Leaving LOS

In the past I just got retire visa in USA. Didn’t renew. If I put the required baht amount for AOS renewal in the Thai bank, then decide I want to move to Indonesia or Viet Nam, will I have any problem getting all of my money out of Thailand? Will I get a big pile of baht notes? Then do I change the baggy to the currency of the new country. I know absolutely nothing about this kind of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

One you transfer big amount of cash to Thailand you will get this transfer note from the bank called toto3 to attest that said fund have been sent from abroad, with that in your pocket, you can at any time transfer said about forward or back to any destination your heart desires...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ezzra said:

One you transfer big amount of cash to Thailand you will get this transfer note from the bank called toto3 to attest that said fund have been sent from abroad, with that in your pocket, you can at any time transfer said about forward or back to any destination your heart desires...

Does the bank transfer note have another name besides "toto3"?  I searched for "toto3" on both Thai Visa Forum and the internet in general but didn't find anything.

With your plans in mind you should open a US Dollar account at your bank in Thailand and deposit the amount in this account. If going to Vietnam open an account in Vietnam in in US-Dollars again and make your transfer. I did this and it worked perfectly for me....

4 hours ago, mekong.star said:

If I put the required baht amount for AOS renewal in the Thai bank, then decide I want to move to Indonesia or Vietnam, will I have any problem getting all of my money out of Thailand?

No. Deemoney transfer or cash will do.

which AOS is it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

With your plans in mind you should open a US Dollar account at your bank in Thailand and deposit the amount in this account. If going to Vietnam open an account in Vietnam in in US-Dollars again and make your transfer. I did this and it worked perfectly for me....

can i use a US dollar account to show funds at immigration?

10 minutes ago, malibukid said:

can i use a US dollar account to show funds at immigration?

I assume you mean having a USD foreign currency account at a Thai bank.

Most immigration office will accept them but a few will not. Best to check with your local office about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean having a USD foreign currency account at a Thai bank.

Most immigration office will accept them but a few will not. Best to check with your local office about it.

CM, could be problematic?

You can transfer up to 1.5 Mio per time to your account abroad, most banks no issues. Transfer your target currency, not Baht. Or you exchange your Baht to US and carry it out. 20 K used to be no problem. Google to be sure. If you are over, declare it and there is no problem. Or use your TH ATM to withdraw abroad. Set daily limit high enough. Good luck. MS>