UK PM Theresa May to be told to quit by top Conservative: Sunday Times

webfact

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

The only solution is to let the sole stable genius that remains in the world, Donnie Trumpy run the UK as well :There is no one in Britain that matches his IQ and big hands-on approach:He grabs problems firmly wherever they have to be grabbed and takes them quickly to wherever they have to be taken. 

The new British Prime Minister :Donald J Trump 

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What poor little lives you live if that’s the most important issue for you since the UK started voting. 

Certainly one of the most important. Try to grow up a bit.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We get it. your a europhile or even European. The system in place is not what your presenting, isn't in place and wasn't in place at the referendum so what your point. We wish you luck with Hungary and Turkey they will contribute a lot, I am sure.

Just ask the French, the Danes and the Irish. All tried to leave but failed. I fear there is no way out once you are in. That's why so many of us never wanted to join the EEC in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes that's the system and has worked for 400 plus years. Maybe it needs an overhaul but that's what was present when people voted. you can't change the rules as you go along, unless you are the EU. its a democracy different from what yours is. We want to go. Let us. Don't ask for our money and let us leave. Sadly the 5 un-elected presidents won't allow it.

Yes, in 400 + years… nobody could imagine something better….

And.. EU rules can ONLY change, if all members agree = the British PM too.

Let the British go ? Please… for me, the day after the referendum.

But tell the rest of the world, and especially the EU.. where you want the border between the EU and the UK... And what the UK promised and signed for at Good Friday... the hack...

That little contribution of the UK to the EU obligations they voted for themselves: better we had cut that next day after the referendum. Pity for Nigal c.s., who would have lost is EU pension then…. and a lot of British projects.

And.. 5 un-elected presidents ? ? ?  No, not in a constituency to be the one with the most votes, but better as the for life appointed members of the House of Lords

·         European Parliament – with a president elected by the Eur Parliament, inclusive 75 British

·         Council of the EU, with a president elected by the 28 ( soon 27 !) EU member states prime ministers, like Cameron and May)

·         European Commission – with a president nominated by the European Council and formally elected by the European Parliament, for a five-year term.  Each EU member state has a commission member, for the British commissioner Julian King, appointed by the elected British prime minister ( who of course.. must be the one with the most voters in his/her constituency. How that person is for the rest of the UK... thanks to a Medieval election system, of no importance

UK net contribution to the EU.png

1 minute ago, Thingamabob said:

Just ask the French, the Danes and the Irish. All tried to leave but failed. I fear there is no way out once you are in. That's why so many of us never wanted to join the EEC in the first place.

Yes you are right. I believe the British have a little more gumption in them. What a great club it is when you are forced and cajoled into remaining. That alone should be enough to say we are out of here. A closed shop of the highest order in the name of democracy and progress. You coukldn'y make it up and the Europhiles try and justify it.

I hope I don't hear "its not perfect so we should try and change it from within". Please. Its been tried to death and the only way the EU will stop when it has been crushed and seen for what it is.

Just now, puipuitom said:

Yes, in 400 + years… nobody could imagine something better….

And.. EU rules can ONLY change, if all members agree = the British PM too.

Let the British go ? Please… for me, the day after the referendum.

But tell the rest of the world, and especially the EU.. where you want the border between the EU and the UK... And what the UK promised and signed for at Good Friday... the hack...

That little contribution of the UK to the EU obligations they voted for themselves: better we had cut that next day after the referendum. Pity for Nigal c.s., who would have lost is EU pension then…. and a lot of British projects.

And.. 5 un-elected presidents ? ? ?  No, not in a constituency to be the one with the most votes, but better as the for life appointed members of the House of Lords

·         European Parliament – with a president elected by the Eur Parliament, inclusive 75 British

·         Council of the EU, with a president elected by the 28 ( soon 27 !) EU member states prime ministers, like Cameron and May)

·         European Commission – with a president nominated by the European Council and formally elected by the European Parliament, for a five-year term.  Each EU member state has a commission member, for the British commissioner Julian King, appointed by the elected British prime minister ( who of course.. must be the one with the most voters in his/her constituency. How that person is for the rest of the UK... thanks to a Medieval election system, of no importance

UK net contribution to the EU.png

So Europhile let us go and stop trying to justify why we should stay in. We voted leave. Accept it.

