Another one bites the dust (me)

Pravda

OP... IF your visa situation was secure, would you stay with your wife after she mentioned she has waisted the last 4 years?

Answer this and you may feel more sound in your decision. 

I read that you are 45 yrs old and unable to secure a Retirement Visa. There maybe other visa alternatives (agents etc), also, if you are not poor you may consider the Thai Elite 5 year visa a viable option, meaning you don't have to rely on your wife and negotiation. 

Its Marriage and marriages fail for whatever reasons.... Thai-Thai, Thai-Western, Western-Western... there is no hard rules or perfect situation just a unknown set of combinations which means one multifaceted relationship is successful and lasts when another doesn't... People also change and success always takes a little effort. 

If all you are concerned about is your Visa issues then you may not be as tied down to this woman as you think (i.e. there are other options).

Just out of curiosity - what is the age difference?

16 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I ended up reading it four or five times and still have no idea what you are ON about.

1) people claiming succesful relationaship with.

2) own job

3) never worked in a bar

----- This takes place on ------ " TV"     (??????)

= sexless marriage

I admit I do not watch much TV. I watch MLB games at 6AM, beyond that our cable has bad, dated, movies that I rarely watch but again I ask ... WHAT IN GODS NAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, OR WATCHING?               

TV he is referring to is this forum, Thai Visa (TV) .  So People here on Thai Visa is the context

Made me laugh though as of course the acronym TV is for Television also..

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Those girls are almost all the same, shallow braindeads interested in all the same material junk, food, family, 'religious' bribery and annoying social media fixations and selfie addictions. As I said you, and most would be well out of it. They all look nice- at first.

As opposed to the farang men, who are almost all the same, shallow braindeads interested in the same junk, sex, beer, cars, motorcycles and annoying dating site fixations.

Oh well, at least we don't have the selfie additions.

Edited by PerkinsCuthbert
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

ANY relationship anywhere will not survive if female thinks

" there is no benefit to me at all" or

" I getting nothing out of this"

And dont believe posters here who say they never contribute 1 baht.

complete BS!

If can afford to have a woman around, you must get skilled and play this game.

Contribute yes, but just enough, without being a walking ATM.

sex and the pบssy are a commidity here, that is the truth.

Even if you had a good girl it wont be long before some thai will convince her she is an idiot for

" giving away to the farang for free"

OP, if money running low, its really best to get out and do it alone

before you are totally skint.

(because for sure, they WONT look after you then!)

you can take care yourself and live cheap in Thailand, happy alone with the right attitude.

even a few LTs and STs now and then will never cost what marriage does.

The example from Thai guys will tells you marriage is for mugs here!

Thats why they run away, so not to be milked dry and then deserted..

And even worse for us because everything here is set up to benefit Thais: not farang!

your marriage visa finished: get out next week!!

Ask yourself what Thai woman ask..

"what am i getting out of this??"

they even make the marriage visa rules to be benefit them.unbelievable!!

and what you get:

1. Pay for a bit of mediocre uninterested sex,

2. the pleasure of slowly getting milked dry.

3. the pleasure of providing everything then in the end being insulted, disrespected and called names and kee-niaw

I like #2.

• Like 2

Just now, Skallywag said:

TV he is referring to is this forum, Thai Visa (TV) .  So People here on Thai Visa is the context

Made me laugh though as I grew up with TV being the Television also

Thanks, helps a lot. I do not read many of these "human interest" stories from members here on TV (thaivisa), so no context for quoted statement on previous post.

Now that I think about it, that is a good reason NOT TO read the "relationship and dating advice" forums here on TV.   ????    stick to the news and MLB games, heh.

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

OP... IF your visa situation was secure, would you stay with your wife after she mentioned she has waisted the last 4 years?

I would.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

admit I do not watch much TV. I watch MLB games at 6AM, beyond that our cable has bad, dated, movies that I rarely watch but again I ask ... WHAT IN GODS NAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, OR WATCHING?               

i know what cable provider you are talking about.   about the only thing can watch is the sports.  the rest is repeat repeat repeat .  and then again repeat repeat repeat.    Got Netflix 2 months ago.... should keep me 

occupied for a while till the same thing happens ( lack of watchable material).   For now with the bad air it

is a help passing the time.

Pre menstrual tension because they know the period is coming and they are not pregnant, then they get post menstrual tension because they just know the period is coming IF they don’t Get pregnant. Either way they will chuck the kitchen cabinets and all of the contents at you, but it does not mean they want a divorce.

If you are happy with her apart from the paddies just hang in there and see what happens, show her you really care and take her out for a slap up Khao Pad Gai , or chicken noodle soup dinners at one of the many cheap Charlie (your words) street food vendors, and she will either love you all over again or kill you slowly.

Not being facetious buddy just trying to relieve your bad mood and put a smile on your face.

Take care and good luck she probably did not mean all that she said so play it by ear for a bit longer and see what happens

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I was cranking through this extended OP, and came to your post ... and this little paragraph. I ended up reading it four or five times and still have no idea what you are ON about.

1) people claiming succesful relationaship with.

2) own job

3) never worked in a bar

----- This takes place on ------ " TV"     (??????)

