Can Thai wife travel for short visits to the U.S. without a green card?

I would go into the office and ask. Really helpful there, at the "starter" office. Just tell them tour situation and she will lay out all the details. If you want my opinion, if you are not going for a long time/living i think you will find it is simply way too much hassle. Then, at the end of it all, you could be denied, and you can't believe how much you are going to have to do. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2019 at 7:51 PM, utalkin2me said:

I would go into the office and ask. Really helpful there, at the "starter" office. Just tell them tour situation and she will lay out all the details. If you want my opinion, if you are not going for a long time/living i think you will find it is simply way too much hassle. Then, at the end of it all, you could be denied, and you can't believe how much you are going to have to do. 

Perhaps I'm misreading your reply, but that is exactly what a B2 visa is for, short term visit, tourism, family, friends.
It's not a hassle or a lot of work.  Geez.

8 hours ago, Nowisee said:

Perhaps I'm misreading your reply, but that is exactly what a B2 visa is for, short term visit, tourism, family, friends.

Now don't be too harsh, it was a simple question.

Where you are correct is that the procedure for filing an I-160 is pretty straightforward.

The outcome of that filing is less straightforward.

US tourist visas for Thai's are notoriously problematic, with a rather high rejection rate.

Regardless of whether the OP is married or not, the CO needs to be convinced that the applicant has strong enough ties to Thailand that she will return, rather than enter on a tourist visa, then apply for an adjustment of status while in the United States.

That usually involves demonstrating a stable (real salaried) job, money in the bank, letter from employer etc.

We have no clue about the OP's situation

This can often be a problem for the farang with a stay at home Mom, or works at home for example

So, simple application but thats just the easy bit!

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Now don't be too harsh, it was a simple question.

Where you are correct is that the procedure for filing an I-160 is pretty straightforward.

The outcome of that filing is less straightforward.

US tourist visas for Thai's are notoriously problematic, with a rather high rejection rate.

Regardless of whether the OP is married or not, the CO needs to be convinced that the applicant has strong enough ties to Thailand that she will return, rather than enter on a tourist visa, then apply for an adjustment of status while in the United States.

That usually involves demonstrating a stable (real salaried) job, money in the bank, letter from employer etc.

We have no clue about the OP's situation

This can often be a problem for the farang with a stay at home Mom, or works at home for example

So, simple application but thats just the easy bit!

It was replying to post #3.  Which was not a question.

Perhaps if you read post #1, then post #3 and then my reply it will hopefully makes sense.
:)

14 hours ago, Nowisee said:

Anyone with experience reading your reply knows for a fact you have never done it then. 

You will go through hundreds of hours of time spent on these, and at the end you could very well be denied. If you do not think it is a hassle getting a foreigner into the US you are in for a rude awakening if you try. 

3 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Anyone with experience reading your reply knows for a fact you have never done it then. 

You will go through hundreds of hours of time spent on these, and at the end you could very well be denied. If you do not think it is a hassle getting a foreigner into the US you are in for a rude awakening if you try. 

Walk me through your hundreds of hours spent.

On 4/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, utalkin2me said:

You clearly have never done this.

There is no way to 'go into the office and ask' thats just not how the US embassy works.

They don't operate a Q&A section.

You file the I-160, then wait for that to be approved then your spouse/girlfriend goes for the interview, which is all appointment based, which btw, you don't attend she's by herself

Archived