Five Indian tourists injured in motorway accident

snoop1130

Five Indian tourists injured in motorway accident

By The Nation

50eed619b94100c90d543ef9a03c98f8.jpeg

Five Indian tourists were injured when a chartered van taking them to Pattaya crashed into the rear of a trailer truck on Monday morning, police said.

The accident took place at the 113+600-kilometre marker in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district. 

The driver, Sorapong Inthong, 28, and the tourists were rushed to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. 

19b7e1ae9d52fd1b5222aba33148a339.jpeg

Meanwhile, truck driver Wutthikorn Sontham, 49, told police that he was transporting cement from Saraburi province to Chon Buri’s Sattahip district and that he was on the left lane when the van suddenly hit his trailer. 

2f5dd31e8b6278e8a0ab83ea72ba8f4a.jpeg

Wutthikorn was taken to the Khao Khiew Police Station for questioning and police are waiting for the van driver’s condition to improve before he is questioned. 

The van had picked the tourists up at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Monday morning, and police believe the driver may have dozed off.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368137

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-22

Hardly surprising, I sat watching a couple of minivan drivers knocking back the Brandy and Sodas for a good while on the outskirts of town recently. After they had finished they both got into each of their minivans and drove off towards the motorway and presumably Bangkok. (The vans were empty). Not much concern about drink driving among those who drive the tourists for a living.

Police suspect van driver "dozed off"

This is now another excuse....why dont they get concrete evidence, before ASSUMING?????

Ifthe van driver picked up passengers in the MORNING then surely he would not be "sleepy" due to having a goodnights sleep !!!???

Or was he still pist???

Just now, essox essox said:

the wearing of seatbelts or NOT does not stop BAD DRIVING....which is the case here 

Wearing seatbelts could help stop serious injury.....NOT BAD DRIVING..

No bad driving here, just a simple case of brake failure. Happens all the time.

Nothing to get excited about.

6 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

No bad driving here, just a simple case of brake failure. Happens all the time.

Nothing to get excited about.

yeah i forgot brake failure....but in report there is NO mention of dodgy brakes.....so they must be fully operational......

Illegal in the US to not use seatbelts, illegal (at least in most states) to hold a cell phone while driving.

Those road checks would earn a lot more if that was the law here, but most of all it would get the population buckling up.

5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Illegal in the US to not use seatbelts, illegal (at least in most states) to hold a cell phone while driving.

Those road checks would earn a lot more if that was the law here, but most of all it would get the population buckling up.

It is illegal here too but nobody use seatbelt 

this is probably a case of high speed and not paying attention to the traffic 

That same afternoon I was in lane 3 waiting at the Naklua lights on Sukhumvit ......as usual a mini van arrived alongside me in the turn right lane 4 (for the purpose of cutting in, usual practice)

The sliding door opened and out jumped an Indian man, who then crossed the road and headed back towards Pattaya

After the traffic got under way I noticed another mini van in lane 1

I then watched the two of them racing one another, zig zagging across all lanes, presumably heading towards the Bangkok direction.....

I guess the Indian guy had had enough and valued his life.... 

Later that evening my partner told me of the early morning smash, which caused one poor guys aorta to rupture, she had first hand knowledge of this as she attended his operation

Strange .....5 years ago these vans were to be banned......!!!!!!

Archived