Electric and Water Question

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

20 baht per unit for Electric is outrageous !!! 

Clearly they are using to subsidise the possibly attractive rent ? Anyone who operates like that I would steer well clear of.

I do not believe any renter anywhere in Thailand in any property is paying 20 Bt per unit of electricity.

In your case, of course she is correct... in that, that is what they want to charge you and how they want to do it, though that rate sounds awfully close to govt rate... I once looked at buying a condo and they charged 8 baht for electric... my wife immediately turned off and we looked elsewhere... 

By paying the condo rate you are paying a contribtion the power that you directly use or obtain benefit from

Everytime you use the shower The building has to pay for the power i.e the power to pump the water to your room and the power to replace the water that you have consumed-pumping the water back into the tank on the roof.

Then their is common area lighting-benefit for you

You are getting the benefit -you should pay

5 Baht for power is cheap

11 minutes ago, Delight said:

By paying the condo rate you are paying a contribtion the power that you directly use or obtain benefit from

Everytime you use the shower The building has to pay for the power i.e the power to pump the water to your room and the power to replace the water that you have consumed-pumping the water back into the tank on the roof.

Then their is common area lighting-benefit for you

You are getting the benefit -you should pay

Completely incorrect as I pointed out earlier. All those costs are covered by the common fee, and the rent that tenants pay should cover the common fee.

What you are saying is the equivalent of saying that anyone renting a car should pay extra per litre every time they fill up the fuel tank, which is daft.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:55 PM, swm59nj said:

My apologies. I had it backwards. Its 20 baht per unit for electricity and 5 baht for water. Sorry about that

If you are renting a condo and not an apartment you should receive a bill from the electric company (MEA) as condo units are individually billed from mea and you will pay less than 5 baht per unit. However 5 baht per unit for water is the normal going rate for condo units billed through the juristic office. It is slightly higher than what the building pays for water and helps to cover their costs for common area cleaning and maintaining garden areas. 

Do the face to face suggested.

Go there rent a condo for a short term. Ride around on a motocy, walk into any interesting looking places and ask at the desk and you'll be able to get a good deal with polite negotiations and gentle patient voice. There are some nice places to be had, small one bed places or larger 2 bed like I had in 

The rates quoted you are good so maybe use them as a yardstick when talking to other agents. 

I had nice place in Soi 85 ????

Don't sweat it that the agents dropped you like a hot rock, they're more available than cheap tasty food stall inBNKK lol.                                    Forget about doing lease remotely do it face to face. I rented at on Nut for 2 years not long back and there are tones of places all around the area to rent of different size and quality. My place a short ride to the BTS on my motocy.

Oh! Tip: Killer pad thai place in the night market at On Nut right next to the road at the front right side of the markets. Easy to find as there is always a queue.

22 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

If you are renting a condo and not an apartment you should receive a bill from the electric company (MEA) as condo units are individually billed from mea and you will pay less than 5 baht per unit.

Only if the landlord/agent allows the bill to go directly to the unit. They often have the bill sent directly to them specifically so that they can overcharge the tenant.

22 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

However 5 baht per unit for water is the normal going rate for condo units billed through the juristic office.

I have never heard of a building anywhere that charges so little for water.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, 5633572526 said:

However 5 baht per unit for water is the normal going rate for condo units billed through the juristic office. It is slightly higher than what the building pays for water 

5 baht?? Looks like you forgot a digit in the water price !??

My condo in Pattaya pays about 32 baht to the PWA and they also have to pay taxes for waste water treatment. Price paid by owners to the condo is 40 baht/unit.

Here are official prices: https://en.pwa.co.th/contents/service/table-price

On 4/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, lopburi3 said:

Definitely not in Bangkok - the bill direct from MWA will total about 10 baht per unit

For a private house, not for a condo !

On 4/24/2019 at 4:10 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Oh! Tip: Killer pad thai place in the night market at On Nut right next to the road at the front right side of the markets. Easy to find as there is always a queue.

Well that info is about 3 years out of date....the night market closed ages ago, there is a shopping Centre and hotel there now !

Archived