Helpless elderly woman found with daughter’s bloated body in Pathum Thani

webfact

Helpless elderly woman found with daughter’s bloated body in Pathum Thani

By The Nation

img_6750.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An ailing 80-year-old woman was found lying near the bloated body of her daughter in a house in Pathum Thani’s Lam Lukka district late Sunday night, police said.

Neighbours called the Khukot police station at 11.30pm to report a persistent foul smell coming from the house of Chanjira Upree, 44, which she shared with her ailing mother.

When police, rescuers and a doctor from the Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital arrived at the house, they found Chanjira’s mother lying on the floor. Chanjira’s body was on the adjacent sofa.. The doctor determined that Chanjira had been dead for about three days ago.

The old woman, who was unable to communicate with rescuers, was rushed to a nearby hospital.

Neighbours told police that they first became aware of the smell on Saturday. It grew stronger on Sunday and they identified it as coming from Chanjira’s house.

There was no sign of an attack and the body has been sent for autopsy to Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368099

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-22

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

How very sad that such a horrendous thing could happen to anybody in this day and age.

Nobody cared.

Why say nobody cared?

I am in exactly the same situation as that poor old lady, my wife is my carer, if something serious happened to her, and i was stuck on my bed i would be in trouble.

The difference being when i am on my bed i can reach my computer, phone, so i would be able to get help, that poor old lady clearly did not have access to a phone, or was unable to use a mobile phone.

Tragic so very tragic, my heart goes out to that lady, hope she gets the care she needs.

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Notice the two smiling rescuers in the picture . What's funny about that??? 

many believe smiling is the appropriate response to any situation even those in which it would be considered inappropriate.   thai culture

i have experienced it numerous times.  one example, chicken at a well known restaurant chain arrived essentially uncooked. showed it to waitress and i had a very serious face and was clearly upset. waitress couldn't stop smiling. sometime i have asked them why are they smiling as the situation is clearly not a happy one. usually they just smile more. ps read, write, speak thai so no language barrier except that they can freeze seeing a non asian speaking their language. 

loneliness has obviously become a universal phenomenon. not long ago, in a scandinavian town, the body of an old lady, living by herself, was discovered after 2 years. the authorities found just a bit of dried skin around the skeleton

On 4/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, colinneil said:

I am in exactly the same situation as that poor old lady

The difference being when i am on my bed 

So exactly the same or different?

Same same but different?

On 4/22/2019 at 3:32 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

Notice the two smiling rescuers in the picture . What's funny about that??? 

Probably the way it is wrapped up. It looks kind of funny.

Maybe someone cracked a joke.

The Buddhist thais are taught about death and how to deal with it. 

Would you prefer they cried everyday at work?

Archived