Heat triggers record electricity consumption By The Nation

webfact

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why has there been no investment in solar power?  Lots of panels all over Vietnam.  Friends are selling excess solar power back to the National Grid - IN UK!

Solar power in Thailand is targeted to reach 6,000 MW by 2036. In 2013 installed photovoltaic capacity nearly doubled and reached 704 MW by the end of the year. At the end of 2015, with a total capacity of 2,500-2,800 MW, Thailand has more solar power capacity than all the rest of Southeast Asia combined.

11 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:
Solar power in Thailand is targeted to reach 6,000 MW by 2036. In 2013 installed photovoltaic capacity nearly doubled and reached 704 MW by the end of the year. At the end of 2015, with a total capacity of 2,500-2,800 MW, Thailand has more solar power capacity than all the rest of Southeast Asia combined.

Problem here is you are using Wikipedia as a reliable source? whenever I see "Wiki" mentioned I have to wonder if it is even vaguely true?

Any other more reliable source available? 

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

Problem here is you are using Wikipedia as a reliable source? whenever I see "Wiki" mentioned I have to wonder if it is even vaguely true?

Any other more reliable source available? 

Worked with these folks briefly, and they repeated the same information - that Thailand leads SEA in solar power:

http://www.symbiorsolar.com/

15 minutes ago, timendres said:

Worked with these folks briefly, and they repeated the same information - that Thailand leads SEA in solar power:

http://www.symbiorsolar.com/

I would love to have a house powered by solar, when I built the house I am in now, I built in a space for solar panels, it is still empty as the numbers just don't add up - yet? Hopefully they do soon else I won't be around to enjoy! ???? 

Be a nice feeling to run AC when it is warm during the day and know that it was powered by the same source that was creating the heat in the first place.

just paid the units bill 5200 bath.

Never had that one before above 1200 units.....electricity, aircon necessary for all people with a breathing and/or heart condition!! (AND it's school's out vacation ...kids have their own room and now how to turn on their aircon as well....no power supply disruptions in NK

8 hours ago, Dek Somboon said:

BREAKING NEWS: https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/1648284/energy-regulatory-commission-eyes-b40bn-from-solar-power-projects

Actually from last month, but I made a note in my agenda for May 1st. Shall we start a separate thread, so that interested TVF members can read about it, discuss it and apply?

I don't think that our roof could support the weight of even a few solar panels.  Everytime the wind blows more than 5 or 10 kph it seems as though my roof is about to blow off with all the corrugated roofing panels flapping up and down in the breeze.  Home construction here is quite peculiar.  

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

A country that runs ACs but doesn't have double glazed windows or insulation in the walls. Waste of energy.

Thai people just haven't learnt about energy conservation; especially when you go into 7, & see the sea (:laugh:) of fluorescent tubes on the ceiling!

However, when he decides - you know who I mean - it'll all be fixed in a week.

:crazy:

Archived