14 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

ONLY Marie le Pen's party tells, they want to leave the EU. But the mayority of the French... never. Danes as well as the Irish to exit ? Till me. As far as I knwo only the English want to commit commercial suicide.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-elections-2019/news/french-people-convinced-by-eu-but-poorly-motivated-to-vote/  

According to a survey published on 17 October 2018, 64% of the French people surveyed said they believed the EU benefits the country and 61% saw belonging to this community as a “good thing”.

The figures for across the 28 member states are similar, at 68% and 62% on average, respectively, according to the study of 27,000 Europeans aged 16 and over. Such high levels had not been recorded since the Maastricht treaty was adopted in 1992.

Maybe not enough published in English, as THAT is the mostly ONLY language a Brit understands..

You know: when you know 2 language, you are bilingual

with 3, you are triple-lingual

4 .. you are a genious

1 language.. you are British.,..

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So Europhile let us go and stop trying to justify why we should stay in. We voted leave. Accept it.

Go... today, of better one dat=y after the referendum.

Tell us also, where you want the border betweeen the UK and EU. Till now, nothing….

25 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We get it. your a europhile or even European. The system in place is not what your presenting, isn't in place and wasn't in place at the referendum so what your point. We wish you luck with Hungary and Turkey they will contribute a lot, I am sure.

I do not believe Erdoganistan will have even a beginning of a chance to enter the EU.

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

There is a current large contingent of Tory MP's and party members who have no respect for the British constitution ...

Although not entirely disagreeing with your sentiments here in this post, the UK doesn't have a codified constitution like other countries do ... just legal documents in lieu of one, so really, as long as you have the stable rule of law you don't need one. When people talk of the British constitution then they are usually referring to historical documents and important laws like the Acts of the Union. As for TM, she should step aside and let a Brexiteer PM carry on to either a stunning success or a woeful ruin, as she doesn't believe in what's happening and has made it so that no-one will be happy with her half-way house solution.   

1 minute ago, puipuitom said:

Go... today, of better one dat=y after the referendum.

Tell us also, where you want the border betweeen the UK and EU. Till now, nothing….

It should have been the day after the referendum. As for borders we have a great big sea that conveniently gives us a natural border. If you want our fish of course. You can buy them. I am not against our European cousins just the corrupt entity called the EU. Sadly most of our EU countries do not realise they are getting well and truly shafted.

4 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

I do not believe Erdoganistan will have even a beginning of a chance to enter the EU.

It was your graph that mentioned him well Turkey. Who knows. I wouldn't want that in any organisation but the EU are playing with fire with him.

The EU's federalisation of Europe anything is possible. Look at the countries that are now in the EU! More than half shouldn't be in there IMHO.

20 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It should have been the day after the referendum. As for borders we have a great big sea that conveniently gives us a natural border. If you want our fish of course. You can buy them. I am not against our European cousins just the corrupt entity called the EU. Sadly most of our EU countries do not realise they are getting well and truly shafted.

So, how is the border between N and S Ireland ? This is an outer EU border or.. open border or... Swiss cheese border with many holes in it or ? ?

British fish is processed for a big part in Netherlands, to be sold in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/24/hard-brexit-would-mean-more-and-cheaper-british-fish-but-theres-a-catch  

Two-thirds of the fish UK consumers eat are imported from overseas, and the costs of those would rise, due to the trade barriers resulting from a hard Brexit. Moreover, the fall in the price of UK fish would lead to a drop in earnings for UK fishermen. Overall, the analysis shows closing the UK’s sea borders would be a “lose-lose situation” for both UK and EU consumers and fishing industries.

Just weeks, and .. you are stuck with it. Together with all chicken, beef, pork, sheep, mouton, see http://www.uecbv.eu/UECBV/documents/BrexitMeatreport12373.pdfhttps://www.farminguk.com/News/British-meat-exports-to-EU-set-to-fall-by-90-in-hard-Brexit-scenario-report-warns_48014.html  and foods, see  https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/30/food-prices-to-finance-what-a-no-deal-brexit-could-mean-for-britainhttps://www.theflindersnews.com.au/story/5879428/hard-brexit-could-be-hard-on-aussie-farm-export-plans/?cs=9397  and nearly all industrial output, to start with cars.  https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/uk/Documents/manufacturing/deloitte-uk-brexit-impact-manufacturing.pdfhttps://www.acea.be/news/article/fact-sheet-brexit-and-the-auto-industry  .

