BANGKOK 27 May 2019 18:00
Elali

What is Thailand like do go to for a holiday?

Hi Peeps.
My partner and I were thinking about going on holiday to Thailand, and just wondered what it is like their as a tourist? we were thinking of going to Bangkok and Phuket. I have some questions that if anyone could answer would be great
Whats the wether like in May?
I heard its cheap out there (to eat and drink) is that still the case?
Thanks

• Like 1

Weather in May is quite warm still for Thailand. Cost is relative, where are you from ?

• Like 1

I think most these days will find Thailand a lot more expensive than they had anticipated and certainly exchange rates unless you're from the USA will hurt most tourists

• Like 1

Go to Chiang Mai Chiabd Rai. Far more culture and fewer tourists. But do dtoo a day or 2 in Bangkok to experience the traffic. Will make your day... As in you will spend most of your day in a taxi trying to get anywhere!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

If you like long immigration lines, expensive taxis, overpriced hotels and tours, deadly roads, daily scams, and ladyboys you will have a great time. If not, you won't be returning. 

Sounds like Sydney lol.

The reality is the locals can spot a newbie a km away, so you will be targeted as a source of easy and good money. They leave us expats alone. 

• Like 1