Japanese investors to raise funds in Thailand

webfact

Japanese investors to raise funds in Thailand

a5e2d437a157416a4a20ee777e5c8270_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 22 April 2019 (NNT) - Foreign investors are still confident of Thailand’s economic prospects, with the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) expressing its interest in investing in hybrid vehicle production in Thailand’s Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC), thanks to the Thai government’s clear investment promotion policy.

The President of JETRO Bangkok, Hiroki Mitsumata, said today that Japanese investors are still confident in the Thai economy despite the current period of political transition.

He said investors are especially interested in hybrid vehicle production in the EEC because the Thai government has a clear policy of promoting industries that focus on new technologies and innovations.

The JETRO Bangkok President said trade and investment in both countries will continue to grow from the previous year.

According to studies by JETRO Bangkok, more than 5,400 Japanese companies in the automotive industry and other sectors have already established their businesses in Thailand.

Now, investors from Japan plan to raise funds in Thailand to pursue tourism initiatives. About 73,000 Japanese nationals reside in Thailand, and about 53,000 of them live in Bangkok.

These figures show that Thailand is one of the top destinations in Asia for Japanese people. In 2007, there were only 745 Japanese restaurants in Thailand. Last year, the number rose to more than 3,000.

To celebrate the 131st anniversary of Thailand-Japan diplomatic relations this year, JETRO Bangkok together with the Embassy of Japan in Thailand, the private sectors of both countries will organize an event entitled Sakura Matsuri, featuring more than 100 cherry blossom trees and authentic Japanese food.

The event will be held at the EmQuartier shopping mall and the Helix Quarter in Bangkok from April 26 to 28.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-04-22

1 hour ago, madmen said:

But I keep reading from anonymous bar stool boys that the economy here is in the toilet'

Who is right the japs with there billions or harry the hump posting in his underwear?

is that you alex.j self annointed protector of juntaland

looks like the japanese are trying to protect their 40 -50 years  huge investments on this land, as well as mentioning the large contingent of long term stayers, well done japan, lets start on the front foot against the attack on this nationalism anti-foreigners and pro-chinese,and the junta media's everythings rosy articles, buy buy buy, invest invest invest

4 hours ago, madmen said:

But I keep reading from anonymous bar stool boys that the economy here is in the toilet'

Who is right the japs with there billions or harry the hump posting in his underwear?

I read a lot here on TVF and I'm usually lazy to comment. But I always notice you and like 2 or three other commenters are always asking this weird question that's mocking those who say the economy in thailand now is bad.

You're obviously not invested here in any business, so I'm guessing with your usually childish troll post, you're like a student who's dependent on someone else or you're possibly one of those who've loaned 800k for half a year to Thai Banks or maybe worst you've given 500k Baht for a 5 year elite tourist visa and you're hoping/being optimistic that the economy is swinging in right direction and your investment was/is a smart one. Or maybe you're a paid troll - and I'd be very impressed if the government of the day here is paying people to troll and shill here on TVF.

Question is - Who are you??? You trolling other posters who are complaining about how battered the economy is, WILL not improve the economy or change any facts, so what's the deal with you?

Saying the Thai economy is now is bad is a compliment because in real terms it's actually starting to sh*t the bed. 7 or 8 years of knee-jerk economic and anti-people policies by the previous and this government is now heavily starting to take a toll on the economy. Chickens are now coming home to roast.

Your own version of reality does NOT change reality in itself. 

Next time I see your troll post I'll give you figures/numbers so you can see how bad it's gotten.

11 hours ago, humbug said:

looks like the japanese are trying to protect their 40 -50 years  huge investments on this land

Just from January 2014 through 2018 Japanese companies has made the highest total annual foreign direct investments than any other country, anywhere from 2x-10x the amounts in comparison such as with China, France, Germany, Hong Kong and Singapore.

http://www2.bot.or.th/statistics/ReportPage.aspx?reportID=654&language=eng

China's history of FDI in Thailand has been astonishingly low given its long term friendship with Thailand. It has during the Prayut regime rejected offers of joint ventures, choosing instead to mostly loan funds to the government.

I think once having conquered Thailand, Japan may feel a symbiotic relationship towards Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived