Alternative to PulseTV?

BobBKK

On 4/22/2019 at 3:14 PM, scottiejohn said:

What services do you want and what prices you are prepared to pay and into/with what systems?

Hmmm I use Netflix for all my TV series needs. I really want a Pulse equivalent (BBC, CNN, FOX, History, SKY Sports etc.) 

On 4/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, vogie said:

TV Mucho is exellent, no Sky Sport though. 

Full Catch Up on all channels, very reliable.

They offer a short free trial. App on Android.

48 euros a year. Some of the channels available.

Screenshot_2019-04-22-18-41-06-611.jpeg

Thanks but Sky's quite important. 

13 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Thanks but Sky's quite important. 

You could check out http://iptvuk.club/ they offer free a trial, every channel available to mankind. I have it at the moment, but have decided I might manage without the sports. Compared to some IPTV providers they are quite reasonable at 4,100 baht a year. Good luck.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, vogie said:

You could check out http://iptvuk.club/ they offer free a trial, every channel available to mankind. I have it at the moment, but have decided I might manage without the sports. Compared to some IPTV providers they are quite reasonable at 4,100 baht a year. Good luck.

Thanks when pulse is good it's good but they don't answer emails and the support is quite poor.

I’m using Vaderstreams. https://vaderstream.shop/products/  they are reselling epic streams which are the best I have found. I use it both through Kodi and a media player. I find that sometimes I have to use a vpn if I use it through Kodi in Bangkok but if I use a media player I don’t. In Hua Hin I have no issues using it through Kodi. I’m watching sky sports right now and it’s good quality. For my vpn I use PureVPN which cost me $70 for a 5 year subscription.

another reseller of epic streams is Boss TV, historically they had problems with their own servers but it seem to be ok now. I did not reup with them as they stopped their Kodi app.

10 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

Yep,,,,,,,I am among the losers. I just paid a renewal for 3 months last week,,,,,,,,,,,oh well it was good while it lasted and now to find a new service,,,,,,,,,

On 4/28/2019 at 5:53 PM, AJBangkok said:

I’m using Vaderstreams. https://vaderstream.shop/products/  they are reselling epic streams which are the best I have found. I use it both through Kodi and a media player. I find that sometimes I have to use a vpn if I use it through Kodi in Bangkok but if I use a media player I don’t. In Hua Hin I have no issues using it through Kodi. I’m watching sky sports right now and it’s good quality. For my vpn I use PureVPN which cost me $70 for a 5 year subscription.

another reseller of epic streams is Boss TV, historically they had problems with their own servers but it seem to be ok now. I did not reup with them as they stopped their Kodi app.

sooner or later they get shut down......

On 5/4/2019 at 9:02 AM, Sametboy2019 said:

Whats your problem with Pulse? Only time i have a problem is when my internet is playing up.

I actually love Pulse and months back it was great. Now I get lag everyday. I understand one of their providers has a server issue but it's taking ages to fix it.

23 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Sky maybe important, but for 48 Euro's a year it makes Mucho a no brainer anyway.

The day I worry about 48 Euros is the day I realize all my career was for nothing  lol. For me I just want consistent service and happy to pay for it.

13 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The day I worry about 48 Euros is the day I realize all my career was for nothing  lol. For me I just want consistent service and happy to pay for it.

Who said anything about worrying about money that even children have? What is your point exactly? So will you get Mucho for 1 year anyway regardless of not having Sky? What service isn't consistent?

I actually love Pulse and months back it was great. Now I get lag everyday. I understand one of their providers has a server issue but it's taking ages to fix it.
Are you sure it's not your internet connection? I have two Pulse boxes and they work fine. In fact since their major server upgrade, it's been better than ever. A few channels disappeared yesterday, but the online chat service responded quickly and they were all back quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, sungod said:

I got TV Mucho, was fine for 18 months, now its unwatchable because of buffering. Anyone else experiencing problems? CAT is ISP, I am in Pattaya.

