Family in shock after Thai masseuse killed over money dispute

webfact

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

Get off your backside and apply, instead of complaining about others. It is not rocket science and not that difficult. 

Up to a few years ago, the number of Farangs obtaining Thai citizenship, was on average 5 per year. The number of Asians was far greater, but still not all that many. Personally having lived in Thailand for 20yrs, I only met one farang, who had actually obtained Thai citizenship. I cannot remember how long his application proceedure took him, but I do remember he contributed a large amount of money to the local community. You yourself, if I’m guessing correctly, are one of the few, who has actually obtained a Thai passport.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Thomas Lodi said:

They're very easy to purchase. However, they cost about 500,000 baht. So it's odd that someone that has the money to afford to buy Thai citizenship would be squabbling over such a meager amount of money: 357,000 baht. Jesus, what crumbs these people are fighting and killing each other over. Thailand is the least competitive country I've ever lived in which makes it the easiest place to make money that I've ever lived in. And I don't have Thai citizenship. You have 10 million wealthy Chinese tourists that are dropping $50k USD on stem cell ( per treatment ). And that's just the Chinese. The Saudis like to spend even more in Thailand. If you don't know how to make money from the very amazing dynamic that is in Thailand ( a super cheap country with absurdly rich tourists ) ... then I'm not sure what to say. People just give you buckets of money in this country for being white, it's crazy.

hmmm, please elaborate?

Im pretty much sure I checked out the medical tourism agent idea and found it would most likely be in breach of the labor laws since it would likely be classed under 'tour guide or conductor' as a profession reserves for Thais.

11 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Strange how they become shocked by one of theirs being allegedly killed overseas. 

But it's an everyday occurrence in Thailand for a farang to die, and usually attributed to suicide. 

What's so strange about it, do you think that the families of the farangs that you refer to who are killed here aren't shocked?

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes but above board massage businesses don't resort to murder for the most part unless something seedy was going on. Above board are more than honest in most respect being people.  .

The seedy ones (who are people also) don't resort to murder either, it's just this one woman that did.

11 hours ago, brian2f2f said:

There is a difference between a massage therapist and a masseuse. Thats the point.  The massage therapist provides an actual massage where the massuese provides extra services. 

There could be a difference but there's just as likely not to be one. There's plenty of traditional Thai masseuses, the word "masseuse" doesn't make them a prostitute!

7 hours ago, justin case said:

so pakistani gets thai nationality and we living, working, with family, we have to do the yearly begging tour ?????????

There's nothing to stop you and your family applying for Thai nationality either, it's open to anyone.

15 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Masseuse. Nice way to put it if you get my drift!

Why are you making such statements when it comes to a Thai woman who was trying to better herself and help her family. You disgust me for disparaging this woman.

13 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Thais and money. 

It all doesn't come across as very Buddhist. Does it.

No, the Catholics do money much better. 

I am just finishing of my chocolate eggs. Because that’s what Jesus taught us. 

And planning xmas presents.

Married to a Pakistani, could have been one of the hundreds of thousands of Muslim Thais. 

But let’s use this case to slag of Thais not being Buddhist enough.

11 hours ago, justin case said:

so pakistani gets thai nationality and we living, working, with family, we have to do the yearly begging tour ?????????

Why do you feel superior to a Pakistani? 

have you even even applied for nationality? The Pakistani did.

What begging tour do we have to do?

15 hours ago, sambum said:

"The suspect, however, insisted that her husband was not involved in the murder but only helped her dispose of the body."

"Typcial idiotic response" from yourself if you can't realise that someone who commits a murder will (should?) get a harsher sentence than someone helping to dispose of the body! (However, I personally feel that cutting a body up into pieces and then disposing of them is just as bad and gruesome a crime as the actual murder itself, but I don't make the laws)

P.S. Reminded me of "The Cleaner" in "Pulp Fiction" image.jpeg.6a9c440c9cf4986bdb9b95509f97eb88.jpeg

Cheers 

12 hours ago, nontabury said:

Up to a few years ago, the number of Farangs obtaining Thai citizenship, was on average 5 per year. The number of Asians was far greater, but still not all that many. Personally having lived in Thailand for 20yrs, I only met one farang, who had actually obtained Thai citizenship. I cannot remember how long his application proceedure took him, but I do remember he contributed a large amount of money to the local community. You yourself, if I’m guessing correctly, are one of the few, who has actually obtained a Thai passport.

