Wedding agent recommendation

Tayaout

Hello, I'm in Bangkok and looking for an agent to register my marriage. I already have the certified freedom to marry letter from the MFA.

The problem is as I semi-expected every Ampho we contacted ask ridiculous non-existent requirement or tell there is no appointment possible before "infinite amount of time".

I understand this is secret language for "use and agent". Anyone has a good agent and what is the price?

Keep in mind I already have all the papers ready.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I guess it’s possible ‘wedding agents’ exist, but I’ve never heard of one.

What non-existent requirements are you being asked for? 

Yes there is agent and I was quoted 20K down to 8.5K. My wife called her local ampho and they said it would take forever because they are always busy. The other amphoe said I need 2 witness and a translator (I think they are confused with the requirement to certify the freedom to marry letter).

I try to explain to my wife this means she has to offer money to get "express" service but she don't seems to understand what I mean lol. The real price is 20 baht which is not a good incentive for them to register the wedding.

I asked my Thai son to check this with 3 of his Thai buddies (2 in Bkk, one in Chonburi city), they all answered the fees are nowhere near 20,000Baht, just around 100 to 200 Baht. They all responded that they just walked in, all completed within an hour or less. This is all within the last 2 or 3 years. 

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

I asked my Thai son to check this with 3 of his Thai buddies (2 in Bkk, one in Chonburi city), they all answered the fees are nowhere near 20,000Baht, just around 100 to 200 Baht. They all responded that they just walked in, all completed within an hour or less. This is all within the last 2 or 3 years. 

If it's marriage of thai with thai then it's much easier and faster.

No agent required....  repeat - you do not need an Agent. This is something which you can do so easily on your own. 

If you have the required documentation - Affirmation of Freedom to Marry with a translation verified by MFA, then get yourself down to Bang-Rak Amuphur office (silom area) - you should be in and out within the hour (depending on how busy they are)... Just turn up and give it a try - you may find yourself saving a sum of cash.

The requirement for Witnesses is for those who can't speak Thai. My Thai is OK, but my local Amphur rejected to marry my Wife and I, saying my Thai was not good enough (one of my answers to their poorly worded questions was not precise enough) Bang-rak had no issues marrying my Wife and I without witnesses as my Thai had suddenly improved between Amphurs !!! (I guess some like foreigners, some don't and choose to make it difficult !!)

Bang-Rak are familiar with dealing with foreigners getting married - its probably the simplest and easiest of all the Amphur's in Thailand to legalize a marriage and if you don't have witnesses they can rope in a couple of staff (for a tip).

If I'm not mistaken its costs about 60 baht. 

NO NEED FOR AN AGENT.

Get your wife to be to sort it and there will be no problems when you turn up.

Why do farangs think they understand how to do it in Thailand? We know nothing. the wife to be is Thai, and she knows.

The "having to speak Thai" is BS.

I went with no witnesses and not speaking Thai, but as my wife to be had done the prep work all I had to do was sign the paper.

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No agent required....  repeat - you do not need an Agent. This is something which you can do so easily on your own. 

If you have the required documentation - Affirmation of Freedom to Marry with a translation verified by MFA, then get yourself down to Bang-Rak Amuphur office (silom area) - you should be in and out within the hour (depending on how busy they are)... Just turn up and give it a try - you may find yourself saving a sum of cash.

The requirement for Witnesses is for those who can't speak Thai. My Thai is OK, but my local Amphur rejected to marry my Wife and I, saying my Thai was not good enough (one of my answers to their poorly worded questions was not precise enough) Bang-rak had no issues marrying my Wife and I without witnesses as my Thai had suddenly improved between Amphurs !!! (I guess some like foreigners, some don't and choose to make it difficult !!)

Bang-Rak are familiar with dealing with foreigners getting married - its probably the simplest and easiest of all the Amphur's in Thailand to legalize a marriage and if you don't have witnesses they can rope in a couple of staff (for a tip).

If I'm not mistaken its costs about 60 baht. 

We will try at Bang-Rak this week. My wife said there is a limit of 5 walk in and 3 agents per day at this office. 

Update:

I made my wife insist for an appointment at her local Amphoe. We got an appointment for the marriage certificate and new ID card. It tooks 2:22h and cost 20 baht.

The officer said it was her first time doing the paperwork for a foreign marriage and we even got plenty of smiles.

Archived