At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

My comment was in regard to the usual conspiracy/ fake news which emanate from right wing extremism - trump being a proven example, ergo his supporters.

I am not a "Right-Wing Extremist". Criticizing the hypocritical left isnt extremism. 

I swear lefties and labels are something to behold. I bet youd be first in line to sign 'hate speech' legislation to stop people like me from talking. 

24 minutes ago, ravip said:

Billionaire ASOS tycoon who is Scotland's biggest landowner loses three of his four children in Sri Lanka Easter terror attacks that killed 290 people >>> Article

An extremely sad and terrible example of the cruelty and cowardice of these bast@#$*

Just now, Thainesss said:

I am not a "Right-Wing Extremist". Criticizing the hypocritical left isnt extremism. 

I swear lefties and labels are something to behold. I bet youd be first in line to sign 'hate speech' legislation to stop people like me from talking. 

I am not permitted to post my honest thoughts - will get suspended again. Suffice to say your language and conspiracy stuff speaks volumes.

Just now, simple1 said:

An extremely sad and terrible example of the cruelty and cowardice of these bast@#$*

Absolutely. Many people still cant get over this shocking incident... innocent lives, just extinguished cruelly and without ANY reason.

Sri Lanka attacks: Terror group National Thowheed Jamath responsible for massacre

The Sri Lankan Government has blamed local Jihadi terror group National Thowheed Jamath for the deadly Easter terror attacks.

Cabinet spokesman Rajitha Senaratne said the bombings were carried out with the help of an international network.

The Government also reportedly said it had been warned three times in recent weeks that a possible attack during the holy holiday was imminent before the series of blasts at hotels and churches that killed at least 290 people.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-sri-lanka-attacks-terror-14444559

So sorry for the innocent people caught up in this, ie, those that were staying in the hotels and holiday places. 

As the for Christians in the churches, I can't say I have much sympathy for them, after all they get to go live with Jesus and God in heaven now.. paradise? And, their families must believe it was gods will... as he sees, knows and controls everything and is all powerful.  If they have a problem with it they need to think if what the have faith in is actually truth.

At the end of the day their religion was forced upon the people there when they got colonised... together with the Christian Portuguese ATTROCITIES, including torture, and destruction of the temples.  It's about time people stopped with all this religions rubbish and that would stop most of the war and fighting in the world.

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

As the for Christians in the churches, I can't say I have much sympathy for them, after all they get to go live with Jesus and God in heaven now..

This sounds so callous, i can only hope you change your mind on this.

Sri Lanka government says local Islamist group behind blasts that killed 290

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/sri-lanka-blames-local-militant-group-national-thowheed-jamath-for-blasts-that-killed-290/story-IKnse8fiNnfE4ngsbJ0uUM.html

Looks like a terrible failure to follow up intelligence warnings contributed to the huge death and injured toll

15 hours ago, Tug said:

I hope the criminals who did this are caught and injure long painfull deaths and that goes for whatever religion  the murders are just disgusting 

Criminals or terrorists , their motives may be different .

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Sri Lanka government says local Islamist group behind blasts that killed 290

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/sri-lanka-blames-local-militant-group-national-thowheed-jamath-for-blasts-that-killed-290/story-IKnse8fiNnfE4ngsbJ0uUM.html

Looks like a terrible failure to follow up intelligence warnings contributed to the huge death and injured toll

Weird. I thought you said there "wasn't any islamist militant groups" in Sri Lanka? 

20 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

As the for Christians in the churches, I can't say I have much sympathy for them, after all they get to go live with Jesus and God in heaven now.. paradise?

At least you're honest about it, unlike others that are too scared to admit it and let themselves be seen. 

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Billionaire ASOS tycoon who is Scotland's biggest landowner loses three of his four children in Sri Lanka Easter terror attacks that killed 290 people >>> Article

It is irrelevant, or should be, that he was a billionaire. The loss of any children is unimaginable and a terrible tragedy whether rich or poor.

