Family in shock after Thai masseuse killed over money dispute

webfact

Family in shock after masseuse killed over money dispute

By WIJIT CHUNHAKIJKACHORN 
THE NATION 

cas.jpg

FILE photo

A Thai masseuse was killed and dismembered in Portugal last month reportedly over a dispute over her 10,000 euros (Bt357,000) investment in a massage parlour there.

The killer is suspected to be her closest friend, Sangam Sawaiprkhon. Sangam’s husband, who is reportedly from Pakistan but has already got Thai nationality, is suspected to be the alleged accomplice.

Except the head, most of victim Natchaya Jenrob’s parts have still not been found. 

Natchaya’s father reportedly died of heartbreak-related conditions after hearing of his daughter’s brutal death. 

Her head was found on a beach in Portugal on March 7 but it took time for the authorities to link it to her as no one came forward to identify her. No one reported that Natchaya had gone missing either. 

This was because Natchaya lived and worked with Sangam. 

The two friends had a bitter fight in on March 7 when Natchaya demanded that Sangam return her 10,000 euros. Natchaya reportedly wanted to set up her own massage parlour with that money.

The dispute reportedly got out of hand and Sangam allegedly killed Natchaya and dismembered her body. She then assigned her husband to dispose of the body parts. 

“She should have not died such an untimely death,” Natchaya’s 76-year-old mother, Soei Jenrob, sobbed from her home in Surin province yesterday. 

Natchaya’s elder sister, Somwang Wongsri, said her family did not have the money to bring Natchaya’s body parts back for a funeral. 

“We hope the authorities will be able to help us,” she said. 

She said Natchaya used to always wire Bt6,000 to Bt7,000 to her parents every month to support them. Natchaya’s elder brother, Thanin Kongkraphan, said he hoped the authorities would also take the harshest action against his sister’s killer. 

Sources said Sangam had admitted to killing Natchaya. The suspect, however, insisted that her husband was not involved in the murder but only helped her dispose of the body. According to some sources, her husband fled to Thailand after the crime took place. 

Pol Maj-General Pananchai Chuenjaitham, a senior official at the Immigration Bureau, however denied reports that the Pakistani suspect was already in custody. 

“At present, we are investigating the claims that the suspect has come to Thailand,” he said.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30368073

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-22

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sources said Sangam had admitted to killing Natchaya. The suspect, however, insisted that her husband was not involved in the murder but only helped her dispose of the body.

If he helped dispose of the body, he WAS involved! 

Typcial idiotic response that would work in Thailand but not anywhere where actual adults run the society. 

Next, she'll be asking why she can't avoid punishment because, well, something or someone made her angry. Or, maybe she'll be forced to ask the Portuguese if they who her father is. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Natchaya’s elder sister, Somwang Wongsri, said her family did not have the money to bring Natchaya’s body parts back for a funeral. 

“We hope the authorities will be able to help us,” she said. 

Ste up a GoFundMe page. It seems to work for Europeans in Thailand so why not the other way.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Masseuse. Nice way to put it if you get my drift!

Not always true. I know a Thai National in Canada who gives Thai massage, owns her own shop and is as upstanding as they come. Doesn't refer to herself as masseuse (therapist I think) but that is just semantics.

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

Not always true. I know a Thai National in Canada who gives Thai massage, owns her own shop and is as upstanding as they come. Doesn't refer to herself as masseuse (therapist I think) but that is just semantics.

Yeah but head cutting from a legit business doesn't really ever come into contention. But then again the Thai women's husband was from Pakistan and that leaves a bit for thought if they didn't stone her to death. So who knows. 

8 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah but head cutting from a legit business doesn't really ever come into contention. But then again the Thai women's husband was from Pakistan and that leaves a bit for thought if they didn't stone her to death. So who knows. 

Maybe not but greed can prevail in any business and prompt drastic measures.

(sometimes I feel like killing my business partner, because of stupidity, not greed)

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Unusual that no ages were mentioned.

Very sad, most lightly a "dream come true" when she got the opportunity to go to Europe to improve her family's and her own circumstances in life.

Have you ever been to these Thai massage shops in Europe? It is hardly a dream come true by ANY way you look at it. In business like that the criminal association couldn't be more obvious.

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

Maybe not but greed can prevail in any business and prompt drastic measures.

(sometimes I feel like killing my business partner, because of stupidity, not greed)

Yeah who knows. Perhaps they were losing a worker and the capital she put into it. But in anycourse 10k EU is a sum of money in moist people's language. 

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

But in anycourse 10k EU is a sum of money in moist people's language. 

Chump change. Can't even buy a decent car. Not worth killing someone over? 

More to this.....?

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Uhh-Errr -Umm, you don't really get a massage there? 

There's plenty set up in Australia and the UK and run good business practices. 

And charge around £60 / hour.

Several have a disclaimer printed on the sign, saying,  "Please don't embarrass yourself by asking for additional services".

Strictly massage.

Not the 100 baht/hr to get you in the door, like many in Pattaya. 

Then,  "Up to you".

5 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Several have a disclaimer printed on the sign, saying,  "Please don't embarrass yourself by asking for additional services".

Strictly massage.

Then,  "Up to you".

Yes but above board massage businesses don't resort to murder for the most part unless something seedy was going on. Above board are more than honest in most respect being people.  .

9 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Strictly massage.

Then,  "Up to you".

There is a difference between a massage therapist and a masseuse. Thats the point.  The massage therapist provides an actual massage where the massuese provides extra services. 

6 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Strictly massage.

Then,  "Up to you".

And do they have many customers? Sounds just like the "thai massage" all over Europe, very discreet, never a customer in sight.

I guess the key question here is what kind of massage does one get there? Do they display their degrees/licenses on the wall etc?

12 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes but above board massage businesses don't resort to murder for the most part unless something seedy was going on. Above board are more than honest in most respect being people.  .

It had nothing to do with what 'was going on'. She wanted her investment money back to begin her own business, I can imagine that caused a bit of friction, but you don't usually murder someone over it. Unless you're Thai, of course, when money is king and so often more important than life itself.

3 hours ago, fullcave said:

Hmm  How does a Pakistani get Thai nationality? 

They're very easy to purchase. However, they cost about 500,000 baht. So it's odd that someone that has the money to afford to buy Thai citizenship would be squabbling over such a meager amount of money: 357,000 baht. Jesus, what crumbs these people are fighting and killing each other over. Thailand is the least competitive country I've ever lived in which makes it the easiest place to make money that I've ever lived in. And I don't have Thai citizenship. You have 10 million wealthy Chinese tourists that are dropping $50k USD on stem cell ( per treatment ). And that's just the Chinese. The Saudis like to spend even more in Thailand. If you don't know how to make money from the very amazing dynamic that is in Thailand ( a super cheap country with absurdly rich tourists ) ... then I'm not sure what to say. People just give you buckets of money in this country for being white, it's crazy.

Archived