POLL ~ Its hot outside. What temperature do you set your aircon to escape it?

Thainesss

What temperature do you set your air-conditioning  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 is fine for me.  Keeps the humidity down and doesn't freeze my tootsies.

Not too bad on the electric bin, either.

Fans work well enough in Thailand most of the year but in March, April and May I go full- on AC.  

34 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Can't speak for other people's houses but the structure of my house gets up to about 35c in this weather. It may well be 28c outside in the early hours but the bedroom is still well above that temperature.

Same with my "apartment" in Na-Jomtien the concrete soaks up heat all day and very often hasn't finished giving up its heat  when the sun comes up for  re-roast the next day.

20/4/2019 @ 17.25   was the hottest I've seen  next to the sofa in the shade 35 degrees C  ☀️

P_20190420_172545.thumb.jpg.90bd7ddac965fb6d70869aaa714139e2.jpg

Wife in the living room alone, 27 or 28c just to knock the edge off, usually turns a fan on low as well. 

Wife can hang a side of beef in the bedroom at night - 20-21c.  I've seen it at 19c a few times, bump it to 20 or 21.   

Just me in my office room alone, 24-25. 

19 Years ago I am told by a Belgian computerexpert computers should not work in a room with temperature higher than 28 degrees. As computer is in livingroom, I put Panasonic airco there 28 degrees. Thais find it often too cold in our livingroom. For the bedrooms I choose 24 degrees. Springs sometimes to 21 degrees. I cannot explain why. Happy with this. Last electric bill first time in 11 years over 4500 thb.

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

I have reversible ceiling fans in every room and use them constantly. They are WAY better then floor fans and far more quiet. I use the AC minimally, I prefer fans over AC and a nice 100% cotton sheet. 

As for Thais and ceiling fans, my wife told me that the reason Thais do not use ceiling fans is they are afraid they will fall and cut and kill them. No kidding! I couldn't stop laughing. My FIL has one in his room as we had all the rooms installed with them, he has never turned it on. 

Last year the wife and I went to the Chong  Chom markets.  After shopping went to a noodle restaurant. Sat down and the lady turned on the ceiling fan

Looked a bit dodgy but whatever. All good until the string holding it up busted,  knocked my glasses flying off and then continued to rotate at speed on the table, not the fan but the other part and in doing so wound the very thin flex on to the table tangling everything up very quickly . The wife crapped herself and the only other couple in the restaurant were pissing themselves laughing not trying not to show it of course.   I thought it was as funny as hell too. 

We had friends visiting many years ago in Oz when my kids with ex were young.  The visitors youngest boy about 4 decided to turn on the ceiling fan and then climb onto the top  of my sons bed.  Fan sliced him open a treat so,  two large slices  across his temple area followed by a hospital visit and stitches.  The doc said it happens once a week on average in North Queensland.

My Mrs relunctantly uses the fans in Oz but sleeps with one eye open. 

31C in Phoenix, because it's a dry heat.

22C in Thailand, because it's muggy.

No A/C in the beach in California, because it only gets hot maybe 2-3 days a summer, then s ceiling fan is good enough.

No A/C in the Rocky Mountains, because 7000 feet altitude.

Don't remember what I set it to in New York City, but it got hot there several weeks a year.

Boston is more cool, only needed A/C a week or two.

Chicago got so hot, my house didn't have A/C, so I slept outside a couple of nights.

So, it all depends. ????

7 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

31C in Phoenix, because it's a dry heat.

22C in Thailand, because it's muggy.

No A/C in the beach in California, because it only gets hot maybe 2-3 days a summer, then s ceiling fan is good enough.

No A/C in the Rocky Mountains, because 7000 feet altitude.

Don't remember what I set it to in New York City, but it got hot there several weeks a year.

Boston is more cool, only needed A/C a week or two.

Chicago got so hot, my house didn't have A/C, so I slept outside a couple of nights.

So, it all depends. ????

i remember some really hot nights in Malibu in August.  could not sleep. no AC, just got up and walked on the  beach at 3am. it was kind of psychedelic

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Good for you.

When it is really hot I just order my Burmese servant to move the banana leaves up and down 4 times a minute rather than the normal 3.  Had to give him a good thrashing yesterday though for dripping his sweat on the floor.  Would dock his money for that but he is on a performance contract so never any need to pay him ????

Good show!

28 in the bedroom so I can sleep at night and have hanky panky without losing half a stone in sweat - it’s like a fridge compared to the rest of the house at that temp, and the unit’s not working too hard.

During the day only the occasional fan in an effort to acclimatise

1 minute ago, Mukdahanman said:

28 in the bedroom so I can sleep at night and have hanky panky without losing half a stone in sweat - it’s like a fridge compared to the rest of the house at that temp, and the unit’s not working too hard.

During the day only the occasional fan in an effort to acclimatise

Don't make me sweat anyway as I get the wife to do all the work,  Ye ha ????

4 minutes ago, Mukdahanman said:

But my wife’s a lazy cow

once a cowgirl, always a cowgirl, would never want it different now.  The exercise keeps here in trim to whilst I do my crossword. Now let's see, one down - another word for stirrups ?

Just now, geoffbezoz said:

once a cowgirl, always a cowgirl, would never want it different now.  The exercise keeps here in trim to whilst I do my crossword. Now let's see, one down - another word for stirrups ?

Sounds like you’ve got a keeper, has she got a sister?

14 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

No but she has a lady boy friend ???????? ops wrong thread for that one

A ladyboy doing the cowboy. Never thought of that. maybe I could get interested after all.

Nah, couldn't imagine having someone teabag my belly. OMG, I just did.

Sorry sanemax.

We have no aircon, you insensitive clod!

(I hate aircon and fans, they make me sick. Really, no joke. I rather sweat a bit than sit in the blow of a fan or ice cold air of an aircon).

1 hour ago, Enki said:

We have no aircon, you insensitive clod!

(I hate aircon and fans, they make me sick. Really, no joke. I rather sweat a bit than sit in the blow of a fan or ice cold air of an aircon).

Had that for years too, especially with the shitty aircons that only blast at a certain point ... its better now since we have one thats inbuilt in the ceiling, but anything less than 24 degree and low air volume and i get a cold...

The curse of beeing german i guess, where houses are isolated good enough to not get hot in the summer -.-

Archived