Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 July 2019 02:07
SenorJorge

Prostatitis doctor in bangkok?

Recommended Posts

I look at it this way ,  you have a massively enlarged prostate,and that is trapping the piping to/from bladder Now that trapped urine is fermenting inside you (ever smelt stale piss)?    just that,its going rotten inside you causing no end of problems, yes fever,back aches,headaches whatever,eventually it has the means to kill you

  I asked the surgeon that fixed mine,kind of a queer question too,would enlarged prostate have been a major killer in past times?,was up there with the rest of them TB ,cancer ,diabetes etc was his answer,yes major killer, go get it fixed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, oxysong said:

I look at it this way ,  you have a massively enlarged prostate,and that is trapping the piping to/from bladder Now that trapped urine is fermenting inside you (ever smelt stale piss)?    just that,its going rotten inside you causing no end of problems, yes fever,back aches,headaches whatever,eventually it has the means to kill you

  I asked the surgeon that fixed mine,kind of a queer question too,would enlarged prostate have been a major killer in past times?,was up there with the rest of them TB ,cancer ,diabetes etc was his answer,yes major killer, go get it fixed

I'd imagine most people died back then before the prostate did them in.  Antibiotics do work but only about 60 percent of the time.  The tricky thing is to find the right one.  Most docs can't isolate the exact pathogen causing the problem so they can't get the right antibiotic ordered.  My prostate is only 5 x 3.7 x 3.  That .7 seems to press on my urethra, though.  And the persistent inflammation hurts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oxysong said:

you have a massively enlarged prostate,and that is trapping the piping to/from bladder Now that trapped urine is fermenting inside you (ever smelt stale piss)? 

You wouldn't believe how discoloured & bad my wee smelled before the catheter, after a week with the bag, it was clear and almost odourless. Just returned from an emergency trip to hospital this evening, catheter blocked, another 250bht down the drain getting it replaced.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you guys need to get it fixed ASAP...fun in the sun Goa is almost over  monsoon season on them June 12 or so,nothing like a load of heavy rain for months on end,so Id switch to Calcutta  nearer/cheaper  air flights too    Medifee.com  or other pricing sites,..urology hospitals,text/skype them,get price,search out on Facebook good hospitals and doctors,e visa   ,then go get it done.  Id say around 1000USD  or under is the price to go for   Ruby or Desun are good  but they all will be geared up to foreigner.   i work on 1/20 of the price there to here,govt hospitals cheap here ,but the waiting,  get everything done  bowel cancer,endoscopy,skin cancer check,heart echo stress test     drugs give away compared to Thailand     go for it     hotels cheap  but 3 day package price  may spread to 5 days if prostate has to be shaved a lot

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I'd imagine most people died back then before the prostate did them in.  Antibiotics do work but only about 60 percent of the time.  The tricky thing is to find the right one.  Most docs can't isolate the exact pathogen causing the problem so they can't get the right antibiotic ordered.  My prostate is only 5 x 3.7 x 3.  That .7 seems to press on my urethra, though.  And the persistent inflammation hurts.

You will never know either,problem is you do not know how much rotting piss you have in your body at any one time,and then the amount of antibiotic to administer,too much OK,it does the job,too little waste of time,then the time comes for you to take a piss,all the antibiotic is flushed out of your system,ready for the cycle to begin again,and again

   Indian hospital  Id try prostate instead of urology in search   try a few off those advertising sites,they will jack the prices up for sure.  Just get a list up of general hospitals there,Skype them ,ask them if they do prostate reduction.   I once put an accent on and told one my name was Ghandi,walked in,bit surprised  but held to price offered  All good fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 1:42 PM, BritManToo said:

I've found Thai government hospital really cheap, trouble is they don't seem all that competent.

They diagnosed me with BPH from just a chat and a urine test. No prostate exam, no real investigation at all.

I could have cancer or prostatitus, or they might be right with the BPH.

