BANGKOK 21 May 2019 21:28
jim320

Sometimes the problem is actually the result of the applicant

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So it was one person behaving poorly? Who woulda thunk.

At Chaeng Watthana, over ~ 16 years (ext/stay-re-entry-90 day), with what must be 24+ visits equaling close to one hundred hours queuing, I do not ever recall seeing any foreigners yelling, but obviously, that's just my data point.

I am afraid I have in Pattaya.

Also a good smattering of those whining, occasionally justified as one can get  sense of being pxssed around from pillar to post. Not everyone there has strolled in from a nearby home. Usually I have my ducks in a row and things get done smoothly, as I know what is required. But recently, for example, Residence Certificates, I am at a loss as I get into a chicken and egg scenario. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Jomtien immigration I have found always efficient and do a great job.  The amount of people they have to put up with everyday smelling of last night's booze and sweat they deserve a medal. 

Yes, I think they do a good job.

I commented on this before.  If you want to see a show, sit at Chonburi immigration for an hour or so.

Always some/several Falang arguing, complaining, being obnoxious with staff.  And it is 99% of the time their ( I did not know) fault.

It can be a disgusting display and embarrassing.

Hey, when new imm. rules come up, does not surprise me at all....

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

Looking back I would say Jomtien immigration do a very good job.

Because I have visited Thailand almost yearly for the last 20 years I know that it is pointless to get mad, so I always present a calm and polite personality. ( Though inside I could kill lol ) .

But looking from the other side I can understand why some people lose it.

For example Immigration , with the TM30 are quite happy that I have proven where I live BUT if you want to open a bank account? You have to get a residence certificate!! I Having a house or wife must test ones limits. lol

To sum up I can understand why people get upset but it is shocking when it happens in front of you.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It’s very much a cultural thing..jai yen yen.....Thais admire polite people,

a clear head is always the winner, anger is confusion and not admired....it’s not hard to do, speak softly and forget about the way they do things back home....treat them with respect and you will find they will treat you with respect.....lose your head and get angry,

jai ron.....and things will not go so smoothly..a smile goes a long way, and dress with respect....everybody likes polite people, nobody likes angry people......all quite simple......Thai immigration is not out there to give anyone a hard time, I enjoy my visits there....

Edited by namatjira
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use Jomtien as well,i dress quite nicely and smile , i always get a smile fro the staff ,its a waste of time getting annoyed ,they are in charge ,live with it .

• Like 1