Denied at Don Mueang.

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Thanks I'm Canadian too and was also denied at Don Muang (first tourist visa ever)... I will go to Vietnam soon and I know canadian have to apply 3 days in advance for the visa. Now I'm too scared to come back via the airport even with marriage visa. I plan to do a long detour via Cambodia and also avoid Poipet/Ayutthaya when coming back.

Why were you denied?

2 minutes ago, Ian Pickles said:

Only posting as an FYI so others don't make the same mistake I did. A bit in my defense, I have never been told by immigration, nor have I ever read anywhere, exactly what we can and can not do with VOA's. And to save you a couple of key strokes, yes I am guilty of not doing enough homework on the subject. 

Good you understand that.....????

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ian Pickles said:

Why were you denied?

For "no adequate means of living in the kingdom" 12)2 but I was not asked anything. I was waiting for them to question me but they simply brought me to a room to sign the expulsion notice and then to detention. I had my first ever tourist visa and plenty of money. I was in Thailand for less than 6 months (after 2 years without visit) but for their "defense" I was doing land border back to back visa run before this and had 1 day overstay because of minivan issue on 1 of january. I came back via land border and was let in without any question...

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian Pickles said:

No poop mate. And like the rest of the world it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong because they are wearing the uniform and we are not. 

you forgot to tip'm or maybe that doesn't matter anymore either they just want us out.

1 hour ago, Ian Pickles said:

No poop mate. And like the rest of the world it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong because they are wearing the uniform and we are not. 

And I found her female counterpart at an inwards passport desk in Texas a few years back, only needs a few words to describe her attitude: rude, racist insulting.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And I found her female counterpart at an inwards passport desk in Texas a few years back, only needs a few words to describe her attitude: rude, racist insulting.  

And so there these who I met at the passport desk at Don Muang immigration, when I queue in the wrong lane as foreigner into the Asean lane and also have a few words to describe her attitude: polite, kind, welcome and warm

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian Pickles said:

Canadian, and I went to Vietnam on a single entry so I could not go back there. In Phnom Penh now working on a tourist visa. 

Glad they let you fly out to another destination.

I would not count on getting a TR Visa in PP, but you can check with Lucky, Lucky (tuk-tuks know where it is) and get an idea of which way the wind is blowing.

However you return, avoid the Poipet/Aranyaprathet entry-point - even with a valid visa.  All other land-border entry points are fine with a valid visa.

1 hour ago, mike787 said:

you forgot to tip'm or maybe that doesn't matter anymore either they just want us out.

They haven't found a way to collect extra-money from people on TR entries without getting caught, which is why they are "cracking down" on those using them.  

Only extensions which may involve agents, or the elite visa for the huge payoff (at 10x the going-rate for a visa in the region) is acceptable.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

I reentered Thailand at Don Mueang last Tuesday, coming from Vietnam with my Thai b/f. Retirement extension. First time for me entering DM from abroad so I was a bit nervous about the things one reads here on TV - long queues & awful Immigration officers particularly females.

I was thru in 3 minutes. Airport at around 1730 practically empty, apart from some noisy Chinese tourists who were guided into Chinese-only areas of Immigration. Only 1 person ahead of me in queue. My female Immigration officer wasn't exactly friendly but not notably rude. Asked where we were staying before heading on to Surin. My b/f meantime worked thru the Thai-only machine 3 or 4 metres away. Taxi room had only 3 or 4 people ahead of us. No sign of returning Songkran hordes on the expressway into town. We made it to checkin at our Asoke hotel 60 minutes after touch-down. Which seems to me like some kind of record.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ian Pickles said:

Canadian, and I went to Vietnam on a single entry so I could not go back there. In Phnom Penh now working on a tourist visa. 

Heard a similar one just last week, Ian, where the person (female) who is supposed to welcome the tourist into the country, flew into a screaming rage and threw the guy,s passport back at him ! Where do they get these people ? Especially when you are spending more than an entire group of chinese or indians ????

• Like 2

Only posting as an FYI so others don't make the same mistake I did. A bit in my defense, I have never been told by immigration, nor have I ever read anywhere, exactly what we can and can not do with VOA's. And to save you a couple of key strokes, yes I am guilty of not doing enough homework on the subject. 

How old are you! I say that because it seems they are targeting  young people 30's and 40's

You explained in your thread why you got evicted at Mr Don airport.

You can't fly in and out on 30 day stamps without eventually being stopped.

I lived here for years on 30_day visa runs same as 10,000's of foreigners.

Those days are over.

Also avoid female officers. A male officer might have let you in with a polite warning.

Pattaya sex tourists aren't flavour of the month with females.

Edited by Lucius verus
  • Like 1

so ur trying to live somewhere on the wrong visa and now working without a eb visa/extension

wow... ur just the kind of person SE Asian countries wants.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ian Pickles said:

Came in the other day to Don Mueang from Vietnam and got kicked out. It would have been my 5th time in on the 30 day bit within the last 365 days.

Why didn't you get a tourist visa?   Do you think Thailand wants everyone to enter for free?  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It was possible to stay here for a long time on only tourist visas but that has changed. Anyway udonjoe has helped many expats so a bit of respect towards joe please

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually i think i misspelled his name its ubonjoe.

Not matter about lack of respect but in all fairness he used to say unlimited 30 days visa no problem now for some folks out there  that isn’t going to fly nolonger..

I understand that we cant blame joe for that but i look forward his explanation.

Edited by Destiny1990

4 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Why didn't you get a tourist visa?   Do you think Thailand wants everyone to enter for free?  

A tourist visa is no guarantee of being admitted at Don Muang, but it does give you a better chance.

• Like 1

Actually i think i misspelled his name its ubonjoe.

Not matter about lack of respect but in all fairness he used to say unlimited 30 days visa no problem now for some folks out there  that isn’t going to fly nolonger..

I understand that we cant blame joe for that but i look forward his explanation.

What is there to explain? They used to allow it and for a while now they are picking out people and not letting them in. How to avoid it? Get the correct visa.

And a tourist visa is also no guarantee as it’s not intended for lengthy stays.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What is there to explain? They used to allow it and for a while now they are picking out people and not letting them in. How to avoid it? Get the correct visa.

And a tourist visa is also no guarantee as it’s not intended for lengthy stays.

I think u just did..????