As I said  please research history.  I would not consider that indiscriminate bombings, mass shootings that occurred last century and continued into this one and this are by the "odd nutter".  Or for that matter in times gone by under the name of Christianity.  However to discuss who is the worst mass murderers in the name of religion there has been previously  is rather a sick issue considering that on this occasion it is reported that the death toll is now 290. You may consider that Muslims may be the worst but as I said check your history books. 

It does not make it right but it is sheer hypocrisy to suggest one religion or another is to blame. They are all to blame as history proves and don't forget it was the Buddhist community that instigated riots etc against the Muslim community last year in Sri Lanka.  Extremists of any ilk only want an excuse to cause mayhem, rightly or wrongly.
History ,yes those darn people from the old days ,but its 2019,now and Bhuddists rioting terrible ,please stop

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

It is irrelevant, or should be, that he was a billionaire. The loss of any children is unimaginable and a terrible tragedy whether rich or poor.

That's a no brainer.

But one person to loose 3 children in a foreign country, while on holiday, in a violent manner, makes it a tad different.

22 hours ago, Bipolar said:

I noticed that whenever people criticise Islam or muslims, a lot of "do gooders" or hypocrites react .....but when muslims keep on doing these things ...everyone keeps quiet! When the poor white guy who shot many muslims at a mosques in New Zealand as he was too afraid of seeing too many muslim migrants coming into Australia and New Zealand, setting up Mosques and Muslim schools and walking around with goats beard etc and start instilling their beliefs and sharia laws everywhere wheres all non muslims cannot practise their faith in non-muslim countries, but yet many people called the poor white non-muslim guy horrible things when all he was doing was protecting his country and family from these invading terrorists!

Really, when is the world going to wake up to the threats of Islam and its followers. Must they kill 70% of the non-muslims before the world wakes up??????? verey small gesture counts, boycotting muslim businesses, muslim countries, muslim people an dharming them within the legal boundaries for instance have a stance of not accepting muslim employees etc. Vote out governments or politicans that allow muslim migranst in non-muslims countries or those that suport muslim businesses or the building of more mosques etc.

This "poor white guy " had no territorial right to inflict his indoctrinated criminal act in a country not his own. Hypocracy seems to have no limits. He is no different to the minority that are  despised by his victims.

terrorism Is defined by the act. 

11 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Simple 1,are you a muslim,married to one have familly who are, why cant you see ,and keep sticking up for this terrible religion?

First of all I note the poster to whom I replied has not been able to "back up" his/her claims. Is it not you who claims to have Muslim friends, so why do you constantly vilify 1.5 billion Muslims who cause no harm. It's a tiny minority who are ignorant, cruel violent jihadists breaking all the laws of humanity, even those articulated in the Koran.

One reason you’ll never witnessse me at a “Christmas Dinner” in Thailand, I also turn around when I see large groups of Israelis (although they are wonderful people)or their gathering places. Open targets for terror.

If I want a kebab or felafel I go to the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, operated by Turks and Thai Muslims. Great food perfect English very clean and great service!

First of all I note the poster to whom I replied has not been able to "back up" his/her claims. Is it not you who claims to have Muslim friends, so why do you constantly vilify 1.5 billion Muslims who cause no harm. It's a tiny minority who are ignorant, cruel violent jihadists breaking all the laws of humanity, even those articulated in the Koran.

Actually,i said i worked with muslims for many years ,i would not call them friends especially when our " partner"warned me

in the beginning that dont ever trust us you are a non believer and it is not wrong to swindle you,to most of us you you are not much above something we step in,

And rather and lot of those 1.5 billion seem to want to exterminate us or dont care what their brothers do

Will the PM of New Zealand be wearing a sari to show solidarity with the dead?  Will there be hakas performed?  Don't be daft, they were only Christians.  And the apologists will be saying "The killers  are not real Muslims".  Oh, that's alright then.
How do you know they were Christians? Many tourists and police were killed in hotels and in other bomb locations and as very few Sri Lankans are Christian it's likely people of other religions also died.

Trying to politicize a tragedy is sick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived