Savannakhet NON O Visa, multiple entry, based on marriage to a Thai national, application on Thursday, April 18, 2019 - Report

On 4/29/2019 at 10:51 AM, lopburi3 said:

My math was for 12 payments rather than 13  ???? - expect immigration could have done the same.

I get 3 pensions. The state pension is paid every 4 weeks on a Friday and the other 2 are monthly, one on the 15th and one on the 20th.

When they check mine there will be 37 entries for the year.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What you posted is for a OA visa for retirement.

The requirement for non-o visa based upon marriage is here.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

ok i see , i make the error , but what mean this??

• Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card / Bản sao CMND hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Certified copy of house registration book / Bản sao hộ khẩu hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.

thank you ????

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It means your wife signing the copies. That is what certification means.

a certified copy in other countrys mean with a offical stamp....if not it must stated : signed copy.. i certified  many times documents and it  always  was an offical stamp..

sure they not  mean a certified copy by the amphur ?

certified
/ˈsərdifīd/
adjective

1. officially recognized as possessing certain qualifications or meeting certain standards.
Edited by lapamita

If I was to get a Non O Visa based upon marriage from Savannakhet would I at some time in the future be able to convert it to a OA Visa for Retirement using the monthly income method?

3 minutes ago, lapamita said:

That certainly is not what they want. Certified here in Thailand normally means signed by the person whose name appears on the document.

Others have gotten the visa with only their wife's signature on them.

38 minutes ago, lapamita said:

As said above - what they want is the signature of the person whose document it is.  

37 minutes ago, JamesH said:

in the future be able to convert it to a OA Visa for Retirement using the monthly income method?

You could extend for retirement or Thai wife with on any entry of the O visa if you meet the other extension requirements.

hi

just a question

vietnam is visa free entry until 30.6  ..but i read need letter or pre aproval ??

somebody knows ? 

or i just can fly in..without anything and get entry stamp ??? ( last time some years ago..i went trough landboarder and get only entry stamp  //was visa exemptionstamp for hat thien eco zone )

On 4/29/2019 at 10:48 AM, pagallim said:

However, Paul receives his pension every 4 weeks, hence 13 payments a year rather than calendar monthly.   He could possibly request a letter from his bank confirming the applicable credits to his account are indeed foreign transfers.

For marriage the transfers don't need to be foreign ... as ubonjoe already has pointed out, the immigration officer obviously confused a visa based on marriage with a visa based on retirement.

45 minutes ago, lapamita said:

hi

just a question

vietnam is visa free entry until 30.6  ..but i read need letter or pre aproval ??

somebody knows ? 

or i just can fly in..without anything and get entry stamp ??? ( last time some years ago..i went trough landboarder and get only entry stamp  //was visa exemptionstamp for hat thien eco zone )

I have provided a link to a visa company that I have used.  You can enter your passport country and find out if you need a visa to enter Vietnam.  You can also ask if you need a letter of invitation.

https://www.vietnam-visa.com/

I was there 15 months ago with my wife, but nobody was asking for a Tabien Baan. They only wanted the original marriage certificate and a signed copy of it. And of course her ID card. Nothing else from my wife.

Is it possible that this has changed? 

9 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I was there 15 months ago with my wife, but nobody was asking for a Tabien Baan. They only wanted the original marriage certificate and a signed copy of it. And of course her ID card. Nothing else from my wife.

Is it possible that this has changed? 

Directly from Thai Consulate HCMC website:

For spouse of Thai nationals / Dành cho người có vợ/chồng là người quốc tịch Thái Lan

• Guarantee letter wrritten in Thai from Thai spouse / Thư bảo lãnh từ vợ/chồng người Thái. 
  • Copy of marriage certificate / Bản sao giấy đăng kí kết hôn hợp pháp.
  • Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card / Bản sao CMND hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Certified copy of house registration book / Bản sao hộ khẩu hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Other relevant document, for example, copy of Thai child’s birth certificate / ID card
    (Những giấy tờ hợp pháp liên quan khác, như bản sao khai sinh của người con,...)

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

•  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

This is interesting, so the same visa is now obtainable in HCMC now with the same docs, or is there just an additional letter from the wife required?

Yes you need a letter from you wife requesting the issue you a visa.

4 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Since when have they been doing this out of interest?

Not sure exactly how long but it has been at least a year or 2.

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you need a letter from you wife requesting the issue you a visa.

Not sure exactly how long but it has been at least a year or 2.

Cool. Must have escaped me then. So no more going to the worlds most boring place.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

What is so difficult about that. I is just a short letter from your wife requesting the issue the visa.

Just 2 questions thanks as didn't see it clarified reading through.

Does the wife write the letter in Thai and you get it translated to Vietnamese or English.

Can you get US dollars from ATM in Vietnam using Thai bank debit card.

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Does the wife write the letter in Thai and you get it translated to Vietnamese or English.

The Thai consulate will accept the letter in Thai. No need to have it translated.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Can you get US dollars from ATM in Vietnam using Thai bank debit card.

Have seen it mentioned that there are only two places in HCMC to obtain if you need for Consulate - so much better idea to arrive with funds for visa.  No you can not obtain from ATM AFAIK.

• Thanks 2

Just a thought.

I am going to Savannakhet in the next couple of months (I still have 3 months left on my retirement extension) to get a Non O based on marriage.

Does anybody have any idea if this new insurance requirement will be required by then? 

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Just a thought.

I am going to Savannakhet in the next couple of months (I still have 3 months left on my retirement extension) to get a Non O based on marriage.

Does anybody have any idea if this new insurance requirement will be required by then? 

Nobody seems to know what if when if any will be required period.  As you appear to be talking about a 90 day stay visa(s) not sure it would even be considered for such a requirement.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Nobody seems to know what if when if any will be required period.  As you appear to be talking about a 90 day stay visa(s) not sure it would even be considered for such a requirement.

Unfortunately due to the Forex rate GBP/THB I no longer qualify for a retirement extension but I can easily meet the marriage extension. The Immigration office in Khampaeng Phet are not too happy at converting retirement to marriage due to the increased workload.

I had thought that I could go to the Thai embassy at Savannakhet and get a Non Imm O marriage multi entry visa and border hop every 80 days, then this health insurance thing has com along and I am not sure if it applies to the visa I was looking at.

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I had thought that I could go to the Thai embassy at Savannakhet and get a Non Imm O marriage multi entry visa and border hop every 80 days, then this health insurance thing has com along and I am not sure if it applies to the visa I was looking at.

It does not apply for the non-o visa based upon marriage or any other non-o visa application.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2019 at 10:58 AM, Somtamnication said:

FRIMU

Furry rodent in my underpants ?

OMG I know. LOL I know. TTFN I know. FMUTA I just invented but what is frimu. 

RSVP asap . Otherwise it will play on my mind.

As for the current situation at Savannakhet it is likely to end up going the same way as Vientiane. Appointments. Ok until it starts to clog up. My advice to anyone who's 12 month visa expires within the next few months is to go sooner rather than try to squeeze it out for the full 15 or 17 months. Get it while its still fairly easy.

22 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

Can u still extend the 90days entry for a non-o me vusa by 2 months and 2k bhat? What docs are required for this?

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for a fee of 1900 baht.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of wife's house book register and ID card. She will have to be with you when you apply.