Another one bites the dust (me)

Pravda

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'd go back through your posts and see if they identified a man who really disliked all things Thai and the answer might be there. 

There is forum and then there is how I try to present myself socially and in front of the family.

I put my best Thai smile and claim it's the most marvelous place on the planet and I will sure miss it.

17 minutes ago, Pravda said:

There is forum and then there is how I try to present myself socially and in front of the family.

I put my best Thai smile and claim it's the most marvelous place on the planet and I will sure miss it.

My wife always knows when I'm lying.  You might have the one whom god did not give this talent.  I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

Wife: Career woman, owns house, good salary, easily irritable, always moody, obviously not happy that I am a cheap charlie by not giving her a monthly salary.

Me: Read a lot about Thailand before moving in, married carefully, ignore all the whinging and complaining from dear Wife.... that was until yesterday when I opened my mouth and finally told her off.

Big mistake. Her words:

"No future with you" "4 years wasted", need to get my life back", "want divorce" etc..... 24 hours before seems happy, hug, hug, chatty laughing.......

IMO the above clip highlights the key elements, and I don't think this relationship has much of a future based on what you said!

Being a Cheap Charlie is frowned upon here by many Thai women, especially if they have friends who are receiving a "salary" from their husbands, furthermore she is a career woman and you could well be considered a few rungs down the ladder in her mind, because you are not supporting her, or pursuing a successful career?

She sees no future in the relationship, and I don't really know that living in a "tense" relationship is good for the mind and soul, let alone the body.

Perhaps moving on is going to be best for both and why not just sample what's available for a period of time to see how things turn out – – give yourself breathing space and look at life in Thailand from another perspective

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Perhaps moving on is going to be best for both and why not just sample what's available for a period of time to see how things turn out – – give yourself breathing space and look at life in Thailand from another perspective

I probably would.... if my visa wasn't expiring in a week.

Great timing!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Get the visa done, she cant do it (divorce) on her own no matter what she wants.

She won't sign the papers.

I mean she won't sign the copies. id card, marriage cert......

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1