Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 May 2019 20:23
snoop1130

Five Indian tourists injured in motorway accident

Recommended Posts

Five Indian tourists injured in motorway accident

By The Nation

 

50eed619b94100c90d543ef9a03c98f8.jpeg

 

Five Indian tourists were injured when a chartered van taking them to Pattaya crashed into the rear of a trailer truck on Monday morning, police said.

 

The accident took place at the 113+600-kilometre marker in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district. 

 

The driver, Sorapong Inthong, 28, and the tourists were rushed to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. 

 

19b7e1ae9d52fd1b5222aba33148a339.jpeg

 

Meanwhile, truck driver Wutthikorn Sontham, 49, told police that he was transporting cement from Saraburi province to Chon Buri’s Sattahip district and that he was on the left lane when the van suddenly hit his trailer. 

 

2f5dd31e8b6278e8a0ab83ea72ba8f4a.jpeg

 

Wutthikorn was taken to the Khao Khiew Police Station for questioning and police are waiting for the van driver’s condition to improve before he is questioned. 

 

The van had picked the tourists up at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Monday morning, and police believe the driver may have dozed off.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368137

 

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A troll post and reply have been removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by the pictures of the wreck and how injured the passengers are, I am guessing nobody was wearing seatbelts. This is so sad. Seatbelt culture still isn't quite there yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, greenbottle555 said:

Judging by the pictures of the wreck and how injured the passengers are, I am guessing nobody was wearing seatbelts. This is so sad. Seatbelt culture still isn't quite there yet.

Probably cut of anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

waiting for the van driver’s condition to improve before he is questioned.

=sober up/come down to earth

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Probably cut of anyway.

the wearing of seatbelts or NOT does not stop BAD DRIVING....which is the case here 

Wearing seatbelts could help stop serious injury.....NOT BAD DRIVING..

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, essox essox said:

the wearing of seatbelts or NOT does not stop BAD DRIVING....which is the case here 

Wearing seatbelts could help stop serious injury.....NOT BAD DRIVING..

No bad driving here, just a simple case of brake failure. Happens all the time.

Nothing to get excited about.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

No bad driving here, just a simple case of brake failure. Happens all the time.

Nothing to get excited about.

yeah i forgot brake failure....but in report there is NO mention of dodgy brakes.....so they must be fully operational......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Illegal in the US to not use seatbelts, illegal (at least in most states) to hold a cell phone while driving.

 

Those road checks would earn a lot more if that was the law here, but most of all it would get the population buckling up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Illegal in the US to not use seatbelts, illegal (at least in most states) to hold a cell phone while driving.

 

The same in Europe, but whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...