moped where to buy in thailand

saekret

I live in cha-am phetburi  thailand for many years now and have been using bicycle to get around in the local area. Recently i been looking other mean of alternative transportation to get places , and decided to look for E bike. I realize having  a bike that run on  lithium battery has it draw back that it has a life cycle before it need to be replace with a new battery.  Then i thought maybe i should get a motorcycle 120cc instead since there common here and can be easily be fix if has problem. Then i decided maybe it wasn't a good idea to  operate heavy machinery,  it is heavy and i have never drove a motorcycle in my life before . I did some searching and the moped would be the perfect transportation for me and in term of it's light weight and i am very comfortable riding bicycle and since moped share the same characteristic attribute, the moped would be the perfect one for me.  Here is the moped and the style im looking for.  all the mopeds i have come across the internet are outside of thailand and i have no reliable source  information if there are any dealer here in thailand. im thinking they're should be a dealer in hua hin but all i see are the normal 120cc and above. If anyone have information regarding to moped selling here in Thailand and can point me in the right direction please let me know it is greatly appreciated thank you.

flexer_ex_01.png

OP, the bike you have shown isn't a moped as such (it doesnt appear to have pedals etc).

There are lower capacity bikes available 50-80cc, Honda cub etc. Pretty sure you need a bike license to ride even a moped in thailand.

Image result for 50cc scooter thailandImage result for 50cc scooter thailand

All motorized vehicles on Thai roads need to be registered to be driven legally.

Scooters of less than 110cc (I think- may be 100cc) cannot be registered.

Tolerance of unregistered 50cc scooters in some areas is common, but that doesn't mean they're legal.

Make of that what you will.  I found out AFTER I bought a 50cc Honda Dio for bombing around my neighborhood.  Only spent 5000 baht on it so it wasn't devastating.

I don't hold this out as an authoritative source of information.  Just a starting point to do your own research.  As a start, you may want to ask yourself -and others- why you almost never see new ones on sale.

Having a quick look around.

More bike like is the Honda Cub but it does have gears. No clutch to operate so just do what locals do and leave it in 3rd gear and ride around.

Second would be a Yamaha GT125 automatic and more scooter-like but quite narrow.

Have a look at both. 

Electric not worth it? Still need a license ( which is easy to do the test) and can't get out of its own way.

If you look around there are a few vintage Puchs or Peugeot actual mopeds, but you still need a license.

Archived