What is Thailand like do go to for a holiday?

Elali

Elali?  You have to be a first-class troll.

I wouldn't betting you were sitting in a bar (anywhere in Thailand, where the temp right now hovers between 39 and 43C -- 102F to 109F  just in case you really are in New Jersey) and it being the kind of heat that threatens to fry the brain, your mind came up with this nitwit question to keep all the lads on ThaiVisa active in this soul-destroying weather [sic].

Pay close attention to the negative comments....they are closer to the mark than the kindly attempts of the positive boys.

5 hours ago, inThailand said:

If you like long immigration lines, expensive taxis, overpriced hotels and tours, deadly roads, daily scams, and ladyboys you will have a great time. If not, you won't be returning. 

Clearly a very disallusioned person, who probably would not be happy wherever he goes.  Yes the weather at the moment is hot, above 32C until possibly end of May.  I understand a pint of beer in UK is about £5?  Here you can get it for half the price.  If you eat in high quality restaurants, yes the meals will cost the same as the UK.  However, you can get delicious Thai food in Thai Restaurants for about £2to£3 per meal.  Bangkok is a very busy city, but if you are coming for shopping, that is the place to go.  Personally 3 to 4 days at a time is enough for me (not the shopping type).  There are a whole host of interesting places to go in Thailand.  Have a look on the internet.  I have lived for over 14 years on Koh Samui and love it to bits.  Have lots of friendly, charming Thai Friends and never knowingly been ripped off, which of course can happen in any Country.  By and large, Thai People are friendly and helpful, with a ready smile.  If you would like info on where to stay on Koh Samui, please pm me and I will be delighted to help.

My Aunt from Australia recently came on a trip to Phuket. She paid 2000baht for a massage (we normally pay around 200~500).

350 for fried rice (in half a pineapple shell) we can normally buy that for around 150. 

500baht for a short taxi ride with no meter (we would pay 100baht with a meter that is legally required) and so on. 

She was happy and thought the price was good for everything. I would not have been. 

It's all relative and can vary greatly. 

Research if you are on a budget, or if money is no option you will have a ball and everyone will love you????

Hope you enjoy your trip????

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I would agree with you, but be aware when dealing with Thai Immigration, that different Immigration offices, and even different officers in the same office all have their own interpretation of all the different rules.

They don’t hassle tourists. They only make it hard for long termers with no money.

Short term tourists and long term stayers with plenty have no problems. 

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

They don’t hassle tourists. They only make it hard for long termers with no money.

Short term tourists and long term stayers with plenty have no problems. 

What nonsense. You obviously do not read Thaivisa much, long stayers under fifty are always having problems, and expats have much more hoops to jump through.

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What nonsense. You obviously do not read Thaivisa much, long stayers under fifty are always having problems, and expats have much more hoops to jump through.

Nah, don’t read thaivisa much. I only recently joined and to be honest I find most people here negative and rather racist towards our lovely hosts, the beautiful thai hosts. Everyone I know who comes for a holiday have really liked it and want to come back.

I am under 50, been here for 10 years no dramas. If you have money. Elite visa.

If you are poor, you will have problems, and so you should. Thailand doesn’t want you. I am happy to see a bit of a thinning of the herd to be honest. Too many low life’s here.

i have been coming here since the 70’s as a tourist and never had a problem.

This fella is coming for a holiday. Immigration will not hassle him. Talk about chicken littles.

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Nah, don’t read thaivisa much. I only recently joined and to be honest I find most people here negative and rather racist towards our lovely hosts, the beautiful thai hosts. Everyone I know who comes for a holiday have really liked it and want to come back.

If you are poor, you will have problems, and so you should. Thailand doesn’t want you. I am happy to see a bit of a thinning of the herd to be honest. Too many low life’s here.

This fella is coming for a holiday. Immigration will not hassle him. Talk about chicken littles.

You are under 50 and have been visiting Thailand since the 70's...so your first tourist visit was at age 9 or younger .

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

So some people should have problems because they are not as well of as you?? I am not going to waste any more time on you.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

So some people should have problems because they are not as well of as you?? I am not going to waste any more time on you.

Poor long term expats use public hospitals that should be for the thai taxpayers. They steal etc. 

Last thing any country needs is economic refugees. 

Once again, this fella wants to come for a holiday. He will not be hassled by immigration. 

I agree with most people here saying why go to Bangkok or Phuket.

Chiang Mai, Kanchaburi(death railway), Buriram(temples), HuaHin (national park), Rayong(beaches) there are many other cities and provinces far better than Phuket or Bangkok. Google your internet for places to see in Thailand.  But yes be cafeful of scammers, taxis, tuktuks and your self preservation. Take care.

2 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Poor long term expats use public hospitals that should be for the thai taxpayers. They steal etc. 

Last thing any country needs is economic refugees. 

Once again, this fella wants to come for a holiday. He will not be hassled by immigration. 

:crazy:

6 hours ago, elgenon said:

You should be more specific in describing what floats your boat. Then you can get specific tips.

the usual floaters: 3somes, ladyboy tryouts, all day and night drinking, getting rolled, scammed, sunburnt to the point of ED admission, loosing passports, meeting mongers with utube channels and getting led down waste-of-time scam paths, buying tonnes of crap and trying to figure how to the stuff in the bags to take home.  

What a hilarious question  ???? 

On 4/24/2019 at 2:26 AM, Tropposurfer said:

the usual floaters: 3somes, ladyboy tryouts, all day and night drinking, getting rolled, scammed, sunburnt to the point of ED admission, loosing passports, meeting mongers with utube channels and getting led down waste-of-time scam paths, buying tonnes of crap and trying to figure how to the stuff in the bags to take home.  

What a hilarious question  ???? 

So you assume everyone is like you? yes, sad.

Archived