Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 May 2019 03:21
webfact

SRT must reimburse Hopewell: court

Recommended Posts

SRT must reimburse Hopewell: court

By The Nation

 

34ba8689451d1e7d6089c1224ae187e6.jpeg

 

The Supreme Administrative court on Monday ordered the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) to reimburse Hopewell Co Ltd Bt12 billion for the termination of the contract following the arbitral award order on 8 November 2008.
 

Under the ruling, SRT has to pay within 180 days of Monday’s court order.

 

93933b871255aae5a989948a4273b32e-sld.jpe

File photo

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368112

 

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understood that Hopewell Co Ltd was already a dissolved company. Perhaps someone can update me.  This being the case then surely this award against SRT is meaningless as there is no legal entity in existence to which the  12 billion can be paid.  Or does it just go to somewhere else !!!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CGW said:

Bangkok Stonehenge, how many years has this been dragging on now, has to be over 20? 

They were working on it when I first came here back in 1993

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wot no interest on the outstanding amount? 

 

27 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I understood that Hopewell Co Ltd was already a dissolved company.

I am sure some lawyer will find the paperwork to claim the money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billd766 said:

They were working on it when I first came here back in 1993

Well guess what sort of government awarded it at the time ?   Read this and perhaps it will come clear that zero has changed in almost 30 years as to the depths of alleged corruption. Some prominent and "respected" figures at that time are still surviving today if you do a bit of research.

 

Interesting article here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_Elevated_Road_and_Train_System

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Wot no interest on the outstanding amount? 

 

I am sure some lawyer will find the paperwork to claim the money. 

I bet if the international press got involved in asking questions about where the payment was going to, the story would be shut down here PDQ, as 'a threat to national security'.

It's always useful to have that old chestnut to fall back when there are important people in the hierarchy who need to deflect the truth.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I understood that Hopewell Co Ltd was already a dissolved company. Perhaps someone can update me.  This being the case then surely this award against SRT is meaningless as there is no legal entity in existence to which the  12 billion can be paid.  Or does it just go to somewhere else !!!!!!!!

Hopewell Holdings Ltd would likely have taken over the legal action and would therefore have funded this case. It has been listed on the HK stock exchange since 1972 and, interestingly, it was taken private in March 2019. A coincidence or.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopewell_Holdings

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dabhand said:

Hopewell Holdings Ltd would likely have taken over the legal action and would therefore have funded this case. It has been listed on the HK stock exchange since 1972 and, interestingly, it was taken private in March 2019. A coincidence or.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopewell_Holdings

 

 

 

Interesting stuff, effectively meaning that the 12 billion could be heading to Hong Kong, China ?   Well I never !!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well guess what sort of government awarded it at the time ?   Read this and perhaps it will come clear that zero has changed in almost 30 years as to the depths of alleged corruption. Some prominent and "respected" figures at that time are still surviving today if you do a bit of research.

 

Interesting article here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_Elevated_Road_and_Train_System

Here is a link of Thai Prime Ministers and their political parties going back to 1932.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Thailand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Interesting stuff, effectively meaning that the 12 billion could be heading to Hong Kong, China ?   Well I never !!

As Hopewell was a HK company where else would it be expected to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...