Woman, 84, missing for a week found dead in house storeroom

snoop1130

Woman, 84, missing for a week found dead in house storeroom 

By The Nation

489f2ff66d51e634a035eab2008193bd.png

Prapa and her son//Facebook

An 84-year-old woman suffering from Alzheimer’s, who was reported missing from her house in Bangkok last weekend, was found dead in the storeroom of her house.

Shares on social network platforms as well television and radio programmes on missing persons had spread news about the missing Prapa Suttayakhom.

She disappeared from her house on Soi Navamin 91 on April 14, after a quarrel with her husband who wanted to watch a boxing bout on TV while she wanted to watch a soap opera. Security footage viewed later by police showed her leaving the house.

When she did not return home that day, one of her sons alerted police and sought help on Facebook by posting photos and news of his mother. 

The son described her as suffering from Alzheimer’s and in need of daily medication. “My mother has disappeared and her medicines are still in the house. I’m worried about her. I don’t know where she will spend the night. Please help me find her,” he wrote on the first day.

He updated the search every day and his FB alert was shared scores of times.

Her grandchildren produced a Facebook video clip asking people to help find her. One of them said he wanted to hear his grandmother’s voice again.

However, her son's message on Sunday shocked everyone. “My mother, Prapa Suttayakhom, passed away. Please accept my thanks for helping me look for her since the day she went missing,” he wrote.

According to the family’s account, she left the house but probably returned a couple of days later without anyone in the house noticing her.

It is suspected that she may have gone into the storeroom, got trapped inside and could not find her way out probably because of her sickness.

Bin Bunluerit, an actor-turned-rescue worker, who came to the house to collect her body, said she was found under a suitcase and had probably been dead for five days when she was found. Her family started searching the house after getting a foul smell.

Bin said it was a sad end for the old woman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368128

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-22

So the family didn't notice her returning after claiming that they missed her?  What has happened to the Thai family culture of caring ? It appears a total nonsense that they did not know she had returned. Maybe they did not simply care and considered the fact she suffered from Alzheimers a burden to their own lifestyle - just saying.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

An 84-year-old woman suffering from Alzheimer’s, who was reported missing from her house in Bangkok last weekend, was found dead in the storeroom of her house

So they really don't check the house....  If my mom was missing I will check the house meny times everyday just encase 

RIP 

14 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

So they really don't check the house....  If my mom was missing I will check the house meny times everyday just encase 

RIP 

probably they checked the storeroom in the beginning - may be more than one time and did not find her there.

Then they were not aware when she returned didn 't reckon with it anymore - and so did not see any reason to check the stroreroom again. May be he storeroom has an extra entrance. May be she never went there before. 

May be different - but to early to blame the family

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

was found dead in the storeroom of her house

One would think the first place to look would be within the house then broaden the search from there.  Not so - it took a whole week before they checked the storeroom??  Amazing!

Archived