BANGKOK 18 July 2019 10:11
SenorJorge

Prostatitis doctor in bangkok?

Just now, oxysong said:

do not want to advertise       PM sent

Also are you incontinent and can you still get a stiffy without medicine?

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Also are you incontinent and can you still get a stiffy without medicine?

do everything as before   stiffy too,but age a factor now,can piss for Great Britain too

• Like 1

Why the secret? Sheryl gives recommendations on here, seems to be ok
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry to hear that, you're not having much luck lately.

You are having luck with the Levaquin it sounds like? I've called bumrungrad four times this week and no one will give me my test results.  Wait for the appointment, they say.  Finally someone says wait until Monday before the appointment, it's a holiday.  Like wth?  Aren't you answering the phone?  You can't move a finger to pull my labs?  Bumrungrad just gave some cancer patient HIV BTW.  Avoid them.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

You are having luck with the Levaquin it sounds like? I've called bumrungrad four times this week and no one will give me my test results.  Wait for the appointment, they say.  Finally someone says wait until Monday before the appointment, it's a holiday.  Like wth?  Aren't you answering the phone?  You can't move a finger to pull my labs?  Bumrungrad just gave some cancer patient HIV BTW.  Avoid them.

Levofloxacin ...... can't tell until Monday either.

But at least I've had a recommendation for a hospital in India that might sort me out if worst comes to worst.

Edited by BritManToo

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, oxysong said:

Why the secret? Sheryl gives recommendations on here, seems to be ok

Not for places abroad,Thailand medical charges are an absolute rip off,govt. hospitals are OK  ,but only just,waiting and sheer indifference to farang generally gets annoying

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, oxysong said:

Not for places abroad,Thailand medical charges are an absolute rip off,govt. hospitals are OK  ,but only just,waiting and sheer indifference to farang generally gets annoying

I've found Thai government hospital really cheap, trouble is they don't seem all that competent.

They diagnosed me with BPH from just a chat and a urine test. No prostate exam, no real investigation at all.

I could have cancer or prostatitus, or they might be right with the BPH.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, oxysong said:

There's a disproportionate amount of Thais who flat don't like farang who live here longterm, or even in the short term.  Cops, government officials, doctors, amphur, I can go down the list.  I know that some of us have done things to deserve this reputation, but many of us have not.  And before anyone says I am making a broad, sweeping generalisation, I am not.  I am making this observation after living in this country off and on for over ten years.  In my experience, the closer you are to Bangkok and Pattaya where most of us live, the worse it gets.  It's ironic because we provide a lot of the cash that greases the wheels in this country.

I keep going in and out of acute urinary retention, running fevers, about to pass out.  I'm bedridden and feel close to death.  I'm scared.  And I didn't even run around with girls from bars.  My case is a good reason not to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SenorJorge said:

There's a disproportionate amount of Thais who flat don't like farang who live here longterm, or even in the short term.  Cops, government officials, doctors, amphur, I can go down the list.  I know that some of us have done things to deserve this reputation, but many of us have not.

Wow. What do you reckon the proportion is in your home country of locals who "flat don't like" migrants from completely dissimilar cultures?

3 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Wow. What do you reckon the proportion is in your home country of locals who "flat don't like" migrants from completely dissimilar cultures?

Actually the migrants around my city anyway have it pretty good.  People go out of their way to make people feel welcome. I'm close friends with lots of them.  I come from a migrant background myself.  I know it's not the case everywhere back home, but in my area it is, which happens to be the nation's capital.  You've always gotta play by others rules when you're away from home, though.  That's just how it is.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've found Thai government hospital really cheap, trouble is they don't seem all that competent.

They diagnosed me with BPH from just a chat and a urine test. No prostate exam, no real investigation at all.

I could have cancer or prostatitus, or they might be right with the BPH.

All a digital rectal exam does is show if the prostate is enlarged or tender.  The designation of bph vs other prostate ailments is done on a symptom based approach.  There's other reasons that can cause retention or a weak stream besides the prostate also.  The urology care in thailand seems to be lacking totally.  I think you'll have much better care in Delhi or London or in the states, to be fair.  From my research, Cleveland seems to be the best game in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

I don't know, I lived in London there are no locals, hardly ever hear people speaking English.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SenorJorge said:

I keep going in and out of acute urinary retention, running fevers, about to pass out.  I'm bedridden and feel close to death.  I'm scared.  And I didn't even run around with girls from bars.  My case is a good reason not to do so.

I never got to that stage, I noticed the problem (complete urinary retention) the moment it started, and the government hospital stuck a catheter in straight away. Have they not done that with you, the catheter isn't a lot of fun, no cycling, hiking or swimming, but I'm not in bed and no other symptoms are likely to appear. If I really want to go shopping, me and my Fisherman's pants can make it for an hour (or two).

Do you not monitor your own BP, HR and temperature so you can take antibiotics?

You really need to, as sepsis is the next stage, and you really don't want to progress to sepsis.

Edited by BritManToo

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never got to that stage, I noticed the problem (complete urinary retention) the moment it started, and the government hospital stuck a catheter in straight away. Have they not done that with you, the catheter isn't a lot of fun, no cycling, hiking or swimming, but I'm not in bed and no other symptoms are likely to appear. If I really want to go shopping, me and my Fisherman's pants can make it for an hour (or two).

Do you not monitor your own BP, HR and temperature so you can take antibiotics?

You really need to, as sepsis is the next stage, and you really don't want to progress to sepsis.

Yeah I have had foleys in three or four times actually, but not this year.  I've learned that foleys generally aggravate my prostate and to let gravity work it's own wonders on me.  I've had chronic prostatitis that has caused acute urinary retention several times actually.  This chronic prostatitis problem of mine has existed for at least four years.  But I think in January after the Mrs and I started being sexually active without protection, I had an acute flareup.  I went into acute urinary retention in early March.  I was already previously diagnosed with chronic prostatitis.  So they ran a urine culture which found mycoplasma and ureaplasma in my urine. Pathologist said these organisms are present in about 50 percent of people and not to worry.  After two weeks of doxycyline and one gram of zithro, it was out of my urine, but I suspect it's still in my prostate.  If the ureaplasma and mycoplasma get out of control, and your immune system can't keep them in check, you can develop prostatitis.  My bp, hr, and temp are generally normal.  I've had four std screenings since the initial one and they all came back normal.  I'm waiting on the prostate fluid sample to come back on Tuesday from bumrungrad.  This truly is a nightmare and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  The next step for me if bumrungrad can't find anything in the fluid is to go to Cleveland and let Dr. Shoskes look to see what my options are.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

After two weeks of doxycyline and one gram of zithro, it was out of my urine, but I suspect it's still in my prostate.

Levofloxacin is the recommended  antibiotic for prostate infections, it says so in all the medical papers.

Apparently it's one of the few that can penetrate the prostate.

I bought them over the counter in my local pharmacy, Vocin 500 @290bht for 10 tabs.

30 days treatment suggested for prostate problems so just under 900bht.

Edited by BritManToo