Renewal of Extension (Retirement)

I have a question about the new rules of 65 000 baht on my thai bank account showing tranferes from my Danish bank within the last 12 month. Can i transfer back 60 000 baht to my Danish bank 1 day later or take out money from an ATM in DK ?   I need the money for my expenses in DK  !!

I know I can ask IO, but feel insecure, maybe not being able to understand the answer !

In phuket, it does not help with income letters from any Scandinavian embassies, we must also show that we introduce 65k every month.  The Norwegian consulate in Phuket will soon close (sad). Many have moved out of Thailand since all the new rules came and no new peopel come.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nielsk said:

Can i transfer back 60 000 baht to my Danish bank 1 day later

You could, but don’t be surprised if the IO doesn’t like it and wants proof of the other money you use to live on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A non-o visa only allows 90 day entries. If a multiple entry non-o it is valid for one year and and it is possible to get a total stay of almost 15 months by getting a new 90 day entry just before it expires.

A OA visa allows unlimited one year entries for one year from the date of issue. It is possible to get almost 2 years of total stay from it getting new one year entry shorley before it expires.

Thanks.. appreciate the explanation..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SEtonal said:

It sounds like you visit Denmark at least every two years.  Why don't you apply for a Non-Immigrant OA visa at the Thai Embassy in Copenhagen?  You will need a police report, a medical check, and other documents, but you can show your money in a Danish bank and don't have to put money in a Thai bank account.

The Non-Immigrant OA visa is technically good for one year but will last for two years if you leave and reenter Thailand just before the visa expires at the end of the first year.   If you want to leave and reenter Thailand during the second year of the OA visa, you need to first get a reentry permit from the Immigration Office.

http://thaiembassy.dk/non-immigrant-visa/ 

dont forget the new 2 moths prior i and not use 3 mmonths after and never less that 400 k for the bank method..

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, SEtonal said:

It sounds like you visit Denmark at least every two years.  Why don't you apply for a Non-Immigrant OA visa at the Thai Embassy in Copenhagen?  You will need a police report, a medical check, and other documents, but you can show your money in a Danish bank and don't have to put money in a Thai bank account.

The Non-Immigrant OA visa is technically good for one year but will last for two years if you leave and reenter Thailand just before the visa expires at the end of the first year.   If you want to leave and reenter Thailand during the second year of the OA visa, you need to first get a reentry permit from the Immigration Office.

http://thaiembassy.dk/non-immigrant-visa/ 

Sorry ! I should have mentioned I stay in Thailand 6 month and Denmark 6 month every year !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

ot like they (or someone that reports to them) isn't reading threads like this on various forums and can't figure out what is really happening.

Exactly. Some people seem to think if they speak or write in English it's the same as sharing secrets in an unfathomanable code. It should be obvious "they" monitor social media and various forums.

Uh huh.

Sounds just exactly like what some others have been asking about ever since the new rules were first proposed last year. 

I suspect that it won't be long before Immigration clues in to what is really happening and changes the rules (again) to get rid of the "65k" scammers the same way they've been trying to get rid of the "800k" and "income letter" scammers.

I mean, it's not like they (or someone that reports to them) isn't reading threads like this on various forums and can't figure out what is really happening.

Recently I was suspended on Thai Visa for speaking out of turn.

I apologize.

The reason I got carried away was that  I am concerned that the read the posts here and we will all cop a back lash from immigration in particular.

It was not my intention to offend. 

Thank you.

Uh huh.

Sounds just exactly like what some others have been asking about ever since the new rules were first proposed last year. 

I suspect that it won't be long before Immigration clues in to what is really happening and changes the rules (again) to get rid of the "65k" scammers the same way they've been trying to get rid of the "800k" and "income letter" scammers. 

I mean, it's not like they (or someone that reports to them) isn't reading threads like this on various forums and can't figure out what is really happening.

"I suspect that it won't be long before Immigration clues in to what is really happening and changes the rules (again) to get rid of the "65k" scammers the same way they've been trying to get rid of the "800k" and "income letter" scammers."   Nothing to do with 65k scammers.  Can You explain where You see the wrong doing in my question and the answers where scam is encouraged??