Why don't you head over to the CMU Sriphat Center on the Mae Jo Road (in the underground parking at Meechok Plaza) and get a PSA test for 600 Baht to ease your mind that you don't potentially have prostate cancer? Although to be honest you may not get an accurate reading while on the Levofloxacin. This medicine tends to lower your PSA considerably. So wait until you complete the antibiotics and give it a week or two and then take a PSA. Are you feeling better at all from the Levofloxacin?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, elektrified said:

Why don't you head over to the CMU Sriphat Center on the Mae Jo Road (in the underground parking at Meechok Plaza) and get a PSA test for 600 Baht to ease your mind that you don't potentially have prostate cancer? Although to be honest you may not get an accurate reading while on the Levofloxacin. This medicine tends to lower your PSA considerably. So wait until you complete the antibiotics and give it a week or two and then take a PSA. Are you feeling better at all from the Levofloxacin?

He won't really know until that catheter comes out.  It will relax everything.  Most docs don't put one in with prostatitis.  They think it's bph though.

 

I found out today that mine is (probably) nonbacterial.  The doc gave me three medicines I've already been on that were of no good.  He's a nice guy and at least he tested my fluid but he couldn't really help me much.  This is one of the most difficult things to do anything about though and I don't harbor any resentment towards him.  He tried.  I'm going to go back after a month of no antibiotics and ask for a second prostate fluid culture to confirm it's nonbacterial.

 

I'd recommend really anyone with prostatitis symptoms to head to the USA or one of the well known prostate docs in India.  Thailand is just not the best place to be in with this problem.  The only reason I'm hanging around is my wife has nowhere to go and our house was broken into a few days ago.  That and we just got married and Im not really safe to travel alone.  Just a terrible situation.  My urine is sterile and I'm not running fevers.  Not much I can do with this until I get out of here.

 

Wherever you go for treatment, if it's prostatitis and not bph, expect to hang around for at least 2-9 months.  They really HAVE to non-invasively investigate your illness and attempt to treat it before they hollow out or remove an organ in your body.  If they don't, it's just shallow quackery for money.  Not only that, but if you have bacterial prostatitis and they only remove the part of the prostate that is pushing against the urethra with a laser, you will still have pain.   Why?  Because most of the prostate is still in tact and it still harbors the infection and you will still have organ pain and referred pain to the penis, testicles, perineum, and anal cavity.  The only way to eliminate bacterial prostatitis surgically is with a true invasive turp where they hollow out the organ or prostatectomy.  Be careful out there.

Edited by SenorJorge
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

He won't really know until that catheter comes out.  It will relax everything.  Most docs don't put one in with prostatitis.  They think it's bph though.

 

I found out today that mine is (probably) nonbacterial.  The doc gave me three medicines I've already been on that were of no good.  He's a nice guy and at least he tested my fluid but he couldn't really help me much.  This is one of the most difficult things to do anything about though and I don't harbor any resentment towards him.  He tried.  I'm going to go back after a month of no antibiotics and ask for a second prostate fluid culture to confirm it's nonbacterial.

 

I'd recommend really anyone with prostatitis symptoms to head to the USA or one of the well known prostate docs in India.  Thailand is just not the best place to be in with this problem.  The only reason I'm hanging around is my wife has nowhere to go and our house was broken into a few days ago.  That and we just got married and Im not really safe to travel alone.  Just a terrible situation.  My urine is sterile and I'm not running fevers.  Not much I can do with this until I get out of here.

 

Wherever you go for treatment, if it's prostatitis and not bph, expect to hang around for at least 2-9 months.  They really HAVE to non-invasively investigate your illness and attempt to treat it before they hollow out or remove an organ in your body.  If they don't, it's just shallow quackery for money.  Not only that, but if you have bacterial prostatitis and they only remove the part of the prostate that is pushing against the urethra with a laser, you will still have pain.   Why?  Because most of the prostate is still in tact and it still harbors the infection and you will still have organ pain and referred pain to the penis, testicles, perineum, and anal cavity.  The only way to eliminate bacterial prostatitis surgically is with a true invasive turp where they hollow out the organ or prostatectomy.  Be careful out there.

If you’re issue is non bacterial. Do some research on Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, is can produce very similar symptoms  like prostatitis but it’s not that.  The prostate isn’t the issue, your pelvis is the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

If you’re issue is non bacterial. Do some research on Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, is can produce very similar symptoms  like prostatitis but it’s not that.  The prostate isn’t the issue, your pelvis is the issue. 

I have both.  My prostate is enlarged ( informed with imaging) and I have every prostatitis symptom.  There's such a thing as CP/CPPS chronic prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome which I've been diagnosed with several times by several different doctors.  I'm going to do both.  Get the prostate taken care of and head to physical therapy in California for the pelvic pain afterwards.  Right now I have a physical obstruction that needs to be dealt with in the first order.  Thanks.  We're leaving bkk and heading back to udon to work on the visas in laos in the next weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I have both.  My prostate is enlarged ( informed with imaging) and I have every prostatitis symptom.  There's such a thing as CP/CPPS chronic prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome which I've been diagnosed with several times by several different doctors.  I'm going to do both.  Get the prostate taken care of and head to physical therapy in California for the pelvic pain afterwards.  Right now I have a physical obstruction that needs to be dealt with in the first order.  Thanks.  We're leaving bkk and heading back to udon to work on the visas in laos in the next weeks.

Yes physical therapy is the only thing that helped reduce my symptoms, but it’s all about finding the right physical therapist that’s very very good, I believe there are pelvic floor physical therapists that specialise in treating this issue but I can’t find one near me. I wasted a lot of money on chiropractors and those kinds of people, be careful who you spend on your money on. Anyway good luck. Hope you cure this horrible issue. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

Yes physical therapy is the only thing that helped reduce my symptoms, but it’s all about finding the right physical therapist that’s very very good, I believe there are pelvic floor physical therapists that specialise in treating this issue but I can’t find one near me. I wasted a lot of money on chiropractors and those kinds of people, be careful who you spend on your money on. Anyway good luck. Hope you cure this horrible issue. 

Thanks man.  Well I am going to weis-anderson which is supposed to be the best in the USA if not the world.  It may be a good investment for you also.  Best of luck to you too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

Thanks man.  Well I am going to weis-anderson which is supposed to be the best in the USA if not the world.  It may be a good investment for you also.  Best of luck to you too.

I live in the UK so cannot do that, I have the NHS, that’s all I can hope for, next week I have a urologist appointment. Physical therapist can only do so much, we both agreed that there is something else going on that needs to be investigated, hopefully I’ll get a pelvic scan CT/MRI or something. But I’m worried the urologist will just go for the oh try this antibiotic for a month approach.. which I will refuse to do. I don’t have a wife or family. I’m single, so I have no reason to hang around if the urologist is a useless idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, elektrified said:

Why don't you head over to the CMU Sriphat Center on the Mae Jo Road (in the underground parking at Meechok Plaza) and get a PSA test for 600 Baht to ease your mind that you don't potentially have prostate cancer? Although to be honest you may not get an accurate reading while on the Levofloxacin. This medicine tends to lower your PSA considerably. So wait until you complete the antibiotics and give it a week or two and then take a PSA. Are you feeling better at all from the Levofloxacin?

Results of my PSA test (blood taken before I started Levofloxacin)  given to me last Monday (two days ago) = 2 (Normal)

That was when I had the catheter removed (they didn't want to, I insisted). Back to normal for the last two days now.

Look like your Levofloxacin suggestion worked, talked to the doctor about it, and he absolutely said no, don't take it.

I've been on it for 10 days now, guess I'll take it for another 20 days as advised for prostate problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I'm going to go back after a month of no antibiotics and ask for a second prostate fluid culture to confirm it's nonbacterial.

I've read many published medical papers, mostly they say bacteria in the prostate may be undetectable, or there is a possibility that the infection is fungal resulting in a negative test. 

eletrified suggester Levofloxacin to me, and it seems to have worked (sold as Vocin 500 @ 290bht/10 tabs from your local Thai pharmacy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for you George  Senor that is,really am.  ,but Id try the Indian option before flying to the USA,the doctors/surgeon's there are extremely good,looked at list here at your nearest point to India Calcutta,they are good,reputation means everything to those guys,they get sacked and kicked out on their hospitals if they foul up,here in Thailand they just promote them.  Consultation about 500 baht  cheap flights,you could have been there and back,treatment delivered for the time this threads been running...  Stay away from chain hospitals  Apollo,Fortis,RG Stone,they are expensive,  not as this lot tho,but the independent hospitals are just as good,opt for ward if deciding on treatment ..they will never put you in one anyway,but save money    If suspected cataracts try one of those eye hospitals there,everything as good if not better than Ruthin and far far cheaper      Anyway hate to see that suffering,it will be damaging your kidneys too

belle vue.htm Prostate Gland Operation, Prostate Laser Surgery In Kolkata - View Cost, Book Appointment Online Practo.htm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...