BANGKOK 20 May 2019 04:20

Are you american?

Did Vietnam immigration let you in with a new visa or they canceled the last one?

6 minutes ago, Ian Pickles said:

No poop mate. And like the rest of the world it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong because they are wearing the uniform and we are not. 

Really...🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Thanks I'm Canadian too and was also denied at Don Muang (first tourist visa ever)... I will go to Vietnam soon and I know canadian have to apply 3 days in advance for the visa. Now I'm too scared to come back via the airport even with marriage visa. I plan to do a long detour via Cambodia and also avoid Poipet/Ayutthaya when coming back.

Why were you denied?

2 minutes ago, Ian Pickles said:

Only posting as an FYI so others don't make the same mistake I did. A bit in my defense, I have never been told by immigration, nor have I ever read anywhere, exactly what we can and can not do with VOA's. And to save you a couple of key strokes, yes I am guilty of not doing enough homework on the subject. 

Good you understand that.....😊

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Ian Pickles said:

Why were you denied?

For "no adequate means of living in the kingdom" 12)2 but I was not asked anything. I was waiting for them to question me but they simply brought me to a room to sign the expulsion notice and then to detention. I had my first ever tourist visa and plenty of money. I was in Thailand for less than 6 months (after 2 years without visit) but for their "defense" I was doing land border back to back visa run before this and had 1 day overstay because of minivan issue on 1 of january. I came back via land border and was let in without any question...

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian Pickles said:

No poop mate. And like the rest of the world it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong because they are wearing the uniform and we are not. 

you forgot to tip'm or maybe that doesn't matter anymore either they just want us out.

1 hour ago, Ian Pickles said:

And I found her female counterpart at an inwards passport desk in Texas a few years back, only needs a few words to describe her attitude: rude, racist insulting.  

• Like 2