In Borne - NL, they are already organising how to fit in the now British Mini in their production. Thanks, many, many thanks. 

23 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

ONLY Marie le Pen's party tells, they want to leave the EU. But the mayority of the French... never. Danes as well as the Irish to exit ? Till me. As far as I knwo only the English want to commit commercial suicide.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-elections-2019/news/french-people-convinced-by-eu-but-poorly-motivated-to-vote/  

According to a survey published on 17 October 2018, 64% of the French people surveyed said they believed the EU benefits the country and 61% saw belonging to this community as a “good thing”.

The figures for across the 28 member states are similar, at 68% and 62% on average, respectively, according to the study of 27,000 Europeans aged 16 and over. Such high levels had not been recorded since the Maastricht treaty was adopted in 1992.

Maybe not enough published in English, as THAT is the mostly ONLY language a Brit understands..

You know: when you know 2 language, you are bilingual

with 3, you are triple-lingual

4 .. you are a genious

1 language.. you are British.,..

More EU speak. Political and economic suicide. You obviously do not know that the what the  Danes and Irish voted on originally.

This has happened three times in EU referendums – in Denmark on the Maastricht Treaty in 1992-3, Ireland on the Nice Treaty in 2001-2, and Ireland again on the Lisbon Treaty in 2008-9 – with all of these referendums ultimately proving successful for those backing the treaty.

Do you see a pattern. We didn't get the right result so vote again.

7 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

So, how is the border between N and S Ireland ? This is an outer EU border or.. open border or... Swiss cheese border with many holes in it or ? ? 

It is grand and will not matter whatever the EU says and tries to do.

7 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Two-thirds of the fish UK consumers eat are imported from overseas, and the costs of those would rise, due to the trade barriers resulting from a hard Brexit.

When we get our fishing rights back you Dutch will be paying premium like the UK have done since the 1970s. I would stock up whilst you can.

So why are you still trying to convince us to stay, are you getting a better deal. We voted out. If you Dutch can't fend for yourselves well pity you.

23 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It was your graph that mentioned him well Turkey. Who knows. I wouldn't want that in any organisation but the EU are playing with fire with him.

The EU's federalisation of Europe anything is possible. Look at the countries that are now in the EU! More than half shouldn't be in there IMHO.

I do not see any graph of me, mentioning any chance of getting Ergodanistan into the EU. Maybe Ukraine in some decades ? Even Russia ?

Yes, some eastern EU member states lack some democratic way of government as we see/ believe in the Western EU member states.

But.. we finally are going to get rid of one, always obstructing EU unionship, as Charles de Gaulle already predicted.

8 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

In Borne - NL, they are already organising how to fit in the now British Mini in their production. Thanks, many, many thanks. 

You are welcome as you have never been innovators. We Brits are happy to pass on technology to our European friends. We have been doing it for years. I somehow don't see the catch phrase 'The dutch mini' catching on. You said it in your post "The British mini" I suspect like in China and other countries they will only buy British and copies will not be welcomed by the people.

15 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

British fish is processed for a big part in Netherlands, to be sold in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/24/hard-brexit-would-mean-more-and-cheaper-british-fish-but-theres-a-catch  

Two-thirds of the fish UK consumers eat are imported from overseas, and the costs of those would rise, due to the trade barriers resulting from a hard Brexit. Moreover, the fall in the price of UK fish would lead to a drop in earnings for UK fishermen. Overall, the analysis shows closing the UK’s sea borders would be a “lose-lose situation” for both UK and EU consumers and fishing industries.

Just weeks, and .. you are stuck with it. Together with all chicken, beef, pork, sheep, mouton, see http://www.uecbv.eu/UECBV/documents/BrexitMeatreport12373.pdfhttps://www.farminguk.com/News/British-meat-exports-to-EU-set-to-fall-by-90-in-hard-Brexit-scenario-report-warns_48014.html  and foods, see  https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/30/food-prices-to-finance-what-a-no-deal-brexit-could-mean-for-britainhttps://www.theflindersnews.com.au/story/5879428/hard-brexit-could-be-hard-on-aussie-farm-export-plans/?cs=9397  and nearly all industrial output, to start with cars.  https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/uk/Documents/manufacturing/deloitte-uk-brexit-impact-manufacturing.pdfhttps://www.acea.be/news/article/fact-sheet-brexit-and-the-auto-industry  

You are correct about the UK importing fish from overseas, but these are the fish that have been caught in British waters by French or Dutch fishing trawlers. Doesn't it make a mockery of the way the EU operates. The last time the British were fishing off the coast of Normandy or Brittany in our allotted area by the EU, we were attacked by French fishing vessels. Doesn't it make sense to fish our own waters?

