At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, toenail said:

If so, why did the ISIS backed Islamic fanatics go for “Christian targets” and not Buddhists in Sri Lanka?!? Christians account for 7-8% of the population whereas the Buddhist population makeup to around 87%. The comment above said Buddhists were harassing the Muslims. I have been to Sri Lanka twice on holiday ( the first time traveling solo & visiting the areas outside the tourist areas. The Christian church communities provide hospitals, schools, and preach love- not hate. What do these Muslim enclaves have to offer that is positive to their communities???

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No idea why the Islamist terror cell targeted Christians rather than Buddhists. Speculative only, huge Buddhist population majority?

From my experience in Thailand Islamic charity is managed by the local mosques, I understand the charity model is similar elsewhere. There are international Muslim aid organisations working with the likes of UN agencies. My interaction with locals in Sri Lanka and elsewhere are normally fine, there are some exceptions, not dictated by religion, but an individual's character.

And their religion just wants to dominate any way it can just one way is that if you want to marry one you must become one

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just like Roman Catholics used to and strict ones still do. All religion is <deleted>.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very true, my second wife who passed away was a catholic. Never any signs she wanted me to become one. Wouldn't have married her in the first place if she had.

Sorry about your wife,i do not understand why people make stuff like this up, even if a Jew marries the children take the wifes faith so if she is a Christian the kids become Christian. Islam is the only faith that makes you and any offspring to become Muslim ,thus ensuring they get more into the faith.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:10 AM, lannarebirth said:

I'm not sure. Sometimes the answer lies locally and sometimes globally.  Maybe China's involved after paying for the major Sri Lankan port while nearly bankrupting the country. They thrive on instability. Personally, I don't see the angle on what an 8% religious population has to gain by attacking a 9% religious population. Of course I am not at all familiar with the local politics of the region.

There are other countries that thrive on instability. China might be the last on the list.

11 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry about your wife,i do not understand why people make stuff like this up, even if a Jew marries the children take the wifes faith so if she is a Christian the kids become Christian. Islam is the only faith that makes you and any offspring to become Muslim ,thus ensuring they get more into the faith.

As the posted said...Just like Roman Catholics used to and strict ones still do.

Same applies to strict Orthodox Jews, Muslims, Buddhists etc etc

As the posted said...Just like Roman Catholics used to and strict ones still do.

Same applies to strict Orthodox Jews,

Maybe one in a million do ,but we all know that it is only muslims that insist on it 100% apart from that i have never come across it in any other faith or heard of it in all my years .

So please do not post things that are far far from the truth.

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Same applies to strict Orthodox Jews, Muslims, Buddhists etc etc

Where? I have never heard of this ,not even once , just because you HAVE to become a muslim if you wish to marry one ,please do not try to make out that this happens in all other faiths ,as it is just not true , and i have been married to a Catholic , but our child was not forced to become one ,

funilly enough she is now herself married to a Catholic but no way was even asked to become one .

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:
6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Same applies to strict Orthodox Jews,

Maybe one in a million do ,but we all know that it is only muslims that insist on it 100% apart from that i have never come across it in any other faith or heard of it in all my years .

So please do not post things that are far far from the truth.

You and I have had different experiences with refusal of interfaith marriage with Orthodox Jews and Catholics. There is info that Hindus are not particularly open to interfaith marriages, BTW...Marriages in Israel can be performed only under the auspices of the religious community to which couples belong, and no religious intermarriages can be performed legally in Israel. Kind of makes a nonsense of your claim of one in a million...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_in_Israel

To claim something never happens between humans in the world of ours is silly. I personally know a number of Muslims in Pattaya who married Buddhists without requiring them to convert to Islam. At the same time I know of Buddhist families who refused their daughter to marry a Muslim - daughter sometimes went ahead and were ostracised from the family. Swings and roundabouts...

Some topic posts and replies have been removed. Please do not discuss other members personal information or disclose your own circumstances,  this is an anonymous forum.

A post discussing moderation has also been removed

And most Muslims will have 6-8..10 children to make sure in the future they will be the majority. Look at Germany: “Christian” Germans have a negative population growth since some couples choose to have two .. one... or no children. Meanwhile the new immigrants ( mostly Muslims) coming to Germany to live have 6-8 children . All of these statistics can be seen from UN data or World Almanac. I lived in the Middle East for over 10 years and all the families were huge with Filipino or Indonesian nannies raising the children.-Very little involvement from the parents. Countries such as Egypt or Iran do have parents raising their children and teaching them manners and a value system. The Muslims I know in USA ( Michigan & California) are well educated professionals and do not have big families ( yes, there will be exceptions just like “Euro-Americans “). The Islamic communities in the USA are very “Westernized” and blend into their country’s culture.

1 hour ago, toenail said:

And most Muslims will have 6-8..10 children to make sure in the future they will be the majority. Look at Germany: “Christian” Germans have a negative population growth since some couples choose to have two .. one... or no children. Meanwhile the new immigrants ( mostly Muslims) coming to Germany to live have 6-8 children . All of these statistics can be seen from UN data or World Almanac. I lived in the Middle East for over 10 years and all the families were huge with Filipino or Indonesian nannies raising the children.-Very little involvement from the parents. Countries such as Egypt or Iran do have parents raising their children and teaching them manners and a value system. The Muslims I know in USA ( Michigan & California) are well educated professionals and do not have big families ( yes, there will be exceptions just like “Euro-Americans “). The Islamic communities in the USA are very “Westernized” and blend into their country’s culture.

Off Topic, but feedback for you.

Don't know where you get your assumptions from, but Pew Research, considered reliable by many posters, did a study on the matter, see below. BTW the average global birth rate for Muslims is current 3.1 per female and reducing as better education and medical care becomes available in Muslim majority countries e.g. Indonesia (2.3 births per female in 2016).

https://www.pewforum.org/essay/the-growth-of-germanys-muslim-population/

Its a waste of time discussing this ,the ONLY faith that demands 100% that you must become one of them if you marry one ,is islam. end of and you can go on and on looking up obscure charts to prove otherwise ,but we all know the score If you want to marry a muslim ,you become one as do your children and their childrens children ,

i will not discuss this any longer ,but i am sure there are those on here who will try to change our minds .

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Its a waste of time discussing this ,the ONLY faith that demands 100% that you must become one of them if you marry one ,is islam. end of and you can go on and on looking up obscure charts to prove otherwise ,but we all know the score If you want to marry a muslim ,you become one as do your children and their childrens children ,

i will not discuss this any longer ,but i am sure there are those on here who will try to change our minds .

To claim ALL people from one faith or another do this or that completely ignores human nature - in other words - nonsense.

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

To claim ALL people from one faith or another do this or that completely ignores human nature - in other words - nonsense.

I agree all faiths might have a very tiny minority that demand it ,but only one faith demands it 100% ,islam ,keep trying .

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I agree all faiths might have a very tiny minority that demand it, but only one faith demands it 100% ,islam ,keep trying .

Right, Christianity or any other Abrahamic faith at it's core doesn't require 100% adherence - again utter nonsense. Of course very few actually live according to the 'rules'. e.g. with your vast knowledge I'm sure you can factually confirm the percentage of Muslims who fully comply to the basics i.e. The Five Pillars

"Sri Lanka has expelled more than 600 foreign nationals, including 200 Muslim preachers, since the deadly attacks of Easter for exceeding the duration of their visa, announced Sunday, May 5, a minister. Home Affairs Minister Vajira Abeywardena said the clergy had entered the country legally, but had stayed there beyond the date allowed in their passports. According to the police, they come mainly from Bangladesh, India, Maldives and Pakistan."

Easter bombings: Sri Lanka expels 200 Muslim preachers

16 hours ago, simple1 said:

A propaganda piece from a Hezbollah news source?

Who knows what this stuff is?

But the carnage will continue worldwide I guess, while in different forums various ideas and accusations are exchanged.

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Who knows what this stuff is?

But the carnage will continue worldwide I guess, while in different forums various ideas and accusations are exchanged.

I was curious as a very serious allegation,not repeated by MSM, so checked the source which is an Hezbollah media outlet.

Archived