Prostatitis doctor in bangkok?

SenorJorge

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

Make sure you rule out hernias in the pelvic region, they can cause all kinds of problems in the pelvic area 

I have two huge hernias that were caused by straining due to cp cpps.   But the persistent urethritis is something else.  I'm getting my wife tested for trich next week.  That can be hard to detect as well, though.  I just got the first letter required for emergency travel to the usa.  We get the next one next week.  Then we book the emergency appointment at the embassy.  The doctor is ready in India to assist with my indian visa if this doesn't go through.  Still bedridden.  Still a mess.  Hoping to see Shoskes but we'll see.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Chronic postatitis can be described as a smouldering haystack. It can flare up

even when the fire appears to out.

Treatment must be long and prolonged...intensive for the first 4 months....and then 

a lighter regimen for the next 6 to 12 months. This wreaks a bit of havoc inside the gut

so must be supplemented by good probiotics. And discipline in terms of diet is key.

No alcohol, coffee, spicy stuff for sure....lots of water, natural cranberry and pumpkin

seeds. 

The current regimen should be Bactrim (trimethoprim sulfamethoxazole) 800mg twice a day

for two weeks. Followed by twice a day Ofloxacin 400mg, for two weeks. Repeat this cycle three

more times.

Then, if it hasn't gone completely, you need maintenance for 6-12 months.

I assume this regimen is for bacterial prostatitis confirmed by a positive urine test? It would seem overkill for non-bacterial prostatitis. I know there is an anti-inflammatory effect that some antibiotics seem to have (like Levofloxacin), but I have not heard of Bactrim being used for its ant-inflammatory effects.

Is this a regimen prescribed to you by a urologist or your own course of treatment?

2 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I have two huge hernias that were caused by straining due to cp cpps.   But the persistent urethritis is something else.  I'm getting my wife tested for trich next week.  That can be hard to detect as well, though.  I just got the first letter required for emergency travel to the usa.  We get the next one next week.  Then we book the emergency appointment at the embassy.  The doctor is ready in India to assist with my indian visa if this doesn't go through.  Still bedridden.  Still a mess.  Hoping to see Shoskes but we'll see.

So your getting surgery to fix the hernias right? 

10 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

All the doctor in India can do for you concerning a visa is acquiring a medical visa,hardly need one of those,tourist visa would be OK,6 month/2 visits,....medical visas are more expensive,but they last longer,is it 2 years?

Methinks this is no emergency,you have had this planned for some time,....which hospital George? can view the doctor/hospital with Facebook and google with any pluses or minuses    unlike Thailand very secretive regime

George,that blockage you keep referring to may well be at the end of your cock,suggested before local govt. hospital could fix it quickly   sub meatal stenosis   in fact a cotton wool bud dipped in iodine  would probably do

2 hours ago, oxysong said:

All the doctor in India can do for you concerning a visa is acquiring a medical visa,hardly need one of those,tourist visa would be OK,6 month/2 visits,....medical visas are more expensive,but they last longer,is it 2 years?

Methinks this is no emergency,you have had this planned for some time,....which hospital George? can view the doctor/hospital with Facebook and google with any pluses or minuses    unlike Thailand very secretive regime

George,that blockage you keep referring to may well be at the end of your cock,suggested before local govt. hospital could fix it quickly   sub meatal stenosis   in fact a cotton wool bud dipped in iodine  would probably do

No I was fine last month.  Some straining but ok.  I got on a plane to come back to thailand and everything went to hell.  It's getting worse every day.  Nobody in thailand can do a damn thing about it.  Saw the top prostate doc in bangkok.  Requirements for emergency travel to the us:  letters from two docs, one in thailand one in the usa.  Eligible for visitors visa.  Condition not able to be treated in thailand.  Require physical and emotional support from thai wife.  I have all that.  I do have an urgent need to  be seen by competent medical professionals where I have health insurance.  I can't get out of bed.  If the people at the embassy aren't cooperative then we will go to india.  I hope I won't have to do that though because my insurance isn't too good over there and I need medical help with this NOW.  Also.. As has been noted before, unrest is soon to hit the fan in delhi.  

5 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

Some straining but ok.  I got on a plane to come back to thailand and everything went to hell.

Funny but my complete blockage happened the day I landed in Thailand (only 2x 70 minute flights).

Maybe the pressure changes aggravate the condition.

Did you look into Kolcata? 2ish hours from Bangkok. Someone recommended it before. Goa is a lot further

4 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

That can be problematic in people with cp/cpps.  I'm going to wait to talk to my urologist about that.

Or maybe the hernia is causing your cp/cpps or causing some of the problems and if you fix it your symptoms will improve?  

Air cabin pressure absolutely messes with your prostate.  My advice is to stay the hell out of the bathroom on the plane because you'll never empty fully.  I'm going to stay on my sleeping meds the whole way over and only use the toilet two to three times on each flight.  Eight hour flight to Beijing and 16 hours or something to the usa.  Crazy.  I think I was in the toilet probably 40 times last time

1 hour ago, SenorJorge said:

No I was fine last month.  Some straining but ok.  I got on a plane to come back to thailand and everything went to hell.  It's getting worse every day.  Nobody in thailand can do a damn thing about it.  Saw the top prostate doc in bangkok.  Requirements for emergency travel to the us:  letters from two docs, one in thailand one in the usa.  Eligible for visitors visa.  Condition not able to be treated in thailand.  Require physical and emotional support from thai wife.  I have all that.  I do have an urgent need to  be seen by competent medical professionals where I have health insurance.  I can't get out of bed.  If the people at the embassy aren't cooperative then we will go to india.  I hope I won't have to do that though because my insurance isn't too good over there and I need medical help with this NOW.  Also.. As has been noted before, unrest is soon to hit the fan in delhi.  

I would not let the 'unrest' put you off,it will be very localised, if at all, Think the medical visa will allow a visitor too,at the end of the day George you need to get on the 'plane,just two hours away from the best medical treatment the world can produce      , book the best seats on it,its in your mind George,its all easy-peasy   and its far far cheaper than anywhere else...Thailand would not even be in the reckoning

4 hours ago, oxysong said:

Come on......that's silly. You can learn all about your surgeon before agreeing to their services.

1 minute ago, elektrified said:

Come on......that's silly. You can learn all about your surgeon before agreeing to their services.

From Sheryl no less, if you have a source,please reveal   Get locked up in Thailand for bad reviews  and there has been more than a few(hundred) in the past few years

Id just be careful about anything you say on the Internet regarding anything in thailand (or India).

It's scary enough to post things online about anything in america.. Which is supposedly totally free speech.  I've had things come back to bite me more than once.  And what I said wasn't even offensive, just critical.

2 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Or maybe the hernia is causing your cp/cpps or causing some of the problems and if you fix it your symptoms will improve?  

Yeah the guy I'm seeing in Cleveland wrote the bible on cpps so he should hopefully be able to diagnose that properly id hope.  I've thought the same thing

18 hours ago, elektrified said:

I assume this regimen is for bacterial prostatitis confirmed by a positive urine test? It would seem overkill for non-bacterial prostatitis. I know there is an anti-inflammatory effect that some antibiotics seem to have (like Levofloxacin), but I have not heard of Bactrim being used for its ant-inflammatory effects.

Is this a regimen prescribed to you by a urologist or your own course of treatment?

Good question....from what I know, there are two types of prostatitis: acute and chronic....

and chronic is the one that causes the most distress due to its lingering nature.

There is what is known as a 'blood-prostate barrier' which means that very few anti-bacterials

diffuse into the prostate from the blood stream....apart from Bactrim and the new generation of 

antibiotics known as quinolones (Oflox). Because of this bood prostate barrier, I suspect many

bacterial cases are dismissed as non-bacterial (my theory entirely).

The information I have provided is from the writings of the world renowned urologist Dr. Yosh

Taguchi MD from Montreal. It can be found on page 103 of his very helpful book....Private Parts....

a must read for those who use their private parts a lot. In Thailand that would constitute 99%

of the male populace, the other 1% being those who simply stay home and masturbate.

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Good question....from what I know, there are two types of prostatitis: acute and chronic....

and chronic is the one that causes the most distress due to its lingering nature.

There is what is known as a 'blood-prostate barrier' which means that very few anti-bacterials

diffuse into the prostate from the blood stream....apart from Bactrim and the new generation of 

antibiotics known as quinolones (Oflox). Because of this bood prostate barrier, I suspect many

bacterial cases are dismissed as non-bacterial (my theory entirely).

The information I have provided is from the writings of the world renowned urologist Dr. Yosh

Taguchi MD from Montreal. It can be found on page 103 of his very helpful book....Private Parts....

a must read for those who use their private parts a lot. In Thailand that would constitute 99%

of the male populace, the other 1% being those who simply stay home and masturbate.

I guess it depends.  Some people are here just because it's a little cheaper and/or they're looking or have found a quality woman.  Or trying to instill quality into the woman they've already got.  Not sure how I got off on this tangent.  True though.  

Just had my first urologist appointment, will be getting an MRI on my pelvis, bladder and prostate ! Hopefully I’ll find out what’s going on, doctor also mentioned Urethral Stricture ? Have you heard about that ? 

I decided to try a month of Flagyl since all of my urine and semen keeps coming back sterile.  I put the wife on it for a week as that should clear anything out of her that could be potentially making my urethra pissed off.  Flagyl for a month will bust the prostate and kill any organisms like trich that doxycyline and Bactrim ds won't touch.

Thanks for the update, Bono.  Let me recommend two tests here to you:  an ultrasound of the prostate and a retrograde urethrogram.  The first one will tell you the exact size of your prostate and the second one will tell you if you have a stricture or not.

I've had both.  They tested me in 2016 for a stricture but I had actually never had an std at that point.  Since then I've had and been successfully treated for MH and UU.  Doc says these organisms both can cause strictures so once I get our visas ready to leave thailand, I'll have the RU done.

Sorry about the late reply.  I've been meditating a lot and trying to pretend this horrible disease isn't there.  Or cope with it better.  Or whatever.

7 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I decided to try a month of Flagyl since all of my urine and semen keeps coming back sterile.  I put the wife on it for a week as that should clear anything out of her that could be potentially making my urethra pissed off.  Flagyl for a month will bust the prostate and kill any organisms like trich that doxycyline and Bactrim ds won't touch.

Thanks for the update, Bono.  Let me recommend two tests here to you:  an ultrasound of the prostate and a retrograde urethrogram.  The first one will tell you the exact size of your prostate and the second one will tell you if you have a stricture or not.

I've had both.  They tested me in 2016 for a stricture but I had actually never had an std at that point.  Since then I've had and been successfully treated for MH and UU.  Doc says these organisms both can cause strictures so once I get our visas ready to leave thailand, I'll have the RU done.

Sorry about the late reply.  I've been meditating a lot and trying to pretend this horrible disease isn't there.  Or cope with it better.  Or whatever.

Urology Doc wanted to stick a tube with a camera up my knob to check if I have Urethral Stricture, I declined for now, also declined antibiotics, I’ll see what the MRI shows if anything, if nothing shows then I’ll probably do the Urethral Stricture tube up the knob test. One step at a time. Sneezing makes things worse for me, hay fever season is coming soon, bad times. Learning to relax and meditate is a good idea. Keep fighting. 

4 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Urology Doc wanted to stick a tube with a camera up my knob to check if I have Urethral Stricture, I declined for now,

Why?

It's the best way to see what's going on and doesn't hurt.

MRI is an expensive waste of time and not that clear to see what's happening.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why?

It's the best way to see what's going on and doesn't hurt.

MRI is an expensive waste of time and not that clear to see what's happening.

I want to rule out a hernia, I’m getting this MRI done through the NHS in England so not paying for it, I had a nasty bicycle accident before my pelvic problems started so the MRI will also check my pelvic structure etc.. it’s not a useless scan. If clear then I’ll check for Urethral Stricture.

Just now, Bonobojt said:

I want to rule out a hernia, I’m getting this MRI done through the NHS in England so not paying for it, I had a nasty bicycle accident before my pelvic problems started so the MRI will also check my pelvic structure etc.. it’s not a useless scan. If clear then I’ll check for Urethral Stricture.

Fair enough, but a camera up the willy is the easiest way to spot urethra, strictures, prostate and bladder problems.

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Fair enough, but a camera up the willy is the easiest way to spot urethra, strictures, prostate and bladder problems.

Yes it’s something I should definitely do if MRI comes back normal, I don’t think my problem is prostate, I don’t have a golf ball feeling in my rectum, I read that you and the OPs flare up started after flying to Thailand, well I’ve never had a flare up after flying into Thailand, what causes flare ups for me is certain exercises, sneezing, edging too much when masturbating. My main symptom is discomfort in my left pubic region, i have tingling sensations on my Perineum and balls, I can sometimes have frequent and painful urination, mainly during flare ups though. On rare occasions I get a quick flash of sharp burning nerve pain in Urethra when walking or doing some physical activity, and pain in rectum when moving around at work, but physio therapy has helped with that. As mentioned I had a nasty bike accident, I’ve had pelvic trauma, then months later I had sex 3 times in 1 night with a bar girl in Pattaya and 1 day later bang my pelvic symptoms started and my life was ruined. I’m convinced the pelvic trauma from the bicycle fall is the cause but it could also be hernia or urethral Stricture, Suicidal thoughts like you have is an issue, mental health etc .. also but physio therapy has helped slightly with that a bit ... 

If you are having difficulty voiding or having problems with retention a ct scan of the prostate and the tube test you mentioned (RU) is the best way to diagnose the problem.  The mri is not a bad idea either considering the cycling injury.  If all else fails for about the same price most people sink into a month long excursion into thailand you can probably get feeling better at the pt place I mentioned.  I'm going to the us embassy with a one year thai visa, 400k baht in the thai bank, two doctors letters, photos of us in the house, and my 90 percent disability letter.  I hope they'll grant the visa so we can go to the doc in america where my insurance will pay for everything.  I really need to go now.  I also have an internal hemherroid the size of a ping pong ball.  I'm blocked on both fronts.  Horrible.

2 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

If you are having difficulty voiding or having problems with retention a ct scan of the prostate and the tube test you mentioned (RU) is the best way to diagnose the problem.  The mri is not a bad idea either considering the cycling injury.  If all else fails for about the same price most people sink into a month long excursion into thailand you can probably get feeling better at the pt place I mentioned.  I'm going to the us embassy with a one year thai visa, 400k baht in the thai bank, two doctors letters, photos of us in the house, and my 90 percent disability letter.  I hope they'll grant the visa so we can go to the doc in america where my insurance will pay for everything.  I really need to go now.  I also have an internal hemherroid the size of a ping pong ball.  I'm blocked on both fronts.  Horrible.

Urologist wouldn’t do a CT scan with me because he said 1 out of every 200 patients end up getting cancer from the high radiation levels from the scan, I can only get MRI on my pelvis, prostate and bladder.

well at least your not giving up, I hope your wife is supportive, a lot of guys in your position would of jumped off the balcony by now but it’s good your trying to fix this. 

I do eat turmeric everyday and high antioxidant foods, foods that have an anti inflammatory properties, dark leafy greens, sweet potatoes, ginger, turmeric, fruit etc .. not sure if it helps or not though. 

I have flights booked to go to Bangkok on July 12, hopefully I’ll get the MRI before I leave. I’ll try and enjoy myself and take my mind off this pelvic stuff and have fun with the ladies with no pain hopefully, I’ll have a PT session before I go. If good news for all of us I’ll drink a cold chang to celebrate. 

2 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

I have flights booked to go to Bangkok on July 12, hopefully I’ll get the MRI before I leave. I’ll try and enjoy myself and take my mind off this pelvic stuff and have fun with the ladies with no pain hopefully, I’ll have a PT session before I go. If good news for all of us I’ll drink a cold chang to celebrate. 

Yes, thanks to everyone participating in this thread and SJ for starting it.

I've gathered a lot of good tips from the rest of you guys, links, suggested medications, it's certainly helped me.

12 days without a catheter now and weeing fine with no torn tendons or other serious side effects.

Thoughts of surgery are receding.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, thanks to everyone participating in this thread and SJ for starting it.

I've gathered a lot of good tips from the rest of you guys, links, suggested medications, it's certainly helped me.

12 days without a catheter now and weeing fine with no torn tendons or other serious side effects.

Thoughts of surgery are receding.

As crazy as it sounds if you have bacterial prostate problems you're in the lucky category.  That's easily treatable.  I'm no longer certain I even have prostatitis.  I've been straining since 2014.  I got these infections this year.  The perineum and ano-rectal pain I have may be attributed to just internal hemherroid.  I think I will need to have some kind of surgery to "unblock" me, I'm just not sure what kind.  The main problem may not even be in my prostate it may be my urethra.  They can do something called a balloon catheter to unblock a stricture.  Not comfortable but it usually gets the job done.  I am just looking forward to seeing doctors back home.  This is not a good place to be stuck with these sort of issues.

Archived