any date beyond that of 5 years from initiation of the program

Being a member and holder of the visa why not just contact customer care center directly, they have been extremely helpful and direct with me so far.......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MsBom said:

Well noted thank you. I guess we'll go check at CW and see how it goes there. I'll be able to help and talk to the IO there in Thai to smooth things down if possible

Sorry for the interruption, but i wanted to compliment on your English because you apologized for it.

44 minutes ago, sgoodes said:

I was at the Thai Consulate in Perth last week and was chatting to the lady while waiting for my passport. We got talking about visas and the Elite Visa subject came up as they have a big banner inside promoting it. Not only did she say that unless you are wealthy, it is a waste of money for what you get which I and a few other people have always thought anyway.

She did however mention that there is a 3 or 5 year ( She wasn't sure which ) Non O "A" visa available and when the time comes that I will be applying for a Non O "A" she said before I submit my application to contact Canberra to ensure they processed it as such. This is the first I've heard of a 3 or 5 year visa but I will follow it up in due course and report the feedback as I get it.

A non-O "A" would give you up to 2 years potential stay . I can only belive the lady was describing the relatively new Non-Imm OX, I believe valid for 5 years and can be extended to 10.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, sgoodes said:

Cheers jacko,

I will follow up and clarify with Canberra what she meant and post the response.

i think you are on the wrong thread, this for someone wanting to know if they can extend past the visa expiry, which 2 people have confirmed.

i seem to remember a thread or a few while back which mentioned the ox/oa visa for 5 years etc , did it mention 3 million baht or was 1.2 million baht, there was 50 pages mostly complaining about it, and it was binned as the reponse wasnt so positive. i actually dont believe your post about the lady in canberra, telling you 20 years for 1 million is a waste of money compared to 1.2-3 million which you cant touch for 5 years. 

OP, your BF will get a 1 year permission to stay stamp each time he enters before the expiry date of the visa (easy enough to test with a short holiday).

but he doesn’t have to stay in Thailand for the full year, if he wants to go out part way through the year, he just needs to get a Re-entry permit that will ensure his permission to stay remains valid for the full 12 months 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1