Another one bites the dust (me)

Pravda

5 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

OP.  Don't fret about your situation too much.  Most if not all posters here on TV are just one more bad retirement or marriage extension rule change away from being removed for good from their wives anyway.  Whether or not they still have a working relationship does not matter one iota.

That's so true, you should have added 'health emergency' to your list as well.

Which is currently looking like ending my stay in Thailand (if not my stay on the planet).

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How many guys do you know over 60 that are able to pull young attractive women? (and aren't famous or fabulously rich) Just wait until you get older then see the choices you have without payment.

Yeah dude you should see the old hags that chase me when I visit my Mum in her retirement communtiy. And these grannies got money too, you arent owning a place in her comminty without a couple of million. I think of their portfolios, look at their shapeless bodies and wrinkled faces, check my bank account, shrug and head to Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Which is currently looking like ending my stay in Thailand (if not my stay on the planet).

Not to be more of an as*hole than I am, do you really want to go back to Blighty?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I could manage living with the right one, shared interests, companionship, separate rooms, etc.

But it always gets to the point where they want to hold hands, kiss or even worse get naked ............. just no.

I feel ya, I get limp at the sight of chubby 25  year olds......

Maybe her expectations, being a career woman, of what you have to offer, did not meet her expectations. Thus the wasted 4 years comment.

I think a lot of career Thai ladies expect a farang husband to better their own situation, not be a boat anchor.

It is obvious she feels you do not have anything to offer and after 4 years of trying, she has give up.

Time to move on, you still have a life to live.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pravda said:

I agree.

And I paid for every outing and Vacation (which was at least once a month in a 4-5 star hotel).

I asked numerous times what does she want and if she wants money how much, but I was always met with silence. I guess I was supposed to be a gentleman and guess her thoughts. There has always been a lack of communication from day one, but I put up with it.

When I met her she kept harping on and on about how she doesn't need a man in her life because she has a job, house and her parents are doing fine, blah, blah.... like she didn't want me from day one ???? Her mom though kept asking her when are we going to get married, so 2 years later we did. Village wedding, all taken care of by her parents. I just had to buy some gold, but I received the equal amount back in chains. She was not stingy with money in the beginning, but like my previous Thai gf I think she got influenced by her facebook friends playing hiso.

I am considering going a few months to Philippines now to clear my head.

I am even considering getting a TEFL job tbh, just to get out and do something.

Well your in your 40's and never mention what you do for a job but you do point out you paying for 4 and 5 star hotels each month, but never giving her any money? What's the rest of the story? Her comment she wasted 4 years with you has a certain "You have not met her financial expectations" tone to it.

Edited by bwpage3
spelling
  • Like 1

seems you will be able to live a comfortable life AFTER leaving her.  WHY put up with this day after day....leave now that the door is open.  Consult a lawyer and start the process. I did ALL my divorce thru a lawyer in my home country...sent the papers to her for her to sign...persto,...complete in 3-4 weeks.  Dont live like that if you can enjoy your life without her. BUT...like everything else...its up to you....good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mention this or similar such drivel so often it would imply a degree of envy that you may be unfit for anything beyond pay for play.

How many guys do you know over 60 that are able to pull young attractive women? (and aren't famous or fabulously rich) Just wait until you get older then see the choices you have without payment.

I've actually met some quite nice older expat ladies, but 'friends only' I'm afraid, they just don't work for me as sexual partners.

Fair point...  but it wouldn't make the yonger guys comments of dating 'financially independent fair skinned Thai women' any less believable... it would just make my posts attempting to ridicule them seem bitter that I am unable to achieve such success in my flaccid wrinkly state... 

I too have aspirations to become a dirty old man one day...  who wouldn't when we get down the nuts and bolts of it.

It's not the honest behavior I criticize, it's the lack of understanding that not everyone is the same as you and the criticism and disbelief you throw in those directions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

Because of the air this month I am looking at the tube more, sure. That said, I like MLB, so that works with coffee in the morning. The early morning broadcast is the live game broadcast. However, if you remember that post on a topic you started … eh, I am flying out Wednesday, Qatar form CNX, one month in the Aegean, one in Puget Sound.
I’ll deal with TV or Netflix when I return.mmm  Aloha

enjoy the fresh air.   hopefully next year I will have an escape plan,  cheers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd do a multi entry from Suvannakhet, just need the marriage cert and copies of her ID/house book.

15 months (in 90 day chunks) for 2kbht.

Not for the same reason, but could you give me some info about this please

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I do something similar. One week in my GF's village, two weeks at my condo. We spend one week in three apart. IMHO it refreshes the relationship.

Do you really need that one week in the village ? An extra week apart maybe more rewarding.

6 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Very few guys here dating career women most are disguised bar girls lol.  This gal sounds like another nut job I have met quite a few.  Why buy the cow when you can milk it through the fence.  Best of luck and start grabbing your belongings. 

Wow. you good brain , sure . nuff said . 5555

Edited by elliss

4 hours ago, tlandtday said:

So many guys come on here complain about their situations get advice they don't really want to hear than go back to the same ole shit again like a puppy dog lol.

Definition of insanity = doing the something over but expecting a different result.   Yep, you're right. they are pussy whipped looking for a mama

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thats a rather unpleasant thing to post , not nice at all 

Yes it is unpleasant, but also very likely. 

A lot of women play up and trade up when given an opportunity. Let’s not pretend it doesn’t happen. Every day.

Once the disappointment subsides the reality that you are happier out of a now hopeless situation will encourage you to move forward.

It happens, and us guys that are currently comfortable in our relationships will take the enjoyment and happiness as it comes, nothing is certain, but we cannot go through life immersed in self doubt and mistrust

I hope the next chapter pans out well for you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

Anyway, it's over for sure. 

"I won't pretend I'm happy to save face".

Back home or stay here is the question. 

Doesn't she have a better looking younger sister, ora good looking gf? If so, go for it and you'll see her immediately coming back to you.