1 minute ago, puipuitom said:

I do not see any graph of me, mentioning any chance of getting Ergodanistan into the EU. Maybe Ukraine in some decades ? Even Russia ?

Yes, some eastern EU member states lack some democratic way of government as we see/ believe in the Western EU member states.

But.. we finally are going to get rid of one, always obstructing EU unionship, as Charles de Gaulle already predicted.

Well we agree on one thing. We we be leaving the EU. Good riddance. It must shameful not being able to stand on your own to feet as a country and be reliant on an entity like the EU. Never mind

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

When we get our fishing rights back you Dutch will be paying premium like the UK have done since the 1970s. I would stock up whilst you can.

So why are you still trying to convince us to stay, are you getting a better deal. We voted out. If you Dutch can't fend for yourselves well pity you.

Sorry to say, but like many you are extremely delusional.  The UK, that past great empire,  could not even win the cod war with Iceland  so what hope you think it may have with agreeing a communal fishing agreement with the EU, that would bestow the UK with the extreme fishing benefits of the 1800s in the North Sea with the modern world  I think sums up admirably the delusional and fairy tale nonsense of the Brexiteers. Face facts that the UK is now a severely diminished economic and strategic entity in the modern world and will continue to diminish further if the Brexiteers get their way.

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am NOT convincing the British to stay. Even the opposite: happy we finally get rid of you. We should have done that with Thatcher already.

Stocking up... that's what the British are doing now seen the fear for Brexit.

And.. to rely also on fish for having enough to eat.. sorry, that finished already during our king, Louis Napoleon, who strengthened the unity of the 7 Provinces.

6 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

I am NOT convincing the British to stay. Even the opposite: happy we finally get rid of you. We should have done that with Thatcher already.

Stocking up... that's what the British are doing now seen the fear for Brexit.

And.. to rely also on fish for having enough to eat.. sorry, that finished already during our king, Louis Napoleon, who strengthened the unity of the 7 Provinces.

Okay we  lets leave it at that you want us to leave and many of us do. So stop trying to justify the existence then. You can have our British mini cars and you can rebrand them.

You should stop listening to the remainer 'Doomsday Preppers" on here and the BBC.

The economy is Okay. More people are in work than ever. House prices outside of London are increasing in price. The rest of the EU are trying their best to keep the UK paying into the EU and implementing their policies on the UK.

As a country you go your way and hopefully we will go ours. It is you that are bitter. I am not bitter about Holland.

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Here we go, another one who wants to have reruns of general elections when, in his opinion, the correct result doesn't happen. How about replayed cup finals, F1 grand Prix, talent shows etc? A democratic vote has to be the final vote, because if not, it can just go on and on ad infinitum. Do you honestly think that if there was a rerun and the result was reversed that the leave voters would settle for that? There'd have to be a third vote and so on. The right thing for you remainers to do now is to accept you've been democratically defeated and get behind the majority who voted to leave.

You are comparing apples with oranges, but whatever, your Brexit won’t happen, it will be a customs union at best, otherwise remaining, either through revoking A50 or a referendum. You will continue to annoy everyone, Nigel will continue to annoy everyone, some super-morons will end up in jail for throwing stones, but in the end everyone will move on and remember Brexit as that big embarrassment that no one wants to talk about again. Get used to it. You thought you won, but you lost. 

26 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

More EU speak. Political and economic suicide. You obviously do not know that the what the  Danes and Irish voted on originally.

This has happened three times in EU referendums – in Denmark on the Maastricht Treaty in 1992-3, Ireland on the Nice Treaty in 2001-2, and Ireland again on the Lisbon Treaty in 2008-9 – with all of these referendums ultimately proving successful for those backing the treaty.

Do you see a pattern. We didn't get the right result so vote again.

A TNS/MRBI Irish Times opinion poll on 14 June 2005 showed that while 45% of voters wished to see a referendum, only 30% would vote yes in the constitutional referendum, with 35% voting no and 35% unsure.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Danish_European_Union_opt-out_referendum  

21 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You are comparing apples with oranges, but whatever, your Brexit won’t happen, it will be a customs union at best, otherwise remaining, either through revoking A50 or a referendum. You will continue to annoy everyone, Nigel will continue to annoy everyone, some super-morons will end up in jail for throwing stones, but in the end everyone will move on and remember Brexit as that big embarrassment that no one wants to talk about again. Get used to it. You thought you won, but you lost. 

I find the wishful-thinking-shoveled-as-fact extremely tiresome on the boards today. Humour and banter are once again absent, & "My Dad's bigger than your Dad" has come off the subs bench as a replacement.

Forgive me for not joining in.

45 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Sorry to say, but like many you are extremely delusional.  The UK, that past great empire,  could not even win the cod war with Iceland  so what hope you think it may have with agreeing a communal fishing agreement with the EU, that would bestow the UK with the extreme fishing benefits of the 1800s in the North Sea with the modern world  I think sums up admirably the delusional and fairy tale nonsense of the Brexiteers. Face facts that the UK is now a severely diminished economic and strategic entity in the modern world and will continue to diminish further if the Brexiteers get their way.

What you mention is all because of the EU and politicians that sold the UK out. when we leave the UK we can take our waters back. it is international treaty or maybe you don't know that. Out of the common fishery policy. the facts are that those who sold the UK out have weakened the UK economically, supporting half of the former eastern European states. You keep mentioning an empire why? Did someone take something from you like a child gets the rattle taken from them. I don't understand why you mention the Empire, as I certainly didn't.

39 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

A TNS/MRBI Irish Times opinion poll on 14 June 2005 showed that while 45% of voters wished to see a referendum, only 30% would vote yes in the constitutional referendum, with 35% voting no and 35% unsure.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Danish_European_Union_opt-out_referendum  

So you are quoting the Irish Times poll. I will not embarrass you as you have obviously tried to justify the statistic I shown you. Please come back and tell me how many people were polled. if you do I will truly respect you.

The Irish sad no twice. sadly they caved in. Just wait until they start paying and Sien Fein realise that the dream of a united Ireland is dead. They will revert back to anti EU.

22 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

What you mention is all because of the EU and politicians that sold the UK out. when we leave the UK we can take our waters back. it is international treaty or maybe you don't know that. Out of the common fishery policy. the facts are that those who sold the UK out have weakened the UK economically, supporting half of the former eastern European states. You keep mentioning an empire why? Did someone take something from you like a child gets the rattle taken from them. I don't understand why you mention the Empire, as I certainly didn't.

I may be that you missed the thread with a lot of detail about fishing. The facts were that most of our fishing quotas are owned by 5 families, which were named in one post. They sold fishing rights to companies in other EU countries. Yes SOLD nothing to do with the EU  SOLD nothing to do with the EU fishing policy SOLD for personal profit by a bunch of greedy bastards who didn't give a F##k for British workers jobs, and just wanted to line their own pockets. SOLD so we won't get them back by leaving the EU. Beginning to get the picture now, or determined to continue blaming everything on the EU whether it is true or not?

It never ceases to amaze me how many of the English working class enjoy their subservience to the rich and the upper class. Kissing the asses of the people who are ripping them off seems to have got into the Anglo Saxon DNA.

Farage is just one more example of someone doing the same, do they really love being conned ALL the time, it beggars belief. 

Farage - man of the people - complete cods.

1 minute ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I may be that you missed the thread with a lot of detail about fishing. The facts were that most of our fishing quotas are owned by 5 families, which were named in one post. They sold fishing rights to companies in other EU countries. Yes SOLD nothing to do with the EU  SOLD nothing to do with the EU fishing policy SOLD for personal profit by a bunch of greedy bastards who didn't give a F##k for British workers jobs, and just wanted to line their own pockets. SOLD so we won't get them back by leaving the EU. Beginning to get the picture now, or determined to continue blaming everything on the EU whether it is true or not?

It never ceases to amaze me how many of the English working class enjoy their subservience to the rich and the upper class. Kissing the asses of the people who are ripping them off seems to have got into the Anglo Saxon DNA.

Farage is just one more example of someone doing the same, do they really love being conned ALL the time, it beggars belief. 

Farage - man of the people - complete cods.

So who are you! the British gentrie! I guess you are not British then or just like to sound like you are.

You can't sell your waters as it is part of the territory. You can let others into them Like the UK did under Heath. Luckily people have realised and we are stopping it.

Archived