BANGKOK 19 May 2019 15:41

Yes, that is indeed the case. But I can only confirm this by reading about the rules, not personal experience. I'm sure for your comfort level you want to hear from a person that actually did that and/or the grand visa Guru here -- Ubonjoe. 

• Like 1

Yes, I would love to get a sure answer for peace of mind. But thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thank you for your answer, but is it based on experience or as it is supposed to be? I would like to know if anyone actually did it and if it worked. And I understand there would be no more Elite service for that last year, which makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

it happened to me with the 90 day extension on elite not the 12 months extension, i went to cw, the io on the desk on n1 wasnt sure, so she asked the superior who sits in the room next to n2 section, and she confirmed it to be yes

Edited by humbug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MsBom said:

Thank you for your answer, but is it based on experience or as it is supposed to be? I would like to know if anyone actually did it and if it worked. And I understand there would be no more Elite service for that last year, which makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it!

I don’t have personal experience, but I confirmed the fact with TE when I enquired about the scheme a few years ago. TE will not advertise the fact because they want members to renew membership. The scheme only started in 2013 so you won’t find much, if any, evidence yet.

When did your boyfriend last enter the country?

What date does his permission to stay expire?

What date does the PE visa expire?

Edited by elviajero

Thank you, but then they just told you the information, you didn't actually get one more year past the visa expiration, right? It just seems that it is doable but would love to get hard facts with someone who went through the process already

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MsBom said:

Thank you, but then they just told you the information, you didn't actually get one more year past the visa expiration, right? It just seems that it is doable but would love to get hard facts with someone who went through the process already

is that to me or someone else?

my elite is for 90 days each time, your one is 12 months each time, so when 5 year was about to expiry i was able to get a 90 day past my visa expiry, yours would be 12 months, this happened to me but with 90 days not 12 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, sorry I didn't know that some Elite visas gave only 90 days extensions each time, never heard of it. I though you were talking about 90 days report. That is great news though, thank you very much! So, does it mean that this last extension could be made at CW immigration as you said? No need to leave the country then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

they changed it from 90 days to 12 months around 2012-2014, i am unsure the exact timing of that change, but i did it at cw, where the superior in the room next to n2 confirmed it with the io who was on n1 section

Thank you very much for these details, really appreciate it!

i just sometimes go to cw as some of the staff have been there many years in n section and can be helpful, the superior who is quite tall can be friendly enough to confirm things before hand,  others like the elite io section at the airport and probably have equally good experiences there too

Well noted thank you. I guess we'll go check at CW and see how it goes there. I'll be able to help and talk to the IO there in Thai to smooth things down if possible

I will know for sure with personal experience by next weekend.

• Like 2