Another one bites the dust (me)

Pravda

3 minutes ago, donim said:

And tommorow she will again.

This reoccurs every month here along with a regular visit to the loo.

along with the 90 day report and tea money????  non stop in the Land of smiles....

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, mike787 said:

You have done more than good to her and the village.  If she cannot see the value you have demonstrated over 4 years, then another minute will NOT make a dam difference.  Don't settle for second best, go live your life.  You made it this far with out a piece of crap like that, you will go further, be richer emotionally, financially, and be happier without her holding you down.  Add this experience to you common sense and wisdom, then apply it.  Thailand is NOT Elysium/Utopia.  There are other places and more beautiful ladies that know how to appreciate a good man.  She doesn't deserve you...Cheers!   

09b50424ae615c38911259e152c76c49.jpg

Very good post.   We are ASSUMING  that khun pravda is deserving of all that you suggest.....  ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rumak said:

Very good post.   We are ASSUMING  that khun pravda is deserving of all that you suggest.....  ?

Probably not as we live in Bangkok, not the Village.

44 minutes ago, rumak said:

I really don't know what ALL Thai women are like.  I've lived with a few and also a Filipino and they all had some good points and some differences.   The one thing NONE of them had was a bitchy or disrespectful attitude .   The thing I learned more and more was to stop thinking how can I make them happy.  It definitely became who is going to appreciate me and try to keep me happy !   The "wise ones" here will say you have to do this and you have to do that and you can't expect them to blah blah blah.

BS !     DISCLAIMER:  I am assuming that all you guys are nice and caring people  ????  .  If so, try to pick wisely if you're thinking long term.   And ultimately I always side with those on here that ask why would anyone stay with someone once it goes downhill.   

Been with mine 20yrs and going on forever with family. But everything comes out of the woodworks in a tat at some time or the other, so just have to blow it off as an act of stupidity or if more harsh the relationship has dipped and is not good anymore.. I have had relationships myself and am one to know when it needs to be hitting the road time. Just in my last 20yr one it is finally ok.

• Like 1

Well, I noticed bus fares are up, some as much as 25%.

Has never a been a better time to leave!!!!

Kidding. Hustling around the mall Bangkapi, watching the world (girls) go by it's a depressing thought going back.

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1

It is a two-edged sword, she said "No future with youyoun4 years wasted" etc,

Did she say it in Thai and you translated it to English for your post? I think not, this is Thailand, land of food .do you eat any Thai food, of do you stick with Ahan-Farang, foreign food 

So .you do not Sub her, I think one of the big issues, do not speak Thai, so when you go anywhere she has to translate for you, do not eat .lets say much of the Thai diet, I am not surprised she wants to call it a day.

I know, When in Rome ...............but how about trying to change your ways just a bit, it takes two to tango. 

• Confused 1

A phrase that often digs out the truth "Where is the added value"

Op states in another thread, had the benefit from living in the house of his wife, was actually increasing his savings. Fine no problem for him, but where was the added value for his wife? Is she right to think she deserves better? Perhaps a little more spontaneous, generous, consideration.

• Like 1

Hmm, Im not sure..

You say you dont help with monthly finances and so you're wife calls you a 'cheap Charley' and its also the way you use the language 'banging whores' which leaves me thinking that to see the problem...

..you should maybe look at yourself first.

• Like 2

Just now, NightSky said:

Hmm, Im not sure..

You say you dont help with monthly finances and so you're wife calls you a 'cheap Charley' and its also the way you use the language 'banging whores' which leaves me thinking that to see the problem...

..you should maybe look at yourself first.

My wife doesn't call me Cheap Carlie - I doubt she even knows the term. I call myself that.

As for the language I said it before. Forum and private life are 2 different things. I never swear in front of her.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Know my wife since 2000.

Due to circumstances (her 2 children) we decided a few years ago to have a L.A.T. (Living apart together) relation, instead of the eventuality of a rupture. 

Her children coming first. 

This suit us best.

We are about 15 days together in a month (in 3-4 times). 

I do something similar. One week in my GF's village, two weeks at my condo. We spend one week in three apart. IMHO it refreshes the relationship.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Clearly you are struggling to understand the concept of two people offering 'added value' to make the relationship more successful - other than funding

For example, I help my wife on the farm, I handle cattle, I shift manure, I help dry rice, I sealed the concrete and painted the house, I hang pictures, do plumbing, all these things alongside my wife. I iron my own shirts, cook - occasionally

Now if I just paid up and sat having a beer do you think the 'added value' would carry the same impact?

Hope you got a work permit... or at least don't get 'shopped' for your 'added value'

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Hope you got a work permit... or at least don't get 'shopped' for your 'added value'

What you mean like the time on my way back from the farm through the village, a rainstorm was due any minute, and as people were hastily bagging rice I helped carry a couple of tons into shelter - 'Added value' not always about money

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I agree.

And I paid for every outing and Vacation (which was at least once a month in a 4-5 star hotel).

I asked numerous times what does she want and if she wants money how much, but I was always met with silence. I guess I was supposed to be a gentleman and guess her thoughts. There has always been a lack of communication from day one, but I put up with it.

When I met her she kept harping on and on about how she doesn't need a man in her life because she has a job, house and her parents are doing fine, blah, blah.... like she didn't want me from day one ???? Her mom though kept asking her when are we going to get married, so 2 years later we did. Village wedding, all taken care of by her parents. I just had to buy some gold, but I received the equal amount back in chains. She was not stingy with money in the beginning, but like my previous Thai gf I think she got influenced by her facebook friends playing hiso.

I am considering going a few months to Philippines now to clear my head.

I am even considering getting a TEFL job tbh, just to get out and do something.

Good luck to you in your new life.  

The above post makes me think maybe you  might have been deceiving yourself about how happy you were in your marriage.

Possibly  this  one can serve as a learning experience for you.