UK Civil Service Pensions directly into Thai bank

thonglorjimmy

I currently have my Civil Service and State Pensions paid directly into my account in the IoM, I bring over what I require every month and leave the rest on deposit for savings, emergencies or for use when visiting the UK.

I use Transferwise to bring over what I need, it's paid into my Kasikorn account with a MCL code, Kasikorn have confirmed that they will not issue a letter stating the funds have come from overseas.

When I was able to to get an Embassy letter it wasn't an issue, but now it is, I've either got to change banks as mine uses an intermediary bank to send to Thailand, stop using Transferwise or get my Civil Service Pension paid directly into my account here.

The question I'm asking, and the reason I'm asking in this forum rather than the Immigration or banking forums, is does anybody have their CSP directly to a bank here, hopefully to KK, if so would they care to share what sort of rate they get and how is it shown on their bank statement also are there any problems, again Kasikorn would be good.

Thanks in advance

18 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I use Transferwise to bring over what I need, it's paid into my Kasikorn account with a MCL code, Kasikorn have confirmed that they will not issue a letter stating the funds have come from overseas.

I gather that Kasikorn are 1 of 3 agency banks used by TW in Thailand. However, have they still used the MCL code for any transfers which TW routed through them (rather than Bangkok Bank or TMB) in your case?

I had my gov pension paid into Kasikorn, it showed up as a domestic transfer as it involves a third bank in Bangkok. I have had to move to Bangkok Bank and they have told me that I can get a bank statement off them every 2 or 3 months showing it as an international transfer.

1 hour ago, Postmaster said:

You can download a summary sheet of transfers from the Transferwise App.  If you set up a regular transfer each month with them surely Immigration will accept that as adequate proof of your regualar funds from abroad ?  Not sure.

Will not be accepted.  Must be a "Thai bank doc"; not a foreign doc of which there are so, so many in different formats and languages.  "Thai bank doc" required confirming incoming foreign transfer/coding.

20 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Your experience with Kasikorn appears to match @theoldgit's as reported from post #17 on this thread:-

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

I gather that Kasikorn are 1 of 3 agency banks used by TW in Thailand. However, have they still used the MCL code for any transfers which TW routed through them (rather than Bangkok Bank or TMB) in your case?

I routed it via Bangkok Bank rather than Kasikorn, I think that's where I went wrong and still got the MCL code.

Yes. I have my UK Civil Service, Local Government and State (OAP) pensions all paid directly into my Bangkok Bank account. Never any problems over the years other than occasionally arriving slightly late due to Citibank (agent for the UK Government) now being the transferring bank and public holidays in the UK, USA and Thailand. All transfers are shown in my passbook as "inter branch (domestic)"

For this current year I was able to get a "confirmation of income letter" from the British Embassy but will need to clarify what documentation I will need for next year.

I currently have my Civil Service and State Pensions paid directly into my account in the IoM, I bring over what I require every month and leave the rest on deposit for savings, emergencies or for use when visiting the UK.

When I was able to to get an Embassy letter it wasn't an issue, but now it is, I've either got to change banks as mine uses an intermediary bank to send to Thailand, stop using Transferwise or get my Civil Service Pension paid directly into my account here.

The question I'm asking, and the reason I'm asking in this forum rather than the Immigration or banking forums, is does anybody have their CSP directly to a bank here, hopefully to KK, if so would they care to share what sort of rate they get and how is it shown on their bank statement also are there any problems, again Kasikorn would be good.

Thanks in advance

Really top notch courteous and professional service, that Kasikorn Bank not exerting themselves on your behalf by getting the needed statement from that intermediary domestic bank. Not. Sorry to hear how shoddily you have been treated. Are they doing you a favor, providing you with an account?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived