UK PM Theresa May to be told to quit by top Conservative: Sunday Times

webfact

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

They would either resign again like they did the last time they failed, or end up in the same situation as May is in now. 

I totally agree.

They both were in the position to be responsible for Brexit talks. And what did they archive? Nothing!

If they think they had this great idea but May didn't let them do it then they should present this idea. Where is it?

Just to say: "I can do it better" is not good enough.

But it seems some people still think they could do it better...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is a "a hard line with EU"?

As said the EU will not give the UK any other deal and parliament will not accept no-deal.

So as I said some leaver with guts to tell EU OK no more extension let us out with no deal because we will never agree.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yeah, right - but there is no way out of that 'transition period' unless the eu agrees......

I don't think that's right. As of last month...…...

"The U.K. will remain in the EU until the end of 2020, but with restricted powers, officials announced Monday.

During that period, all European laws will continue to apply in the U.K.

But the British government won't have any say in decision-making that will involve the future of the EU."

I think the length of transition and the rules during transition isn't ideal but imo that's less important than finally getting out.

The leaving date may have changed since this article was written but I don't think the EU can stop us leaving after an agreed date

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/19/brexit-transitional-period-to-last-until-end-of-2020.html

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

As said the EU will not give the UK any other deal and parliament will not accept no-deal.

So as I said some leaver with guts to tell EU OK no more extension let us out with no deal because we will never agree.

Unless we have in fact left already, according to the law. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

That option was already open at the day of the referendum. So.. LEAVE and accept all consequences.  NO country nor a supra-national organisation will accept a 500km wide open border. So, where you want that border ? Good Fryday agreement,... in the waste box after 20 years. The value of a contract/treaty with the U.K.

Starting to get quite entertaining, this. Looks like the islanders are having a feud on their diminishing plot. Somehow it always happens on those tiny islet. Inbreeding, I suppose.

The optimum end result would be independent Scotland in EU, Ireland united and in EU, Wales.. ah nobody cares and Little Britain floated somewhere to middle of Atlantic where they want to be. Shoo, begone already!

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not so many politicians want to take that gamble; no EU, as.. just before the EU elections, Merkel has to explain, why the German car export to the UK collapsed, and the Dutch why their fresh fruits + grocery export went down so much. The same for the UK politicians: they are very well aware now, what a no-deal will mean for the British. No one wants to take that blame after years lying to their voters. Therefore: a hard brexit ultimatum OVER the summer holidays. Can you imagine… the British in line for a Schengen visa...   and not spending their holiday money in continental Europe ….

59 minutes ago, tebee said:

Exactly where the British have chosen for: all foreigners out. inclusive docters, nurses, technicians, dirty job workers etc... very welcome in NL, B and several other EU member states.

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Starting to get quite entertaining, this. Looks like the islanders are having a feud on their diminishing plot. Somehow it always happens on those tiny islet. Inbreeding, I suppose.

The optimum end result would be independent Scotland in EU, Ireland united and in EU, Wales.. ah nobody cares and Little Britain floated somewhere to middle of Atlantic where they want to be. Shoo, begone already!

Ah. A new distributor of insults and untruths. You will find allies on here. Not me of course.

14 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Exactly where the British have chosen for: all foreigners out. inclusive docters, nurses, technicians, dirty job workers etc... very welcome in NL, B and several other EU member states.

Another sweeping dose of codswallop.  

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Ah. A new distributor of insults and untruths. You will find allies on here. Not me of course.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Another sweeping dose of codswallop.  

Now there are some constructive and well reasoned posts.

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Leaving the EU doesn’t have anything to do with UK law. Leaving the EU is leaving an agreement in international law you have with the EU. Yet another example of Brexiteers get excited about something that they know nothing about. 

The process of leaving was eventually correctly commenced under all law. The recent government action (extension) has been instigated unilaterally, without prior parliamentary approval. This means that there is now an argument that the government has acted illegally. We will see.

4 hours ago, puipuitom said:

That option was already open at the day of the referendum. So.. LEAVE and accept all consequences.  NO country nor a supra-national organisation will accept a 500km wide open border. So, where you want that border ? Good Fryday agreement,... in the waste box after 20 years. The value of a contract/treaty with the U.K.

If the EU wants a boarder let them do it.

4 hours ago, puipuitom said:

The GFA was signed by the UK and ROI but not the EU. We don't want this border, only the EU wants it.

Archived