Edited by Nielsk
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I suspect that there are very few "scammers", but some of our supposed fellow farang on here think that just because people have some difficulty in proving their income to TI that they must be "scammers". I personally don't know of one farange who's scamming the system, although could imagine thousands if I was that way inclined.

I have met and known many expats in my 13 years here in Thailand, and spoke with many of them about various types of visas and using agents, and have never met even one who was scamming in any way.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you can still get a proof of income from you embassy. From reports I have seen they reversed their decision not to do them anymore.

That is new, and not (yet) published by the Danish embassy, which still show their statement from november 14th last year "Stopping pension letter service..." – where did your hear that..?

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, khunPer said:

That is new, and not (yet) published by the Danish embassy, which still show their statement from november 14th last year "Stopping pension letter service..." – where did your hear that..?

There is info on this page in Danish under certificates (translated Google translate.

http://thailand.um.dk/da/rejse-og-ophold/borgerservice/attester/

It states that they can certify statements. Immigration will accept those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i was told today that CM immigration will  not accept a SS1099 form from Social Security as proof of income.  this not the same as the previously issued affidavits form the consulate.  this is a hard copy document from the United States government. i was told that i need to transfer SS into my bank account here every month.  this is bogus.  you cannot scam an official document.  so where are they coming from.  money grab.

Edited by malibukid
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i was told today that CM immigration will  not accept a SS1099 form from Social Security as proof of income.  this not the same as the previously issued affidavits form the consulate.  this is a hard copy document from the United States government. i was told that i need to transfer SS into my bank account here every month.  this is bogus.  you cannot scam an official document.  so where are they coming from.  money grab.

It seems you missed all the topics about what is required and accepted if you do not have a income affidavit.

Download this file and have a look. Amendment to police order 138/2557 Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, malibukid said:

That's been common knowledge here for at least a month.  I guess you don't read ThaiVisa.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems you missed all the topics about what is required and accepted if you do not have a income affidavit.

Download this file and have a look. Amendment to police order 138/2557 Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income 

yes i read this.  but my point is that i have proof of income in the form of an official document, i.e. SS1099 form.  this is not an affidavit. this is an official document issued by the U.S. government.   according to the police order this should suffice in conjunction with money in a Thai bank account.  but evidently they i.e. immigration is not following this order?  the order does not specifically state that the income not absent of an official document must be deposited into a Thai bank every month preceding application of extension.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

i have a SS1099 form.  this is not an affidavit.  this is a document.  an affidavit is a sworn statement.  look it up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, malibukid said:

yes i read this.  but my point is that i have proof of income in the form of an official document, i.e. SS1099 form.  this is not an affidavit. this is an official document issued by the U.S. government.   according to the police order this should suffice in conjunction with money in a Thai bank account.  but evidently they i.e. immigration is not following this order?  the order does not specifically state that the income not absent of an official document must be deposited into a Thai bank every month preceding application of extension.

I assume you are writing about using a combination of income and funds in the bank.

This is the requirement for the proof of that income.

image.png.d781a75a9fd33016e1e99c29c01b25d1.png

Or this that you do not have,

image.png.67c7b1f7652ab908d4ff7ed927b1f74a.png

The combination is 5 in another police order.

image.png.5ecd3f96bfe94612daefb6ad6f780cfe.png

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i have a SS1099 form.  this is not an affidavit.  this is a document.  an affidavit is a sworn statement.  look it up.

I already know what a SS1099 is. I have one but it does me no good since immigration will not accept it.

There have beens several topics before about what would acceptable proof of income would be without a income affidavit.

Immigrations answer is in the amendment I posted the link to.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nielsk said:

Sorry ! I should have mentioned I stay in Thailand 6 month and Denmark 6 month every year !

O-A visa will suit you perfectly in that situation. I also stay 6-month in Thailand and outside 6-month and use an O-A visa. Two years of no hassle entry into Thailand, keep your money wherever you want, transfer to Thailand whatever amount you want. The most flexible option for people who stay partial year and visit their country at least once every two years. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, malibukid said:

I just created a SS1099 in my computer, is it going to be accepted by immigration?