I have had TV Mucho now for a couple of months, my ISP is True. I am just outside Pattaya near Bangsare. Round about 4 in the evening can be slightly problematic for about an hour. The problem is that if there is a dominant colour all the screen will bleed to that colour, very noticable when watching snooker etc.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:15 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Are you sure it's not your internet connection? I have two Pulse boxes and they work fine. In fact since their major server upgrade, it's been better than ever. A few channels disappeared yesterday, but the online chat service responded quickly and they were all back quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I watch NetFlix without issues and play online games. I have 100mb download and 50mb upload.

I don't want to knock Pulse they have been very good in the past and if I can get this fixed I'm very happy with the service. Yes channels disappear regularly too - then come back!  it's odd, though, that there are not several competing suppliers.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, Essex Reject said:

Who said anything about worrying about money that even children have? What is your point exactly? So will you get Mucho for 1 year anyway regardless of not having Sky? What service isn't consistent?

Mucho, as has been mentioned, has issues also.

AIS internet / TV package might be worth looking at.

Right now they have a promotion using fibre, 699Baht a month, good speed etc., plus a free TV box which has many channels, no monthly fees.

Plus a whole range of additional add-on specific packages (news, sports packages, and more) some just 99Baht a month, some up to around 399Baht a month.

My Thai DIL signed up for the basic package, excellent channel coverage for her and her kids needs. Basic package doesn't include Sky news or CNN, BBC, but it does include many local Thai news channels, Euro News, NHK and 1 or 2 more.

Basic package includes Fox Thai, Fox Movies, all with dual languages and many movie channels.

Additional news package, CNN, BBC and more is (from memory) just 99Baht. 

Can also have a second TV box in another room, internet connection to second box is from the main internet connection to the house (no double fee etc.),

But there's a one time charge of 1,000Baht to buy the second TV box and have it installed (2 minutes), plus a monthly fee of 100Baht for the basic package of channels. 

Again additional packages can be added for additional package fees.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:22 PM, scorecard said:

AIS internet / TV package might be worth looking at.

Right now they have a promotion using fibre, 699Baht a month, good speed etc., plus a free TV box which has many channels, no monthly fees.

Plus a whole range of additional add-on specific packages (news, sports packages, and more) some just 99Baht a month, some up to around 399Baht a month.

My Thai DIL signed up for the basic package, excellent channel coverage for her and her kids needs. Basic package doesn't include Sky news or CNN, BBC, but it does include many local Thai news channels, Euro News, NHK and 1 or 2 more.

Basic package includes Fox Thai, Fox Movies, all with dual languages and many movie channels.

Additional news package, CNN, BBC and more is (from memory) just 99Baht. 

Can also have a second TV box in another room, internet connection to second box is from the main internet connection to the house (no double fee etc.),

But there's a one time charge of 1,000Baht to buy the second TV box and have it installed (2 minutes), plus a monthly fee of 100Baht for the basic package of channels. 

Again additional packages can be added for additional package fees.

Looks great... but no Premier League (Sky) and no History Channel

such a shame... no BBC too.... if they sort that out I'd join in a flash

40 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Looks great... but no Premier League (Sky) and no History Channel

such a shame... no BBC too.... if they sort that out I'd join in a flash

I guess the basic package (free - no monthly charges and no initial fee to buy the box and no stolen signals) is aimed primarily at the Thai audience. The basic free package in terms of news does include: France 24, EuroNews, DW, NHK and CNA. Basic package also included a long list of movies, some recent, FoxThai and more (Thai or English language audio). And it does include some international sports, with English audio.

As mentioned customers can add 1 or several additional packages, but at a cost, many of the extra packages are 99Baht a month, one package example is CNN (plus a couple more channels).

SKY, BBC, History, Nat Geo are all available as packages and a lot of further sports packages too. From memory the most expensive additional package is 399Baht a month. But extra packages is of course all personal choice.

Even with 2 or 3 add on packages the fees per month (on top of paying for your basic all purpose internet connection) could be perhaps 700 - 800Baht a month, way less than any of the True visions packages. 

Today the AIS guys came to install the second TV box in my bedroom, (just a few minutes, it's all pre-set for easy installation and has the technology built in to transform your flat screen TV to SMART TV.  1,000Baht to buy the second box and installation, plus a monthly fee of 100Baht for the basic channels. But it uses the main internet connection to the house, there is no extra or double fee for the internet connection. Same as the basic version, you can easily add many extra packages, same pricing as for the basic package. 

Archived