= sexless marriage

I admit I do not watch much TV. I watch MLB games at 6AM, beyond that our cable has bad, dated, movies that I rarely watch but again I ask ... WHAT IN GODS NAME ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, OR WATCHING?               

You've never read the 'boaster posters' claiming to be living with an educated white skinned Thai lady their own age from a wealthy Thai/Chinese family, earning loads of her own money, and who never worked as a prostitute and who loves them for their looks and personality?

I'm guessing you're already in a bedroom desert relationship.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mansell said:

"I haven't seen it, and I should know what I have seen." She got up and started packing, called for a taxi and headed to Phuket airport and flew back to her family. And that was the end of that marriage.

555, that's one of the best divorce posts I've read .............

• Haha 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

You've never read the 'boaster posters' claiming to be living with an educated white skinned Thai lady their own age from a wealthy Thai/Chinese family, earning loads of her own money, and who never worked as a prostitute?

I'm guessing you haven't been getting much sex with your misses for a very long time.

:biggrin: your punch line is that cliched 'one trick pony'. You keep working these 'boaster posts', looks like you have a good thing going here.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rumak said:

i know what cable provider you are talking about.   about the only thing can watch is the sports.  the rest is repeat repeat repeat .  and then again repeat repeat repeat.    Got Netflix 2 months ago.... should keep me 

occupied for a while till the same thing happens ( lack of watchable material).   For now with the bad air it

is a help passing the time.

Because of the air this month I am looking at the tube more, sure. That said, I like MLB, so that works with coffee in the morning. The early morning broadcast is the live game broadcast. However, if you remember that post on a topic you started … eh, I am flying out Wednesday, Qatar form CNX, one month in the Aegean, one in Puget Sound.
I’ll deal with TV or Netflix when I return.mmm  Aloha

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I like the advice of sticking around for a bit checking out other parts of the country. I understand no visa.....why not cross into Lao and come back on a tourist visa, or visit Vietnam for a while. Sounds like you are younger than most of us, so that should give you some options. I feel for your situation, but not a lot you can do but move on. 

I was married and thought a pretty happy Thai marriage. I did notice she didn't like being wrong about anything. One evening a movie came on the TV and as I started watching it she pointed out incorrectly I had seen it before. As she would watch movies on her laptop she confused herself thinking I watched them with her. I said, "No, I haven't seen this film." She got very righteous and annoying with the whole thing, and I said angrily, "I haven't seen it, and I should know what I have seen." She got up and started packing, called for a taxi and headed to Phuket airport and flew back to her family. And that was the end of that marriage. So they can act in a stubborn crazy way on the flip of a dime.

But now I am married to a lovely, smart, and beautiful woman who loves to laugh and enjoy life and me. Actually it is like night and day. I think there is a tendency to cut them a lot of slack because many times we are older and feel pretty privileged to be with a younger and beautiful woman, and the options back in the home country are slim to nothing. Good luck with it all.

You found a nice unicorn!  And I/we are truly happy for you.  Really! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

you may be unfit for anything beyond pay for play.

Thats me! Im so unfit, I dont even pay for play anymore, I just find women who hate me and I give them stuff. Hey baby, hate me me? Sure! Cool, here have my left 'nad, your gf allready has the right one.

When I'm old and divorced or worse, widowed and become a dirty old man I'll revel in it...  

But I won't be under the flawed and embarrassingly sad pretense that this is the only way it is and pull the wool over my own eyes that the younger guys aren't with the better looking, smarter hotter women for reasons beyond financial incentive.

I won't try and secure confirmation bias from the other 'dirty old men' and fool myself into the belief that the younger guys with the hotter women are lying with repetitive digs at those with 'financially independent, well educated, light skinned women' as if these women are something unachievable because this has always fallen outside of the realm of possibility for me because even in my young years I was such a chauvinistic bigot I couldn't maintain such a relationship... 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mention this or similar such drivel so often it would imply a degree of envy that you may be unfit for anything beyond pay for play.

How many guys do you know over 60 that are able to pull young attractive women? (and aren't famous or fabulously rich) Just wait until you get older then see the choices you have without payment.

I've actually met some quite nice older expat ladies, but 'friends only' I'm afraid, they just don't work for me as sexual partners.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

OP.  Don't fret about your situation too much.  Most if not all posters here on TV are just one more bad retirement or marriage extension rule change away from being removed for good from their wives anyway.  Whether or not they still have a working relationship does not matter one iota.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Sigh.. marrying a Thai is a crapshoot

Given the divorce rate in western countries (and the number of farang victims coming here looking for greener pastures), the problem may have factors other than one person being Thai. 

This quote is as of 2014

The divorce rate is still high in the U.S. at 53%. But Spain, Portugal, Luxembourg, the Czech Republic, and Hungary are worse off with divorce rates higher than 60%. Belgium has the highest rate of divorce in this data set at a staggering 70%. The lowest officialrate is in Chile with 3%.

• Like 1

younger guys aren't with the better looking, smarter hotter women for reasons beyond financial incentive.

they are...but I bet I could lure half of them away with cash ????

The girls I mean. Guys are gross, yuck

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2