Finance Ministry to boost tourism with Bt1,500 payment to domestic travellers

webfact

11 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Could the downturn in tourism be because of the lack of convidence? Thailands world status? Thai mind set attitudes? They should look more closely at whats happening on the streets, instead of living a fantasy 'Alice in Wonderland', the way inwhich foreigners are persistantly cheated and treated... 

i don't think its convidence that is causing the downturn, but rather confenience, 

9 hours ago, shaurene said:

Government ministers and persons in high positions in Government should have high education certificates, and NOT FORGED ONES.

As the government has reduced the number of "tourist attractions" in Khao San Road, even officials from that auspicious institute may not be able to obtain FORGED copies of their higher education certificates anymore.

when they travel to 55 provinces

So, do I read this wrong?  Does it mean that a Thai can get this money only when they have been to all 55 provinces?  If that is the case, then it would cost more than 1500 baht to travel to do so, just to get the 1500 baht.  Or does it mean that if they travel to any one of 55 provinces they will receive the funds?  If it is the latter, I live near Don Mueang Airport, and so my receptionist, who is Thai, can just visit the adjacent province and pick up some easy cash.  Seems to be either an incorrect statement by the reporter or a rather nebulously presented idea.  Just curious.

'nuf sed.

13 hours ago, Sonhia said:

foreigners are persistantly cheated and treated... 

Hopefully they will vote with their feet.. .......

What would Thailand do without tourists? 

Back to medieval times or forward to museum country as Madame Tussot's? 

If I understood it correctly, they get the funds deposited directly into their accounts. No proof of holiday plans necessary. So what's stopping people from signing up and receiving 1,500 and then spending it at the local market/shopping mall/7-11/etc.? How does this promote tourism?!?

3 hours ago, djayz said:

If I understood it correctly, they get the funds deposited directly into their accounts. No proof of holiday plans necessary. So what's stopping people from signing up and receiving 1,500 and then spending it at the local market/shopping mall/7-11/etc.? How does this promote tourism?!?

Maybe the money has to be spent on certain things and you must prove that.... or you get the death penalty.

Archived