There has always been a much larger number of Asians applying for citizenship and the number of females applying is much higher than males. But that is to be expected being in the proximity of China, Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia, etc. and even India. Prior to 2008 foreign men had to rely on getting Permanent Residency before applying for citizenship, whereas foreign women could apply based on marriage to a Thai (no need to apply for PR).  However, in 2008 the law changed and foreign men could apply for citizenship based on marriage to Thai women without the need for PR (but must meet the other requirements). For obvious reasons, the authorities did not go out of their way to announce these changes. 

It should also be noted that many applying for PR are happy with that and have no desire to apply for citizenship. They are happy with the benefits of PR (don't ask me what they are as I never applied for PR).  It is a personal choice issue.   

On 4/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, neeray said:

(sometimes I feel like killing my business partner

WOW! WOW! WOW!  This is something dangerous to have in 'Print' and out in 'public view'...........

"Open mouth....... Insert foot"    LOL

On 4/22/2019 at 2:53 PM, sambum said:

someone who commits a murder will (should?) get a harsher sentence than someone helping to dispose of the body! (However, I personally feel that cutting a body up into pieces and then disposing of them is just as bad and gruesome a crime as the actual murder itself, but I don't make the laws)

It depends - in some legal systems (including those working under Common Law) an accessory is considered just as guilty as the person who committed the crime, and subject to the same penalties, however it is the case that in many jurisdictions, separate and lesser punishments are applied.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:03 AM, dcnx said:

You’re perfect for Thailand.

They are gonna love you.

They've been loving me for 30 years, lucky sods. Especially the masseuses here on the darkside. 

On 4/22/2019 at 11:10 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

you don't usually murder someone over it. Unless you're Thai, of course, when money is king and so often more important than life itself.

Thais usually murder people who owe them money? In your dreams. I don't see how the country isn't emptied out already. 

On 4/22/2019 at 3:49 AM, Fex Bluse said:

If he helped dispose of the body, he WAS involved! 

No. "Accessory after the fact" isn't involvement in the act itself and so is recognized in law as a different crime. He may also be charged with "dismemberment of a corpse."  

Typcial idiotic response that would work in Thailand but not anywhere where actual adults run the society. 

Typical idiotic Thai-bashing post that works well on TVF. Hence

On 4/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, Chris Lawrence said:

Correct.

Next, she'll be asking why she can't avoid punishment because, well, something or someone made her angry. 

"Crime of passion" could be a legitimate defense if prosecutors can't show premeditation. If she'd been as dishonest as you want to believe, then she'd have tried to blame everything on the Pakistani. Hence she's defied the usual narrative here, sorry. 

On 4/23/2019 at 3:07 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

It depends - in some legal systems (including those working under Common Law) an accessory is considered just as guilty as the person who committed the crime, and subject to the same penalties, however it is the case that in many jurisdictions, separate and lesser punishments are applied.

You may be mistaking accomplice with accessory after the fact, who isn't "just as guilty" of the same crime as the principal, in the Western world at least. Punishment all depends on the degree of facilitation. Accessory before the fact gets hit with conspiracy as well. 

5 hours ago, JSixpack said:

No. "Accessory after the fact" isn't involvement in the act itself and so is recognized in law as a different crime. He may also be charged with "dismemberment of a corpse."

If you think she meant "involved" in a legal sense and not in a generic sense, then maybe Thailand has millions of these women - untapped global legal potential. ????

15 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

If you think she meant "involved" in a legal sense and not in a generic sense

Nothing to think about. She admitted to the police that she alone committed the murder. The Pakistani was “not involved” in the murder, period, without qualification of any “sense.” That is, in every “sense” there is, most importantly the “true” sense.

“Generic sense” isn’t a sense, BTW, just something you made up. I love this forum.

, then maybe Thailand has millions of these women - untapped global legal potential. ????

She was referring to the Pakistani. What crime did she commit by identifying him as an accessory? None. In fact, she's been cooperative w/ law enforcement. So she needs no lawyer for any defense on that account. Therefore, neither do "millions" of Thai women you imagine have committed that non-crime of identifying accessories in the millions of murders you imagine they've committed without being detected.

Just more confused nonsense in the quest for bashing at all costs. 

Archived